Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:11:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you describe yourself primarily as:
A miner. - 9 (26.5%)
A trader. - 5 (14.7%)
A perfect balance of the above. - 8 (23.5%)
Michael Jackson. - 7 (20.6%)
Bigfoot's ugly brother. - 5 (14.7%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]: [Mana] : SCRYPT coin designed for mining (LOW BLOCK REWARDS+HARD TO MINE)  (Read 15474 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Soul_eater_123 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:07:22 PM

This coin difficulty will be like 999999 because 60 mins time is a lot.

the estimate on coins/day keeps dropping hard lol the fact that its rare isn't really enough to get the value high enough to justify mining constantly..

The aim is that the difficulty in mining will give it it's value, in the same way that gold or other hard to obtain metals get their value.

I get the idea, but most other coins with only a million cant even be mined and have tons of features...I see no features..

I agree which is why I'm looking for someone to join the team and look at adding features.  Unfortunately I don't have the technical skills myself otherwise I would do it.  My hope is if we can build a good community round this and get established we can attract in the right kind of people to add those features in later.  Right now they are really not needed.
GC-Pool

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 06:22:10 PM

mhmhmhm 2 pools together roundabout 900 mHS but Nethash = 5 GHS ?

all Solo ?

scorpio18
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Admin of CoinMiners Pools

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 06:48:50 PM

I just set up a pool for Mana coin , i sent a pm to dev to add us on op

Regards
Coinminers

Soul_eater_123 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:11:57 PM

mhmhmhm 2 pools together roundabout 900 mHS but Nethash = 5 GHS ?

all Solo ?

Who has that kind of hashpower to mine solo though?  You'd need your own power station.
Soul_eater_123 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:12:26 PM

Regards
Coinminers

Thanks now added.
scorpio18
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Admin of CoinMiners Pools

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 07:33:36 PM

Regards
Coinminers

Thanks now added.

Thanks Soul

GC-Pool

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 07:59:11 PM

bat is gone , hashrate going down

Soul_eater_123 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:13:20 PM

bat is gone , hashrate going down

Well maybe that's for the best:)
trustcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:03:17 PM

Need to rename litecoin to the mana-qt, integrate node.
But let's e-mail - will build for MAC OS.. Smiley
Soul_eater_123 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:17:02 PM

Need to rename litecoin to the mana-qt, integrate node.
But let's e-mail - will build for MAC OS.. Smiley

Thank you have sent you a PM.
Soul_eater_123 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:22:32 PM

Guys any more suggestions are welcome.  Let's see how we can improve things here.  

Also if you have any people who you think could bring some skills to the team and would like to have a hand in development (or if you feel you are suitable) please get in touch.  

We are also looking for a new logo.  I think the best way to do it would be to have a competition with the community deciding the winner whose logo will be adopted (and who will receive the 5 MANA bounty).

It seems we may soon have a block explorer and a mac wallet do to members of the community.

I've also added a poll at the top for fun. (Are you a miner or a trader?)

ChickenSesame

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:34:18 PM

It's all about being a trader  Wink
Soul_eater_123 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:32:15 AM

Dev a testnet should be just 1 block, not 120. This is a scam, don't mine this.

Now it's a scam?  Nobody is forcing you to mine it.  Also I'm using the coins I have for bounties partly but I don't see why I should create a coin purely for everyone else's benefit.
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:08:47 PM

Now it's a scam?  Nobody is forcing you to mine it.  Also I'm using the coins I have for bounties partly but I don't see why I should create a coin purely for everyone else's benefit.

Oh wow souleater.

Never heard that said before. I actually like the honesty.

Many other devs hide their profit somewhere, something breaks, or x y or z happens and this ends up benefiting the dev in some way because they want to get paid something for creating a coin.

For some reason that is TOTALLY forbidden here. Which is why we see devs doing all kinds of creative bullshit to get some kind of profit out of the coin.

So I like your approach, I THINK. So some is for bounties, and some is for you, which could be fair, what do you think is fair, the amount you receive for this. Im not being sarcastic either. Many pure POS coins leave a % of the coins for the devs, look at NODE, NEM and so on.

I don't see a problem with a dev getting paid. For some reason everyone else does. As long as the dev is up front and honest, and has the talent to make features for the coin, I think it would be unfair if he is not paid. I know people are going to jump all over my case for this but I don't care.

So how much are you getting paid, and what things do you have planned for the coin.

Again thanks for your honesty, it's pretty rare around here these days.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
Soul_eater_123 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:17:33 PM

Now it's a scam?  Nobody is forcing you to mine it.  Also I'm using the coins I have for bounties partly but I don't see why I should create a coin purely for everyone else's benefit.

Oh wow souleater.

Many other devs hide their profit somewhere, something breaks, or x y or z happens and this ends up benefiting the dev in some way because they want to get paid something for creating a coin.

For some reason that is TOTALLY forbidden here. Which is why we see devs doing all kinds of creative bullshit to get some kind of profit out of the coin.

So I like your approach, I THINK. So some is for bounties, and some is for you, which could be fair, what do you think is fair, the amount you receive for this. Im not being sarcastic either. Many pure POS coins leave a % of the coins for the devs, look at NODE, NEM and so on.

I don't see a problem with a dev getting paid. For some reason everyone else does. As long as the dev is up front and honest, and has the talent to make features for the coin, I think it would be unfair if he is not paid. I know people are going to jump all over my case for this but I don't care.

So how much are you getting paid, and what things do you have planned for the coin.

Thanks mate.  I'm going to keep 20 Mana myself.  The rest is for development.  55 have gone towards the current creation of the coin.  I just want something I can mine:)
Soul_eater_123 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:20:59 PM

Just to confirm I have 45 Mana for developement. So if anyone can help just say:)
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:33:34 PM

Oh wow souleater.

Thanks mate.  I'm going to keep 20 Mana myself.  The rest is for development.  55 have gone towards the current creation of the coin.  I just want something I can mine:)

That sounds more than fair to me, anyone who has a problem with that is just a tad bit too strict IMO.

What other features do you have in mind for the coin, anything so for you are thinking of?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
ChickenSesame

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:45:30 PM

At the end of the day. I still don't see 120 coins out of the final 500,000 being counted as premine/scam
There was no testnet, what's the problem? Instead the blockchain was kept going at 0.00024% of the total cap.
This coin isn't on an exchange, and we're going wait for it to stabilize before looking to do so, by then the 120 coins won't make a difference if it's dumped or not.
Don't like it? Too bad don't come here again then.
This coin is the ours just as much as it is everyone else's. If he wants to mine a coin that he also created, great.
Btw let me repeat, there was NO testnet, so don't complain about it being 1 block if it never existed.
ChickenSesame

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:26:00 PM

Oh wow souleater.

That sounds more than fair to me, anyone who has a problem with that is just a tad bit too strict IMO.

What other features do you have in mind for the coin, anything so for you are thinking of?

It's too early to promise anything. We don't want to hype anything and end up as a disappointment. Also any help/ideas would be appreciated
lorenz2356

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:32:27 PM

dev im having runtime error... what should i od? help me. thank u.

12KnK2YkdYTv8nKUT1pYivnmycyBCTQk74
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: