Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:02:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [EXPIRE] Selling Mt. Gox and Bitcoinica code at 0.25% discount (USD/AUD/SGD/CNY)  (Read 1265 times)
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 02:13:25 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2012, 04:01:52 PM by zhoutong

Notice: This deal is expired.

Disclaimer: This deal is entirely personal. It has nothing to do with Bitcoinica, or any other business.

I'm selling Mt. Gox and Bitcoinica codes at a 0.25% discount. I accept the following payment methods:

- (USD) Wire transfer (I will NOT absorb the fees. However, I pay no incoming fees and no intermediary fees in most cases.)
- (USD) Citibank Global Transfer (This is free if you have a Citibank account, but I haven't done any transfer before. My account should be eligible for this service.)
- (AUD) Local bank transfer (I have an account with NAB.)
- (SGD) Local bank transfer (I have an account with DBS.)
- (CNY) Local bank transfer (I have an account with ICBC.) or Tenpay.

For foreign currencies only:

I will convert the currency at interbank rate (OANDA dealing rates). This should be a very attractive deal!

Examples (at current rates):

If you pay US$10,000, you will get US$10,025.00 in Mt. Gox or Bitcoinica codes.
If you pay A$10,000, you will get US$10,319.09.
If you pay S$10,000, you will get US$7,953.19.
If you pay CN¥50,000, you will get US$7,941.45.

The catch:

I will only accept transactions above US$2,500. It's a waste of time to deal with smaller transactions.

How to deal?

Email me at bitcoin@zhoutong.com and tell me how much you want to transfer. I will then give you the account details.

Why you offer this?

Cashing out from Mt. Gox is slow and expensive (average fee is $40 for me). And I have started building my diversified currency portfolio, since I have lived in three different countries.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 02:24:13 PM

Be careful about trying out new person-to-person payment services offered by the big banks (you are offering to accept Citibank Global Transfer).  I tried accepting QuickPay by Chase for Bitcoin purchases once, and while my counterparties were honest, we were brutally raped (virtually) by Chase in the process.  Just for receiving a Chase QuickPay, we had our business account locked out on two separate occasions for the better part of a day - a business account that is used for payroll for 25+ employees and which normally carries a balance thousands of times larger than the QuickPays we received.  And we are big enough Chase customers that we have a personal dedicated banker whose job it is to cook us hot dogs if we ask him to -  and yet we were still locked out like this.  Imagine being a normal customer who has to call 800-numbers and wait on hold.

Our account was completely locked out and we were told repeatedly that we would not have access to our account until the individuals paying us (on each of the two occasions) visited a Chase branch in their home state and showed their ID - despite the fact we had no other relationship with those individuals and were merely the recipient of the funds.  Even after unlocking our account, Chase permanently reversed numerous QuickPay transactions without recourse - transactions that had never been disputed - and we had to rely on the honesty of the counterparties to re-initiate new transactions.

My guess is if these customers had disputed these transactions or if they were actually fraudulent, we'd have been totally dead in the water.

Beware.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 02:29:14 PM

Be careful about trying out new person-to-person payment services offered by the big banks (you are offering to accept Citibank Global Transfer).  I tried accepting QuickPay by Chase for Bitcoin purchases once, and while my counterparties were honest, we were brutally raped (virtually) by Chase in the process.  Just for receiving a Chase QuickPay, we had our business account locked out on two separate occasions for the better part of a day - a business account that is used for payroll for 25+ employees and which normally carries a balance thousands of times larger than the QuickPays we received.  And we are big enough Chase customers that we have a personal dedicated banker whose job it is to cook us hot dogs if we ask him to -  and yet we were still locked out like this.  Imagine being a normal customer who has to call 800-numbers and wait on hold.

Our account was completely locked out and we were told repeatedly that we would not have access to our account until the individuals paying us (on each of the two occasions) visited a Chase branch in their home state and showed their ID - despite the fact we had no other relationship with those individuals and were merely the recipient of the funds.  Even after unlocking our account, Chase permanently reversed numerous QuickPay transactions without recourse - transactions that had never been disputed - and we had to rely on the honesty of the counterparties to re-initiate new transactions.

My guess is if these customers had disputed these transactions or if they were actually fraudulent, we'd have been totally dead in the water.

Beware.

Thank you for the heads up! It's true that I haven't done such transfers before so I may be unfamiliar with the hidden risks.

I will be careful about this.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2012, 05:27:02 AM

how will ppl know that the bitcoinica codes are real ?

You can get a Mt. Gox code instead. These two types of codes are freely interchangeable on Bitcoinica.

You don't have to use Bitcoinica to accept this deal.

terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 05:28:52 AM

zhoutong will obviously try to scam you for $2,500 here, when he's got (presumably) hundreds of thousands of bitcoins in storage for his clients
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 05:31:29 AM

I lol'ed.
brendio

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 01:12:18 AM

Just completed a smooth transaction with ZT. Thanks!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: