Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:10:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy = Fail. Cryptsy ran off with my bitcoins.  (Read 2536 times)
cryptoman12

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:05:43 PM

Cryptsy now pay for holding deposits, vircurex did the same - I'm out of this exchange, don't make Gox's mistake!
Bittrex and MintPal are now the most reliable exchanges Wink
Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:12:43 PM

This is too laughable...

Cryptsy is The Exchange I trust, it's the Only Exchange I have trusted for the last year.

After thousands of trades they have never, ever, let me down.

Yes, on rare occasions delays have occurred but they always have fixed any rare technical
problems, and they have settled every last issue I have ever had. And as far as I know they
do the same for every customer of theirs.

I wasn't foolish enough to get Goxed by Mt. Gox!

Nor was I naive enough to trust any shady or fly by night scams, or the many scammers
in these parts!

Nor am I gullible enough to trust these strangers on the internet, usually with newbie
accounts, whom are obvious shills and tools for other exchanges with the ethics of a crook,
or mere cry baby trolls. Of course there are also plenty of cry babies demanding always
perfect instant gratification with extremely complex new technologies that we're all learning
to juggle and deal, and with whom just can't grasp the fact that extremely complex
technologies take some time and much efforts to perfect.

I trust Cryptsy quite often with substantial amounts of my own cryptocurrencies.

Cryptsy is one of the few exchanges not to be robbed, hacked, or otherwise absconded with
customers funds through insider scams. Security of funds is paramount. And one of the very
reasons I so far only trust Cryptsy whom has a substantial track record defending my funds.

Cryptsy is The Exchange I trust. Period. I have yet to come to trust any other exchange so
far. Hopefully there will be others that prove trustworthy with the tried and true test of time,
and others willing to risk it all elsewhere, in the mean time. But until then My obvious choice
was, and is Cryptsy.

If only Cryptsy would offer their fee-shares directly I would also be an owner of some of
those shares. But as it stands I don't yet trust the outfit called cryptostocks.com enough,
and that's the only place to purchase and hold those fee-shares to date. Maybe Cryptsy
could fix that lone outstanding issue, and thus have many more happy fee-share owners!

There are a lot of shady crooks in these parts, but Cryptsy is NOT one of them, quite the
opposite in fact!

Take it or leave it but these are the facts. Cryptsy is number 1. And the Only Exchange I trust
so far for many prudent, sound reasons being located in the USA and fully compliment with all
laws as far as many of us can deduce.

A Warning to new comers:
==================

Do all your own due diligence before trusting anyone with your cryptocurrencies, or doing any
business with anyone involving cryptocurrencies because once you send them to anyone else
they cannot be clawed  back unless the other party agrees to return them! You have been
warned. No transactions are reversible with cryptocurrencies, for many sound reasons!

Disclaimer: I have no connection to Crypsty except as a 1 year long customer of theirs. And as
far as I know they still don't even know who I am. I defend them from time to time solely
because their worthy of my support and respect. Otherwise I would rip them a new one just like
I constantly do with the banksters and others in these parts.

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!

(especially the crypto-exchange customer).
Lubizix

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:19:49 PM

Cryptsy now pay for holding deposits, vircurex did the same - I'm out of this exchange, don't make Gox's mistake!
Bittrex and MintPal are now the most reliable exchanges Wink
Same to me. Sound good.
georgehosterguy

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 04:52:34 PM

cryptsy doesn't steal ... just too dumb to keep the pipes from clogging all the time.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 04:56:49 PM

Oh what a surprise. People are impatient and complain too much, yet again.
Unless you magically deposited 100k Bitcoins, it's not profitable nor worth running off with only your Bitcoins.
As BitJohn stated, there were some issues.
Cryptsy has been the only exchange that I've stayed with, and I never had problems with them.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
gristlelump

Activity: 110

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:38:26 PM

technical issues are understandable and expected.....However poor communication with the customer base is inexcusable.  Only after 3 hours of complaining, on the trollbox, did they send out a tweet or give any sort of external sign that deposits and withdrawals were down and also absolutely no information on what wallets were affected on the homepage.  Absolutely amateurish to say the least.  One of the  trollbox MODS was rude, smug and effete when pressed to give more info.  he was acting like a complete bitch.  If you think Cryptsy is trustworthy with this level of concern for its traders then you are completely dellusional.

origin12

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:13:17 PM

Has Cryptsy ever been hacked?
georgehosterguy

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 06:30:15 PM

and I never had problems with them.

Then you have unbelievably low expectations   Kiss

reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:52:00 PM

The sad truth is mostly its not cryptsy fault but the SHIT CRAP WORTHLESS coins we have!, and we know that cryptsy have MOST of it, so guess who is to blame

I had problem with YAC but it was due the crappy forking of it, at the end got all back

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:53:01 PM

Mintpal.
Or Bittrex

Stay away from Cryptsy !

Before Gox happened there was a big warning wave.
Your choice to listen or to ignore the warnings.

to be fair they are ALL risky in my view.. it's an unregulated market we work with and that is the key issue.

and my chief issues with Cryptsy has not been about them stealing anyone's coins ever i think they are the best at making sure that does NOT happen.
i have had issues with some other various aspects of Cryptsy though such as numerous times coins / deposits etc  have been paused or stopped
with out any warning or at least notification after the fact and at the core of that complaint is communication with end users..
which i think has been their biggest problem of all time !
And it shows me they don't have as much respect for their customers money as they *should i think.

I have to say this honestly so i am not being fair if i don't mention how i have been suspicious of some activity they do with screwing with coins (or making them on the side)
a few of us came to the same conclusion last year..
I had said on chat ahead of time that they would pause certain market deposits etc at certain points in time and they did..
it got so predicable i could pull my coins (usually BTC) out ahead of time and work around the inevitable LOL
And what did i see ? other random guys mentioning that issue too and how it LOOKED "fishy"
One of the guys was here at the forum and his name was BitcoinExpress.. he had created a topic saying what i had said word for word exactly.
so no it was not just me.. LOTS of people notice sketchy shit.

BUT

Cryptsy is the least likely to steal your coins i think of all exchanges.
What to be worried about then ? Possible service disruptions.. such as coin deposits not working for a while etc.
I want to be fair and honest about this good or bad and my experiences with them have been more older than recent so i don't know what they are like now.
Over time i would like to hope they have gotten better at keeping the service running smooth or at the very least,
keeping their users informed about deposit / withdrawal issues in a timely fashion..

edit:
I do think a warning is a fair though..
of any time this is the time an exchange (any) would prob get nervous and run for it.. if at all.
and there has been a LOT of complaints about cryptsy and mostly about missing or stalled withdrawals or deposits (not stolen coins)
I would avoid keeping coins in exchanges as much as you all can..

FUD first & ask questions later™
thevinci (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:51:41 AM

48 hours and still no BTC deposit and they have went home for the weekend. This is getting ridiculous. We know where they are in Florida.
Goldengoal

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:57:08 AM

Same.. 36 hours and missing BTC deposit.
broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 05:12:11 AM

Do you noobs even read the thread before posting dumb ass comments? John said they had issues with a server and are migrating the data.

I have been using Cryptsy since it was birthed and they have always fixed any issues I have had, grant it may take time but they do not steal coins.

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:01:13 AM

want to read my IRC logs of when they vanished when Doge deposits were frozen fro around 2 weeks ?
i still have all my logs Wink

i sat on chat as they hid even though they were OP'd and active on the channel before hand.
and they even seized control of the channel too before that there was no leaders.
i say there 24/7 telling the massive flood of guys coming in day after day after day 24/7 all day and all night
over and over like a broken record that i bet they have a Doge deposit issue right ?
and they would say..... yup
and what shattered my bloody mind is how on earth did sooooooo many people even figure out to come there and ask Huh like WTF ?
and there was a LOT !

when some random cryptsy guy showed his face named Ross or something he played dumb about and said it was fixed
and that we should read the cryptsy-blog post that came out like the previous week.. when it was clear by the volume of PISSED THE FUCK RIGHT OFF
complainers there was a HUGE fucking problem.. AND that mods were hiding on the main channel and on their support channel they advised people go to.
I sat around trying to help and defend cryptsy day in and day out all along even though i HATE Doge coin !
And funny enough the random mystery staff member came and asked a guy what his problem was one time other than that none of them showed their face at all !
and he called the guy a liar and mouthed him off which caused the customer to go nuclear and explode on em. (classic behavior with *some Cryptsy Staff)

THIS my little ass kissing Cryptsy Cheerleaders is your REAL Cryptsy and yeah i have used it for a fucking year so spare me the, i never had problems bullshit !

I have seen stories like that a million times and it's never been hacked ? explain that to the guys who dumped their coins to buy POINTS but had their buys rolled back.

want a few million more stories ? i have an assload of chat box and IRC logs to back it up on the table to shut you guys the fuck up in heart beat lol
I just touched the tip of the ice berg..
Their staff make coins and manipulates things and based on what coins and when that are mysteriously frozen etc you can bet they manipulate the markets.
as other have posted here with me on their own.. i am not the only one who noticed this.
the fed me a bullshit excuse once about a FORK before that never existed while sitting their avoiding me talking about for an hour or two
they were corned then lied to cover their tracks then if i said one more word about it i got ganged up on by mods.. stfu or i was gonna get banned.
How the fuck woudl you feel if your arb'ing coins and wonder were your coins went and a bunch of mods on chat are sitting there playing dumb dodging you ?
And the fact i got a FORK excuse proved they knew for hours as i sat there asking if anyone heard anything THEY KNEW all along.. busted .
you
have
been
warned.

PS:
Those idiots banned me randomly out of the blue from their chat for a year because i talked about their Points hack that happened.

Why did i say this ? because this contradicts every single minute detail that other guy said earlier in his wall of text Cryptsy can do wrong rant.
i know i was there for crying out loud LOL
You can't bullshit me i seen it all with my own two fucking eyes  Roll Eyes

Just wait until YOU ARE the guy who is fucked over and we will see how your tune changes guys.. just give it some time it will happen Wink
Have some compassion for other guys with missing coins etc with no explanation rather than jumping on them like fanboy assholes sucking Corruptsy's cock !

YEAH some guys are just impatient etc but sometimes they are just full of shit pulling a Cryptsy as they do so well..
They are cocky and don't have respect for their customers and their customers money and that their customers are their boss.
I have had to remind them LOTS who the fucking BOSS is and that we be we the users !

Do i think they will steal your coins ? hell NO !
Do i think they will make coins on the side and play dumb about it ? ohhh yeah LOL
Will they freeze marketz and your deposits or withdrawals and manipulate markets .. fuck yeah they will !
they don't call them Corruptsy for nothing LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
RichQuick

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:15:40 AM

Mintpal.

Haha that made me laugh, I still smell burnt vericoins, not even that GUI can save them now....
I know this stuff is fixable but, that will DEFINATELY leave a skid mark on their rep.... I haven't used em since that's for sure...

same here

- Cryptsy
- Mintpal

and i think Bittrex will not be Number 1 for long. (adding 100 shitcoins a day)
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 12:21:22 AM

I would not suggest depositing into cryptsy at the moment.

Sent in btc and 75 confirmations later still no deposit. Contacted their "help," i use the word lightly, support and they send me an email back asking for all the informations that is included in the tx-id that i sent already....massive fail guys WTF

help support tx: 156249
https://blockchain.info/address/1DWtTCzhFtYRBcDqh8TzSoe8aPCoMcNCCx
KaChingCoinDev

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:24:49 AM

I was selling Centcoins on eBay, and was making tons of money converting BTC - CENT and selling it on ebay.

Well I couldn't withdrawl my Cent from cryptsy for months, so I lost a couple hundred dollars that I could of made.
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 01:18:17 AM

I was selling Centcoins on eBay, and was making tons of money converting BTC - CENT and selling it on ebay.

Well I couldn't withdrawl my Cent from cryptsy for months, so I lost a couple hundred dollars that I could of made.

For months  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

How do they even explain that?

I've never had these types of problems with btc-e or vircurex. Deposit/withdrawal problems are always resolved ASAP.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:20:07 AM

Take it or leave it but these are the facts. Cryptsy is number 1. And the Only Exchange I trust
so far for many prudent, sound reasons being located in the USA and fully compliment with all
laws as far as many of us can deduce.

Mostly agree with you, but here you went off the deep end. Ker-splash.

Cryptsy is great for all those obscure guilty pleasure coins like HoboNickels...
And they are very reliable considering they deal with endless blockchain issues...
And I have not lost a single coin out of > 1,000 transfers in 2014...
But I've had delays... and all kinds of weird shit go down.

Their fees are too high for serious traders...
Who are over at Bitfinex or BTC-E or Bitstamp or whatever...
Why would I pay 0.25% to trade LTC or DRK...
When I can pay maker/taker fees of 0.0%/0.1% on Bitfinex...
LTC has a 1% spread anybody trading it on Cryptsy is nuts.

I used to be a US broker-dealer and know all about US securities regulation...
I used to have examiners come into my office and shine a FLASHLIGHT UP MY ASSHOLE...
And I can assure you that Cryptsy is totally off the radar...
The Treasury Secretary and SEC have never even heard about HoboNickels...
If "exchanges" like Cryptsy ever get regulated... they will just disappear into the night.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:03:37 AM

days of trying to get just 500k netcoin out, 18 attempts alone since yesterday and I finally have them.

expressed my disappointment at crypsty's  in chat and get told its my fault "you didn't handle it appropriately especially regarding the small inputs", then I get threatened with a ban because cryptsy brushes off any negative feedback in chat as a troll.

hanging in chat over the year I'm not surprised u regularly see the flip and blame the customer approach then the ban threats as the customer vents their understandable frustration.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: