Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:05:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The price is being manipulated so hardcore right now...  (Read 3362 times)
penii plural 4 penis (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:36:26 AM

...and why?

Because larger investors want to fuck with you. They want to fuck with you and scare your weak ass into selling to them at a loss.

If you think Bitcoin is going to disappear, you deserve to lose money. Sell them your coins at a loss, you weak eunuchs.

The divide between rich and poor, at it's core, exists because of one fundamental fact: Manipulation.

Learn this fact and you're already halfway there.

Or don't...and keep making posts about how you're "DONE WITH BITCOIN THIS TIME GUYS!"

Dfrost

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:38:05 AM

Isn't the price of anything always manipulated? The way of business right?
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:42:52 AM

...and why?

Because larger investors want to fuck with you. They want to fuck with you and scare your weak ass into selling to them at a loss.

If you think Bitcoin is going to disappear, you deserve to lose money. Sell them your coins at a loss, you weak eunuchs.

The divide between rich and poor, at it's core, exists because of one fundamental fact: Manipulation.

Learn this fact and you're already halfway there.

Or don't...and keep making posts about how you're "DONE WITH BITCOIN THIS TIME GUYS!"

Ok great.

I shall not be tricked by those nasty manipulators and will hold all my BTC as they grind the price of Bitcoin down over the coming months to low treble digits through their 'manipulations'

I shall show these bastards!

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:43:17 AM

Isn't the price of anything always manipulated? The way of business right?

Indeed it is.

But I think it's quite acute at the moment.

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:50:18 AM

Ok great.

I shall not be tricked by those nasty manipulators and will hold all my BTC as they grind the price of Bitcoin down over the coming months to low treble digits through their 'manipulations'

I shall show these bastards!

In 2 years, the level of regret you are going to experience is going to be far worse than any duress you suffered while watching the price drop a measly 15%-20%...

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5079

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:53:17 AM

I don't know about you guys, but they aren't getting my coins for any price except 10X or more than what I paid for them.

Massive walls be damned.

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:08:01 AM

I don't know about you guys, but they aren't getting my coins for any price except 10X or more than what I paid for them.

Massive walls be damned.

I'm with you.

Except forget 10x...don't be shortsighted.

Try 30-40x.

Unlike MatTheCat and others like him, I don't hold Bitcoin to get rich overnight. I'm looking at this in terms of years.

The price is either going to be a LOT higher in 2 years, or Bitcoin is going to be 5 cents. It's that simple.

Most these crybabies are investing like $2k and start crying when the price drops 20% and they lose $400. Awww...I'm sorry your $2k investment hasn't made you a millionaire yet.. You wanna get some McDonalds icecream? Make you feel better? Awwwww..

If that $2k goes to $0, is it really that profound?

Now if that $2k goes to $80k in 5 years time...that's fucking profound.

My point is this: If you bought into Bitcoin thinking that it was going to be a straight line up, you are a delusional retard.

vuduchyld

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:15:33 AM

Holy shit.  I find myself agreeing super hard with a poster named, "penii plural 4 penis".

Didn't see that coming.

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:19:33 AM

Holy shit.  I find myself agreeing super hard with a poster named, "penii plural 4 penis".

Didn't see that coming.

Does that mean we can be friends butt-buddies?

bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:21:09 AM

Most commodities have been or are being manipulated. Silver has been manipulated for ages. Their was the 2 billionaire brothers that tried to buy up all the silver and then there is JP morgan, they will short silver and then do a massive dump so create a massive sell off and cash in. they have been sued by the government various times for doing this..

So, yea, bitcoin isn't immune to this either.. Especially since it doesn't take much to sway the market..
vuduchyld

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:22:21 AM

Didn't see that coming.

Does that mean we can be friends butt-buddies?

Let's just hold hands and see how that goes for a while. 

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:26:06 AM

Let's just hold hands and see how that goes for a while. 

Prude.
vuduchyld

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:28:25 AM

Cry
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:50:31 AM

Nothing wrong with selling at a loss and buying back lower, either. That's not even coming from the perspective of a trader necessarily. Any investor should have a stop loss. For many bitcoiners, it's just set at zero. Grin When was going down with the ship a good investment plan for other assets?

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:51:31 AM

Nothing wrong with selling at a loss and buying back lower, either. That's not even coming from the perspective of a trader necessarily. Any investor should have a stop loss. For many bitcoiners, it's just set at zero. Grin When was going down with the ship a good investment plan for other assets?

...except 90% of the time, you don't end up buying back lower.
illyiller

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:58:03 AM

...except 90% of the time, you don't end up buying back lower.

The number you are looking for is 80 (see Pareto), and that is probably more effectively used to gauge a zero sum situation. However, refer to the 2014 chart and you'll find that if you cut your losses at $500 or above, you've had many chances to rebuy lower.

The question is, did you? The fact that most traders are losers, or that many investors make bad decisions, is more a matter of risk management than anything else. That doesn't mean that being the exception to that rule means you will lose.

Patience is the most important virtue in this game. And the ones chasing after bubbles are the first to lose.

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:01:14 AM

Patience is the most important virtue in this game. And the ones chasing after bubbles are the first to lose.

They are?

So I shouldn't have bought those coins @ $120 during the $266 bubble?

illyiller

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:16:35 AM

They are?

That's easy for you to say as someone who is in profit. Wink

"Chasing" in trading or investing means lagging behind the market and buying once the hype already happened. It's easy to preach HODL when you're golden. However, for those who began buying in 2014, bitcoin has performed horribly. And it was after the November 2013 bubble that 2014 was supposed to be the "year of bitcoin." Such hype, wow. Just keep in mind that this has been the longest bear market in bitcoin history. Surely it's even possible that bitcoin could return to the $100s or double digits, too, is it not? After all, bulls have been calling the bottom for many months now. In that case, it would have been prudent to take some profit off the table from those $120 coins. Wink
falllling

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:18:43 AM

They are?

"Chasing" in trading or investing means lagging behind the market and buying once the hype already happened. It's easy to preach HODL when you're golden. However, for those who began buying in 2014, bitcoin has performed horribly. And it was after the November 2013 bubble that 2014 was supposed to be the "year of bitcoin." Such hype, wow. Just keep in mind that this has been the longest bear market in bitcoin history. Surely it's even possible that bitcoin could return to the $100s or double digits, too, is it not? After all, bulls have been calling the bottom for many months now. In that case, it would have been prudent to take some profit off the table from those $120 coins. Wink

correct, bitcoin is going down! bulls are trying to scam people to buy so they can sell higher

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:30:39 AM

They are?

I was "chasing", per your definition, for the majority of last year at my $120-$200 buys during the $266 bubble.

But I saw the forest, not just the trees.

I watched the price drop back to $60 during the Silk Road bust.

I continued to see the forest, not just the trees.

I bought some more at $450-$675.

..and guess what? I still see that forest, not just the trees.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: