Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:53:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Litecoin can't reach Bitcoin price?  (Read 2506 times)
koby (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:12:00 PM

Why
BitMoCoin

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 11:14:16 PM

ASICs,

(1 word game)
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:16:26 PM

Why can't I sell garbage for the price of gold? Why
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:22:56 PM

If bitcoin goes to $10 000 or $100 000  , litecoin could easily reach $500 - $2500

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
georgehosterguy

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 11:32:02 PM

If bitcoin goes to $10 000 or $100 000  , litecoin could easily reach $500 - $2500

Not enough room for lite and crypto note and smartcoin all together .  So no.  Fail.

panck4beer

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:32:46 PM

4 times more coins + most people preffer Bitcoin.
But in future Litecoin might reach 500 usd if you mean this

7FigureSwagger

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:44:12 AM

4 times more coins + most people preffer Bitcoin.
But in future Litecoin might reach 500 usd if you mean this

I can see 500 if we get super lucky as well, that is if bitcoin hits the highs many are betting on, and to touch on the asics coming online, I think there is just a market saturation of freshly mined coins right now, once we get past that and definitely when the block reward halves, hopefully we see a nice price increase! Wink
robstak

Activity: 203

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:52:47 AM

Too many innovative coins are coming out, because of this Litecoin will never reach bitcoin price. Investors now a days are looking for a coin with great features.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:55:21 AM

Why

Why, because btc has an anon dev thats always going to be shaky with real world investors, ltc is faster smoother for everyday use (come on you've actually used them both for transactions haven't you  Lips sealed ), and even has a stable mac client (sorry but a good stab of the world does use apple),................oh wait sorry I'm argue the wrong way...ok here goes...

wait...... Huh
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:57:42 AM

Too many innovative coins are coming out, because of this Litecoin will never reach bitcoin price. Investors now a days are looking for a coin with great features.

lol innovations  Cheesy someones a sucker to the 101 con jobs on here  Kiss
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:58:45 AM

Network effect, infrastructure, merchant adoption, development (those apply to all coins versus Bitcoin)

That... and it's a copy and paste coin
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:03:18 AM

Network effect, infrastructure, merchant adoption, development (those apply to all coins versus Bitcoin)

Based on your profile image did you used to be a big fan of LTC but are not anymore?
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:05:00 AM

investments are too wide-spread by the launch of new coins everyday. Keep the numbers of coins around 20 and you won't see the same low price for every coins out there. The biggest problem of open source is not that anyone can copy it, is non-thinking investors sending money to the first ''dev'' saying they can make a quick buck or making them think so.

Put that aside and maybe litecoin can reach the bitcoin price but i'm not sure any other coins can do that in the near future.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:06:01 AM

sorry but form a real world perspective I don't see anything but something based on bitcoin, but with improvements (eg simplified, capable of mass adoption.

btw not saying it'd necessarily be litecoin (and don't get me wrong i'm not exactly a ltc fanboi, i say the only thing actually good to come out of cryptos so far is; the idea).

djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:11:52 AM

sorry but form a real world perspective I don't see anything but something based on bitcoin, but with improvements (eg simplified, capable of mass adoption.

btw not saying it'd necessarily be litecoin (and don't get me wrong i'm not exactly a ltc fanboi, i say the only thing actually good to come out of cryptos so far is; the idea).

The idea of crypto is good but what the CC world lack is the infrastructure to help less tech-savy people get in. If you don't know how to work with a computer or only have basic knowledge, you won't be able to deal with the technical side of crypto which might stop a lot of people from using it.

You want the price to rise? Find a way for more people to be able to use it without too much problems. Make it more ''user-friendly''.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:36:35 AM

Grad engineering students may get a hard-on for some of these Gen 2.0 platforms...
But if you can't explain it to your aunt or neighbor in 60 seconds it's not going anywhere.

The more I think about NXT... the more ridiculous it seems...
35% of NXT tx fees are collected by 5 accounts...
So you have this TOTALLY CENTRALIZED group floating complex decentralized alpha products.

NXT is like a Glory Hole blowjob by a random 3rd World ho while wearing 3 rubbers.
What fun... but grad engineers fantasize about this kind of special kink.

Or you have Jeb-Serial-Scammer floating a Ripple clone... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Security and dead simple is everything...
And that means BTC, LTC, and a handful of new, secure, dead simple crypto.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:44:36 AM

Based on your profile image did you used to be a big fan of LTC but are not anymore?

Good guess. Smiley

We can't change avatars since forever
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 02:47:52 AM

Why

If you want the truth, it's because the name sucks.  Tongue
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:49:14 AM

sorry but form a real world perspective I don't see anything but something based on bitcoin, but with improvements (eg simplified, capable of mass adoption.)

How exactly is Litecoin more simplified than Bitcoin? It is pretty much the same thing with quicker block times and more money supply. The algorithm is different, but that doesn't have anything to do with it being simpler.

Also, I don't see how it is any more capable of mass adoption than Bitcoin is.

Not specifically directed at you, just ranting:

People complain about cryptos having extra features, but I think it is silly. I have a solution for those people: don't use them. It will attract some users that do want to use them though, and therefore it helps with adoption.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:15:08 AM

sorry but form a real world perspective I don't see anything but something based on bitcoin, but with improvements (eg simplified, capable of mass adoption.)

How exactly is Litecoin more simplified than Bitcoin? It is pretty much the same thing with quicker block times and more money supply. The algorithm is different, but that doesn't have anything to do with it being simpler.

Also, I don't see how it is any more capable of mass adoption than Bitcoin is.

Not specifically directed at you, just ranting:

People complain about cryptos having extra features, but I think it is silly. I have a solution for those people: don't use them. It will attract some users that do want to use them though, and therefore it helps with adoption.

simplified was probably the wrong word to use, i more meant from using both for real world trans ltc is slightly smoother, still personally don't see it as smooth enough for mass adoption.

extra features point, none of those extra "features" are attracting anyone new from outside this very small niche community.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: