Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:05:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple Vanity Address Generator [v0.4]  (Read 18000 times)
Nyhm (OP)

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2012, 04:58:52 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 12:25:24 PM by Nyhm

I made a simple vanity address generator in Java, utilizing bitcoinj. (URL Removed, see Updates below.)

UPDATE: No more in-browser Java applet. Now strictly a downloadable desktop application.

UPDATE: As I have not maintained this application for some time, I feel it is best to remove it until I have time to update the code. Consider samr7's vanitygen.

Thanks for your interest! I hope to revisit this some day soon.

[Bitcoin Game List] ~ [BitcoinGalaxy.net Live Bitcoin Visualization] ~ [PotentialGames.com]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
splatster

Activity: 176

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 05:01:06 PM

Interesting...

If you sped it up it would be great.
oOoOo

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 08:26:00 PM

How about giving time estimates rather than things like "Hard", "brutal..."?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2012, 08:37:15 PM

I found this humorous:

If you find this useful or interesting, please consider a donation: 1NYhM2pzT6PDfZyXbyFm3dVcoob4phrGc5

Ideally, wouldn't you preferred providing a unique vanity address, one hashed by the app?

~Bruno~
splatster

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 08:52:25 PM

I found this humorous:

If you find this useful or interesting, please consider a donation: 1NYhM2pzT6PDfZyXbyFm3dVcoob4phrGc5

Ideally, wouldn't you preferred providing a unique vanity address, one hashed by the app?

~Bruno~

He, unfortunately, did not find it useful.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 08:55:47 PM

1NYhM2pzT6PDfZyXbyFm3dVcoob4phrGc5 stands for:
New York helps Me to pee zebra Trees  Cheesy

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
splatster

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 09:03:41 PM

Ugh, it was sooooooo obvious Grin
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2012, 09:06:14 PM

Ugh, it was sooooooo obvious Grin

lool i do the same thing to remember some of them

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Sherkel
aka Tombstoner

Activity: 131

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 09:28:48 PM

I found this humorous:

~Bruno~

Look at his username.

What do you get when you cross dominoes and The Matrix?
<A dominatrix!>
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 09:59:42 PM

I found this humorous:

~Bruno~

Look at his username.
You guys wanted so much to make fun of him that you ended up ridiculing yourselves...
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:04:32 PM

You guys wanted so much to make fun of him that you ended ridiculing yourselves...
That would imply that I have any modesty. I lost that sensibility years ago and feel much better without it. Besides, it wasn't ridicule I was displaying, but my incredible thesaurusless vocabulary.  Cheesy

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:24:24 PM

All kidding aside. Welcome to the Bitcoin community. Your code-fu is greatly needed.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2012, 10:36:45 PM

I found this humorous:

~Bruno~

Look at his username.
You guys wanted so much to make fun of him that you ended up ridiculing yourselves...

That still doesn't explain why he pees zebra trees.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2012, 10:54:32 PM

I found this humorous:

~Bruno~

Look at his username.

That still doesn't explain why he pees zebra trees.

heh

welcome to the forum Nyhm and thanks for making that useful website for for us Smiley

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Nyhm (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 12:37:27 AM

Thanks for having a look, everyone. This thread is pretty amusing.

If you sped it up it would be great.

I'm not really motivated to make this fast. My motivation was just to experiment (mainly with the BitCoinJ lib), and my design goal was simplicity. If you want fast, there are alternatives.

How about giving time estimates rather than things like "Hard", "brutal..."?

Because it's a random process (refer to the description for more details). You could put in a 16 character vanity word and find it in 2 seconds or 2 millennia. So, I came up with amusing names to suggest how unlikely you are to find a vanity word, based on length.

I found this humorous:

~Bruno~

I found it humorous, too... As others pointed out, both my username and the site address match my vanity address. I actually had text on the page explaining this, but I cut it out because I thought it was obvious enough... (and I had already reached my quota of obvious statements).

Don't worry, I offer full absolution through Bitcoin donation!

I can't believe you figured out exactly what that stands for.

Anyway, I didn't know if anyone else would find this useful, but I wanted to put something up, since I'm enthralled with Bitcoin (and write Java applications). Now, to figure out a way to earn some BTC to experiment with...

Thanks for welcoming me to the community, by the way! I hope to have time to tinker with Bitcoin some more some day.

[Bitcoin Game List] ~ [BitcoinGalaxy.net Live Bitcoin Visualization] ~ [PotentialGames.com]
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 01:55:28 AM

Gulp!

Okay! Here's my explanation, and I'm sticking to it. We, as a community, jab members we like, Nyhm. (damn, I hope he buys this story)

Seriously, I (now we) missed it. I (not we, unless...) was looking for the address to match the company's name, hence my post. I, at no time was dissing you or your company. Just making an observation. I'm glad to read that you're a good-nature fellow. The site look swell, BTW.

~Bruno~
Nyhm (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 02:18:11 AM

Gulp!

Okay! Here's my explanation, and I'm sticking to it. We, as a community, jab members we like, Nyhm. (damn, I hope he buys this story)

Seriously, I (now we) missed it. I (not we, unless...) was looking for the address to match the company's name, hence my post. I, at no time was dissing you or your company. Just making an observation. I'm glad to read that you're a good-nature fellow. The site look swell, BTW.

~Bruno~

Oh, hey, no problem, but I do appreciate you taking the time to follow up, Phinnaeus Gage. No offense taken at all.

Nyhm is just my pseudonym I use for games and such, and nyhm.net is just my personal playground for experimenting and whatnot. I'm very open to input and discussion, and it's fine to let me know what you think. I'm excited to have some humble offering to put out there for the Bitcoin community, and maybe some will appreciate some part of it.

My motivation right now is just to tinker when I can, and get familiar with the community. Bitcoin might be the most interesting software/technology I've encountered since the Internet itself. Eventually, I could see myself focusing my entire career toward Bitcoin-related software development... but that's tomorrow. Today, my time is entirely consumed developing/releasing/operating Island Forge, which has nothing (yet?) to do with Bitcoin. (Also see my lofty-sounding Potential Games Bitcoin Initiative)... but I digress.

I'm glad to make everyone's acquaintance, and any further discussion of the vanity generator is most welcome.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 02:26:20 AM

Gulp!

~Bruno~

Oh, hey, no problem, but I do appreciate you taking the time to follow up, Phinnaeus Gage. No offense taken at all.

Nyhm is just my pseudonym I use for games and such, and nyhm.net is just my personal playground for experimenting and whatnot. I'm very open to input and discussion, and it's fine to let me know what you think. I'm excited to have some humble offering to put out there for the Bitcoin community, and maybe some will appreciate some part of it.

My motivation right now is just to tinker when I can, and get familiar with the community. Bitcoin might be the most interesting software/technology I've encountered since the Internet itself. Eventually, I could see myself focusing my entire career toward Bitcoin-related software development... but that's tomorrow. Today, my time is entirely consumed developing/releasing/operating Island Forge, which has nothing (yet?) to do with Bitcoin. (Also see my lofty-sounding Potential Games Bitcoin Initiative)... but I digress.

I'm glad to make everyone's acquaintance, and any further discussion of the vanity generator is most welcome.

Boy, did I screw up big time! I just realized that the name of your site is the same as your moniker and IS in the vanity address. My eyesight is getting worse, I believe. And my mind. Before penning my first post, I even double checked the facts: http://nyhm.net and 1NYhM2pzT6PDfZyXbyFm3dVcoob4phrGc5 have nothing in common. What a fucking idiot I am.

~Bruno~
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 02:28:35 AM

Gulp!

~Bruno~

Boy, did I screw up big time! I just realized that the name of your site is the same as your moniker and IS in the vanity address. My eyesight is getting worse, I believe. And my mind. Before penning my first post, I even double checked the facts: http://nyhm.net and 1NYhM2pzT6PDfZyXbyFm3dVcoob4phrGc5 have nothing in common. What a fucking idiot I am.

~Bruno~

We forgive you, Bruno! ...as always...  Roll Eyes
Nyhm (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2012, 10:54:36 PM

Released new version (v0.2) of the applet!

• Case sensitive option
  • Any position option
  • Watch as literally dozens of addresses per second are computed!

Yes, it's still slow, but my motivation is experimentation. See the page for details.

Thanks for your interest and feedback!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: