Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:37:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinsLottery(Coming Soon)(Hiring)  (Read 1945 times)
starsoccer9 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:11:47 PM

Hi I am preety new to the whole bitcoins but I wanted to start my own Bitcoin Site. So I started up CoinsLottery. It is a lottery that happens every week on sunday.So basiclly when you buy a ticket your ticket has a number. So for example if I was the 302 person to by a ticket my ticket would be 302. Then on sunday we randomly select a winner and the winner gets 99% of the pot. The 1% kept is used to pay for the site and keep it running. Right now everything is automatic besides the payment process. You should be paid in 48 hours of wining. The winner will be posted on the site so he knows he has one. Each ticket costs .1 btc. If you have any questions or concerns please post here.
Also I am looking for someone who could help with automating the process of paying the winner. If you think you qualifiy please PM me.
Lastly, I am planning on adding in another lottery what type of coin should I make it for? litecoin,IXcoin,IOcoin,LiquidCoin, or Namecoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
splatster

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:16:28 PM

First of all, this already exists.

Second, you have no rep, thus giving everyone else no reason to trust you.
starsoccer9 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:19:50 PM

I know lotteries already exist I am just looking to make another one.
Also I know I dont have any rep that is why the price is .1 which is less then 50cents.
splatster

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:22:10 PM

I know lotties already exist I am just looking to make another one.
Why do you need to reinvent the wheel here?

Also I know I dont have any rep that is why the price is .1 which is less then 50cents.
It's money, and people aren't going to buy into a lottery that they can't trust.  You yourself said you're new to bitcoin.
starsoccer9 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:25:28 PM

Im planning on adding in more lotteries such as namecoin lottery and devcoin. Also I am working on other types of bitcoin Lotteries. For example I was gonna make another lottery that would work like the mega millions work in the US. I was simply trying to start up a site.
splatster

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:27:02 PM

Im planning on adding in more lotteries such as namecoin lottery and devcoin. Also I am working on other types of bitcoin Lotteries. For example I was gonna make another lottery that would work like the mega millions work in the US. I was simply trying to start up a site.

Yet this site is no where to be found.  Your rep is non-existant.  This sounds very scammy.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:30:08 PM

Yet this site is no where to be found.  Your rep is non-existant.  This sounds very scammy.

You're sure being tough on the guy... he said he's trying to hire a developer.  I'm tempted to take up the job just to make up for your rudeness.  The bitlotto dude didn't have much rep either when he started.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:33:29 PM

Look, as resident troll around here I'll cut to the chase right now.

You have no reputation, so even if you were selling foot powder, half of the active community would think you're going to take money and run off with it. The reason for this is because of Bitcoin's irreversible nature, and that a great majority of newbies who create businesses run off with peoples' money.

If you are serious about making a business, never disclose every fucking detail of your business to everyone. In contrast, if your business is something that can be told to everyone else, then you have no business unless you can do it better than anyone else.

This and the fact that you're starting at a low level of comprehension to Bitcoin spells to us that you are going to fail. Because we hate failures much more than we hate idiots, we're just telling you to stop now while you're ahead.

If you insist on pursuing this direction, then get a hold of the people who are already doing it first and see if you can work with them. Decentralized currencies do not necessarily require everyone to make their own business, and not every idea you have will be original (technically, none will be), so why not find partners instead of employees? Why not find work on something and show it first? And if your reason for this is "Because I can't make it on my own", then you're doing it wrong-- you should be waving money, not your lips.

EDIT: Also, you talk like a 12 year old. Be offended or not, doesn't matter to me. Find someone else to talk for you here who knows how to.

starsoccer9 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:35:56 PM

It says in the title coming soon, I didnt even put up address to send payments to. If I would of put up no website or anything and said just send money to this address yea that would of sounded spammy. I simply put this up as an annoucment that I am working on a site which is mostly done and that I am looking for someone with expertise to help me. Also I plan on launching the site sunday. So it is basiclly just 6 days in advance.
@notme
Thank you, It wasnt like I threw together some bogus site and said send money here for my lottery. I am hiring someone and making a site from scratch. Also basiclly I just need some help with how to automate the whole progress of automaticlly sending the winner the payment so I do not have to do it manually. Not that I mind but I would rather it be all automatic so there is no room for human error. Also this is probaly gonna isnt gonna be a one or two time thing. Since I just need help this once and maybe again when I set up a namecoin lottery.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:37:00 PM

You have no reputation, so even if you were selling foot powder, half of the active community would think you're going to take money and run off with it. The reason for this is because of Bitcoin's irreversible nature, and that a great majority of newbies who create businesses run off with peoples' money.

If you are serious about making a business, never disclose every fucking detail of your business to everyone. In contrast, if your business is something that can be told to everyone else, then you have no business unless you can do it better than anyone else.

This and the fact that you're starting at a low level of comprehension to Bitcoin spells to us that you are going to fail. Because we hate failures much more than we hate idiots, we're just telling you to stop now while you're ahead.

If you insist on pursuing this direction, then get a hold of the people who are already doing it first and see if you can work with them. Decentralized currencies do not necessarily require everyone to make their own business, and not every idea you have will be original (technically, none will be), so why not find partners instead of employees? Why not find work on something and show it first? And if your reason for this is "Because I can't make it on my own", then you're doing it wrong-- you should be waving money, not your lips.

Good post, helpful instead of purely critical.  Unfortunately this community has seen its fair share of scams, so people tend to be cautious/protective.  Especially those that have been scammed first hand.

splatster

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:37:41 PM

EDIT: Also, you talk like a 12 year old. Be offended or not, doesn't matter to me. Find someone else to talk for you here who knows how to.

Thanks for getting right to it, Matthew.
starsoccer9 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:38:55 PM

Im not trying to run a scam and that is why I am open with my intension for the future. If someone wants to go and copy me go ahead that just means my idea was good. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".
How would you recommend I improve my rep?
notme
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:39:25 PM

It says in the title coming soon, I didnt even put up address to send payments to. If I would of put up no website or anything and said just send money to this address yea that would of sounded spammy. I simply put this up as an annoucment that I am working on a site which is mostly done and that I am looking for someone with expertise to help me. Also I plan on launching the site sunday. So it is basiclly just 6 days in advance.
@notme
Thank you, It wasnt like I threw together some bogus site and said send money here for my lottery. I am hiring someone and making a site from scratch. Also basiclly I just need some help with how to automate the whole progress of automaticlly sending the winner the payment so I do not have to do it manually. Not that I mind but I would rather it be all automatic so there is no room for human error. Also this is probaly gonna isnt gonna be a one or two time thing. Since I just need help this once and maybe again when I set up a namecoin lottery.

The bitcoin JSON API is pretty easy to work with... what language are you using?

starsoccer9 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:40:29 PM

Well my whole site is in php and html right now

EDIT: I looked at the API and I will try to get automatic payments working by myself
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:44:26 PM

Im not trying to run a scam and that is why I am open with my intension for the future. If someone wants to go and copy me go ahead that just means my idea was good. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".

Yes, yes. I'm sure Apple feels very happy about Samsung copying so much of their design and are very pleased to let them go ahead with it since it doesn't cause them any kind of competition and potential loss of profits.

Roll Eyes

I would recommend you improve your rep firstly by not making statements. Questions are like statements because they let us know what you don't know while telling us that you are interested in the possibility of being wrong. Statements however tell us that you believe you know and therefor do not need direction, so when someone presents themselves as if no direction is needed and yet that someone is still failing at something, we tend to treat that person like a plague on the creative flow in the community and micro-economy.

We usually try to signal to these individuals in the most obvious way possible that they are doing it wrong by simply telling them (also known as trolling), but time and time again people prove that they are emotionally attached to their businesses, which also tells us that they are failures at business in general.

Get used to failing, embrace it, then get used to people thinking you're a failure. One day you'll wake up with everything you want, everything working but everyone hating you and understand that that is actually normal.  Wink

notme
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:45:29 PM

Well my whole site is in php and html right now

Here's an example of how to communicate with the daemon:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/API_reference_(JSON-RPC)#PHP

I'm not really inclined to build a lottery (no challenges, already done, etc), but like Matthew said, if you start waving money around I could probably be persuaded.  If you provide details of the exact scope of the project and the price you're willing pay, you'll have better luck finding a developer.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:46:42 PM

Imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery, but that doesn't mean imitation works in the business world.  Differentiation is the key in business.  If you want to be successful, you have to show everyone how your product/service/lotto is better than the existing one(s)!  So far, this just looks exactly the same as the existing, well-known lotteries, in which case a person will ask themselves, "Why not just gamble on bitlotto instead of this unknown guy's site?"  Which is a legitimate question.  You have to find a way to attract people to your own lotto instead of using one of the existing ones with established reputation.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:49:31 PM

Imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery, but that doesn't mean imitation works in the business world.  Differentiation is the key in business.  If you want to be successful, you have to show everyone how your product/service/lotto is better than the existing one(s)!  So far, this just looks exactly the same as the existing, well-known lotteries, in which case a person will ask themselves, "Why not just gamble on bitlotto instead of this unknown guy's site?"  Which is a legitimate question.  You have to find a way to attract people to your own lotto instead of using one of the existing ones with established reputation.

^^^This.

And you have to prove solvency and accountability to the community. This is hard if you intend to remain anonymous. Case in point, I am never anonymous in my businesses, that way even my few flaws are known ahead of time for people to first honestly judge, offering correction to, then adapt to, instead of having a lurking fear of potential fraud at any moment haunt them throughout the business dealings as they would have if I were anonymous.

starsoccer9 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:54:43 PM

I am going to work on usuing the API by myself and see if I can get it working before I request any help.
@sgt
I do Plan on differentiating my lottery. As I stated in a prevoius post I plan on making a lottery that works like the mega millions. I do not know of any current bitcoin lotteries that work this way.
@Matthew
I am perfectly fine with not being anonymous. How would you like me to do that. I could go and write a autobiograpghy but what would that prove beside that I can write a biography. I can give you my phone number,my name and even my address.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:57:37 PM

I am going to work on usuing the API by myself and see if I can get it working before I request any help.
@sgt
I do Plan on differentiating my lottery. As I stated in a prevoius post I plan on making a lottery that works like the mega millions. I do not know of any current bitcoin lotteries that work this way.
@Matthew
I am perfectly fine with not being anonymous. How would you like me to do that. I could go and write a autobiograpghy but what would that prove beside that I can write a biography. I can give you my phone number,my name and even my address.
Mega-millions style would be neat, but you've gotta have the coins to back it up too, and be willing to take a hit if the luck doesn't go your way...!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: