Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:09:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing The QuickCoin Social Wallet  (Read 7961 times)
Trolololo

Activity: 263
Merit: 280

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:26:36 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 11:00:52 AM by Trolololo

I registered to this one, decided to give it a go without hesitation.

I did not read the TOS, the registration was over in a few seconds.

Immediately loaded my account with 500,000 bits. It appeared in about 5 minutes and I started using it.

Sent 10k and 5k to my friends without asking their approval. One without public note, and the other with a wall post.

Fee is a very reasonable 100 bits (0.1mBTC = standard network fee) regardless of the amount.

There is no transaction history, which is a big minus.

I am interested what happens if the recipients reject the transaction.

I don't yet know anything about the technology.

TL;DR: WOW - this app alone is boosting Bitcoin price by $100+ in the remainder of 2014  Shocked

I have now sent to about 15 friends. One of my friends does not show up in the friends list and the "search" also does not find him. What's funny, he can send to me without problems.

Some of the transfers are experiencing delays.

Transaction history is still the most needed feature.

Have you tried making a withdrawal as well to see how that works out? And fees?

Good question!

I have not found how to withdrawal bitcoins...

Edit: just paste the bitcoin address. It's so easy that I had not figured out how to withdrawal.

Edit 2: fees are 100 "bits" (0.0001 BTC) for each movement (fund or payment or withdrawal)
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:37:18 AM

Good question!

I have not found how to withdrawal bitcoins...

Edit: just paste the bitcoin address. It's so easy that I had not figured out how to withdrawal.

Edit 2: fees are 100 "bits" (0.0001 BTC) for each movement (fund or payment or withdrawal)

I'm really not sure how I feel about the 100 bit fee on absolutely everything. That could add up to a lot over time. I'd rather have a higher withdrawal fee and no transfer fees, really.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:02:53 AM

Important:

At least one 50,000 bits transaction has gone missing (or delayed 48+ hours). I strongly urge the OP to reply in PM and sort this matter out soon!

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
QuickCoin (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 09:25:22 PM

Important:

At least one 50,000 bits transaction has gone missing (or delayed 48+ hours). I strongly urge the OP to reply in PM and sort this matter out soon!

rpietila,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

We have no support tickets, and I have not seen this anywhere. Where do you see this?

Please have this user get in contact with me: marshall@quickcoin.co

We also have a live chat on the site where support is available from 9am-8pm PST Mon-Sat (I'm usually available Sunday too).

Regards,
Marshall
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:07:33 PM

Email sent.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
QuickCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:33:33 PM

Email sent.

Response sent Smiley
QuickCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:44:21 PM

So I love the concept here, but I have a couple of questions:

1) What do you have in the way of transparency (ie. to ensure that you have all the coins you should and aren't running a fractional reserve)?

2) You can pm me on this one but do you all have any investor opportunities for this project or others?

ranlo,

All transactions are done on-chain. So when you send into an address you can see your money confirm and sit there (you can check it anytime you want), unlike Gox. We are not running a fractional reserve bank, I can assure you of that.

Feel free to PM me.
QuickCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:05:38 PM

Looks intersting and good luck! Definately keeping an eye on this, very useful and another step in knocking down the barrier of entry.

Maybe you could answer a couple of questions;

How do you plan to market the product towards the people you are targetting? After all most here wouldn't need a service such as this.

What are your fees/ how do you make your money?

dreamspark,

QuickCoin is much more than a simple bitcoin wallet. You will see as we progress and build more products Smiley

I understand that this may not be the best use case for everyone on Bitcointalk as you guys are already extremely well versed with Bitcoin/cryptocurrency applications. However, I think it's a great way to get your friends and family started with Bitcoin without them feeling overwhelmed. Specifically - you can send someone money without ever asking for their Public key.

Currently our fees are 0.0001 BTC or '100 bits' this goes directly to the Bitcoin network to propagate transactions and we do not see any of this money. As far as making money, we plan on building amazing and beautiful products, that need no explanation how to operate. Users are our main focus right now.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:43:01 PM

We need this for Bitcoin to succeed.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:50:14 PM

This got resolved by the recipient installing a different browser.

We need this for Bitcoin to succeed.

True.

C. Bergmann

Activity: 803
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:55:57 AM

how are thing going? Is the Social Wallet accepted well?

▄▄████▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄▄
▄█████▀▀            ▀▀█████▄
▄███▀       ▄████▄       ▀███▄
███      ▄██████████▄      ███
███    ▄██████████████▄    ███
███    ████████████████    ███
███    ▀██████████████▀    ███
███      ▀██████████▀      ███
▀███▄       ▀████▀       ▄███▀
▀█████▄▄            ▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀████▀▀
Gabro███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
WHITEPAPER
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TOKEN SALES
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
guigui371
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1693

C.D.P.E.M

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:44:38 AM

any news ?

it ain't much but it's honest work
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:02:37 AM

I think this is a wonderful idea, but seems that my friends (non-bitcoiners) who receive these, are not actively putting them into use.

What is the reason that finally as using Bitcoin is as easy as using FB, no more people spread the word?

Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:14:00 PM

Saw this today and tried it out. Great interface, easy to use, love the Facebook integration.

Sadly out of three transactions only one worked as it should.  The other two are just a spinning graphic with "Sending Transaction".

The Help page at QuickCoin.co gives a Page Not Found.

Too bad.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 03:38:57 PM

Is the project still active ?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: