Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:53:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I update to windows 8/9?  (Read 3481 times)
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:11:09 PM

sell the alienware and buy a real computer
CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 11:55:50 AM

sell the alienware and buy a real computer

I use them for portable gaming, I would sell the m15 since it was overpriced and make a home-build but currently using it as my dummy laptop for school.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
DodoB

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:21:10 PM

Yes you should,to windows 8.1. its much faster.
CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 01:23:52 PM

Yes you should,to windows 8.1. its much faster.

You trolling me??  Wink

kanggoroo

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:57:19 PM

For the love of GOD please Don't update to windows 8!!!!  I would rather slam my head in a car door before i EVER buy a product with windows 8 in it.  I wished i could revert to Windows 7 but because windows 8 is such Bullshit i would have to actually upgrade to windows 8 PRO to Revert back to Windows 7.....How fucked up is that?

DON"T DO IT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Lol ya i'm over reacting but Windows 8 does truly suck.

same shit happen with me  Cry

confirm windows 8 suck !!!!!!
_chance_

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:03:01 PM

Dude stick with windows 7, i would have stick with xp if could but still this windows 8 not worth upgrading.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:05:05 PM

Yeah you should. Keep your Windows up to date in order to stay safe in regards to malware, trojans or viruses! I don't think the windows versions nowadays really use much more hardware power so you should be good to go.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:54:00 PM

Yeah you should. Keep your Windows up to date in order to stay safe in regards to malware, trojans or viruses! I don't think the windows versions nowadays really use much more hardware power so you should be good to go.

Here's on point that may persuade others to update.

But not me Grin

I'm cautious and I know what I'm doing.

ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 05:09:21 PM

But not me Grin

Yeah well, but what about attacks from the outside that you can't even prevent! Have you ever hooked an unpatched Windows 95 computer on to the open Internet? Some people just wait and see how long it takes for the computer to go completely nuts because someone took control.

CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 05:17:21 PM

But not me Grin

Yeah well, but what about attacks from the outside that you can't even prevent! Have you ever hooked an unpatched Windows 95 computer on to the open Internet? Some people just wait and see how long it takes for the computer to go completely nuts because someone took control.

That's 95 though, not 7; 7 is also being supported.

So I'm fine Cheesy

But I have seen that happen in my other school.

ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 05:31:26 PM

But not me Grin

So I'm fine Cheesy

Yeah, you're right insofar as Windows 7 is still supported and will most likely receive current security updates for some time still! Is it really true that Windows 8 was rather crappy and Windows 8.1 really got better? If that logic holds true, Windows 9 will suck again? Cheesy

CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:23:38 PM

But not me Grin

So I'm fine Cheesy

Yeah, you're right insofar as Windows 7 is still supported and will most likely receive current security updates for some time still! Is it really true that Windows 8 was rather crappy and Windows 8.1 really got better? If that logic holds true, Windows 9 will suck again? Cheesy

Most probably Cheesy

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:50:23 PM

Phew, I haven't even tried out Windows 8, and they're already at Windows 8.1 and Windows 9? Really shows what I've been missing in the mean time? Are they any good those versions?

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
kazim123

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:54:27 PM

windows 7 is better then others
messibtc

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:56:09 PM

Windows 8.1 is much better than windows 7 for the low-end computers, it boots faster and requires less resources.

CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:10:52 PM

Phew, I haven't even tried out Windows 8, and they're already at Windows 8.1 and Windows 9? Really shows what I've been missing in the mean time? Are they any good those versions?

Windows 9 is coming out in September, I'm going to assume it's quite crap as usual.

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:12:27 PM

Windows 8.1 is much better than windows 7 for the low-end computers, it boots faster and requires less resources.

Really? I guess the best thing to do is get an SSD, if you haven't already... The difference in boot time or to load some application in general is a bigger difference than night and day... Doesn't the new additional interface use even more resources?

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
linxproz

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:39:03 PM

Yes Windows 8.1 is faster but don't forget that it's also more secure than its predecessors.
Plank

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:17:40 PM

I have an alienware m15x and m17x.

I sent my m15x in for repairs since I broke the charger pin inside the charger port.
This happened LAST YEAR FEBRUARY(2013) so we sent it back to the store I got it from, I only got it back this year and the store that I bought it from just gave me a new charger(all under warranty) and they still haven't fixed the port. It still charges anyway so that's fine.
But back to the topic;

I got it back now and I am not sure whether to Upgrade them to windows 8. Is it worth it?

Currently running on Windows 7.
Yes windows 8 is more relevant than windows 7,so far for me.I find is much useful in any aspects than windows 8.I am on a touch device and I love windows 8 a lot ,Heard windows 9 is gonna launch it's preview soon,
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 08:19:40 PM

Yes Windows 8.1 is faster but don't forget that it's also more secure than its predecessors.

Fuck off >_>
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: