Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:59:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-hungry merchant  (Read 1098 times)
hoki (OP)

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

Say BYE to tobacco taxes and bureaucratized trade.

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 12:13:01 AM

Guys, it's gonna be tough but you gotta believe me!

Satoshi Nakamoto is... well, it's me. I designed Bitcoin as a convenient medium of exchange to sell my ciggies!

I didn't know you would take it this seriously..

http://www.cigs.eu — The Europe's leading discount cigarette shop. Worldwide shipping. Now accepting Bitcoins. Affiliates click here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hoki (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 12:14:18 AM

And now, for real! I am yet again experiencing troubles accepting credit cards (constantly getting my accounts blocked, friendly fraud and what not) and am thus forced to switch merchant accounts like gloves - every 1-2 months. To be honest, this is getting pretty damn tiresome and annoying.. and not worth it! Angry

Please, please, PLEASE show me how to "convert" my customers to Bitcoin without literally annihilating conversion! Sad

We, the "hybrid" merchants, desperately need a tool to help convince our customers to use bitcoins! Of course, not without making the process of buying them 1-2-step simple. Atm, customers lose interest even before logging into their bank accounts, not even mentioning the (SWIFT) wait time!

The impossibility of a credit card accepting Bitcoin vendor has been discussed here.

Also, please don't mention discounts as they don't help sh*t. The only ones who make use of them are already heavy Bitcoin users.

Or am I being utopian?

http://www.cigs.eu — The Europe's leading discount cigarette shop. Worldwide shipping. Now accepting Bitcoins. Affiliates click here.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 12:17:20 AM

PM sent
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 12:31:40 AM

Dude, well, let me put it this way...

I'm one of your affiliates, as you might notice from my signature, also one of your customers, and several of my friends are also your customers, and despite all my friends having bitcoins they pay you with CC because it's CHEAPER!

I always feel I get robbed when I pay you with bitcoins.

Also: where are my aff comissions from last month? lol

If you feel we need to continue this conversation hit me up on one of my emails.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 12:40:09 AM

I'm one of your affiliates, as you might notice from my signature, also one of your customers, and several of my friends are also your customers, and despite all my friends having bitcoins they pay you with CC because it's CHEAPER!

If you feel we need to continue this conversation hit me up on one of my emails.

$24.09 vs 5.89 BTC for a carton of reds... sounds like you're only offering $4.08/BTC.  I would feel robbed too if I paid with BTC over CC.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
hoki (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 12:40:57 AM

$24.09 vs 5.89 BTC for a carton of reds... sounds like you're only offering $4.08/BTC.  I would feel robbed too if I paid with BTC over CC.

I promise I'm going to fix the pricing issue this month - I'm still lagging in updating it manually. Sorry! I will also add a full-time 5% discount for payments made in bitcoins (it's time Smiley).

Regarding the commissions, please e-mail me. Again, everything is done manually and I just don't manage to monitor everything.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 12:47:00 AM

Regarding the commissions, please e-mail me. Again, everything is done manually and I just don't manage to monitor everything.

I've already emailed your support email like 7 hours ago, when I got a comission.
I wouldn't mention this, but after being on your website and seeing that you were online on the live chat and also here and yet you didn't managed to get 1 minute of your time to mail me back a canned response...

Sorry for bringing this up in here. Like I said, you have 2 of my emails, and just looking at my username and signature I'm sure you'll know very well which one of your customers/affiliates I am Wink
hoki (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 12:50:21 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2012, 01:18:28 AM by hoki

Just fixed the price for the moment, commission sent, psy. Sorry again for the delay, I will try to automatize the affiliate payout somehow!

hoki (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 12:54:20 AM

We have deviated from the topic! How do I convert my mass-client to Bitcoin? There must be a "fun&easy" element in it for the average Joe to use it.

Forget about it, I am starting to understand that there is no way around it Sad

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 12:55:56 AM

We have deviated from the topic! How do I convert my mass-client to Bitcoin? There must be a "fun&easy" element in it for the average Joe to use it.

Forget about it, I am starting to understand that there is no way around it Sad

That's the problem, average Joe's don't use bitcoin... yet...

Or you could find a way to sell them the bitcoins they need... Wink and profit from it Smiley
kliffen

Activity: 119

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 11:23:35 AM

I bought a pack of Lucky Strikes the other day. I didn't really check if the BTC value i got was good, but it doesn't matter. A 20-pack costs $12,42 in stores here, so paying 7BTC in total (shipping+cigs) is a bargain anyways Smiley
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 12:59:27 PM

I bought a pack of Lucky Strikes the other day. I didn't really check if the BTC value i got was good, but it doesn't matter. A 20-pack costs $12,42 in stores here, so paying 7BTC in total (shipping+cigs) is a bargain anyways Smiley

Holy crap! And i complaint about a 20-pack costing $5.00  Shocked  lol
kliffen

Activity: 119

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 01:37:47 PM

Holy crap! And i complaint about a 20-pack costing $5.00  Shocked  lol

Norway is the country of taxes. Only thing cheap here is electricity
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: