Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:39:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [25-2,500 BTC BOUNTY] Searching for Experienced Designers / Programmers  (Read 1248 times)
R- (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 04:43:11 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2012, 02:36:58 PM by BitAvenue (Robs)

Guys, I am looking for a website designer and a programmer to help build a website for our new trading platform, BitAvenue. Our budget is flexible and depends on the quality of work delivered.

The Idea Behind BitAvenue:
 BitAvenue will be an exchange platform where users can buy and sell Bitcoins with other users. At the time of implementation, there will be four currencies offered to act as mediums of exchange for Bitcoin: USD, Euro, GBP, and Yen.

Our Goals:
We have three primary goals as an exchange:
  • BitAvenue aims to offer an exchange platform that charges its userbase zero fees. You heard me folk, there are no transaction fees.
  • BitAvenue aims to be as transparent as possible. As a non for profit, all operating expenses, total fiat/btc balances within the exchange, and order books will be completely open for all to see. Everyone using BitAvenue has the opportunity to execute on the same exact price as everyone else.
  • BitAvenue aims to protect your privacy. We will NEVER allow ourselves to ask you for identification. Upon being FORCED, (we will resist being pressured) to do so by others, will we inform our userbase, return your funds, and close down.

What differentiates us from the other exchanges like Intersango.com, Mt.Gox.com, (Insert exchange here)?
BitAvenue will be offering a platform with zero fees thus we are allowing users to get the most bang for their buck. Users will be able to get the exact amount of USD or BTC in exchange for their BTC or USD respectively without being charged for the privilege. Other exchanges charge fees as high as 0.65%. If you were to trade buy and sell 5 BTC per week each year (a conservative estimate), you'd be losing almost $20.00 to fees.

What about Operating Expenses?
BitAvenue is being incorporated as a non-profit organization. Apart from the cost of building our website, our main overhead will simply be server costs. BitAvenue aims to increase the simplicity of buying and selling Bitcoins and we believe being openly transparent about everything BitAvenue does is the first step.

What is Our Motivation? How Much Are You Investing?
Our current capital base is $23,000. BitAvenue has been number crunching and we believe it can cover the costs of building the website, our own mining Pool (My favourite part) paying for hosting costs, and doing some moderate advertising. We will also be accepting donations once our site is up and running.
Personally, I have the satisfaction that I have created something useful. To some it sounds cliché, but our goal is to have people look at BitAvenue and develop a positive association towards it as many people do towards non-profit organizations.

Required Features:

• Admin/Moderation of accounts
    > Reply to Tickets
    > Able to answer PM's
  • Buy/Sell Features:
    > Good Til Cancelled
    > Fill Or Kill
    > Instant Or Cancel
    > Short/Long options
  • Userdata base SQL (account creation, your own wallet etc, private inbox)
  • BitAvenue Mining Pool: Coins generated go directly into users wallets. Orders can be created so that as soon as a coin enters your wallet, it is insta-liquidated.
    One-click "acceptance" of an offer in the orderbook.
  • Overorders allowed, ordering more than your balance, order stops once balance limit has been reached.
  • Pending orders allowed. " I might want to leave a permanent "sell 100,000 BTC" on my account, then give out my Mt.Gox deposit address to customers.  Any coins would then automatically convert to fiat whenever they were received"
  • Graphical buy-sell interface.
  • Live editing of posted orders.
  • Deposit options
    > Bitcoin
    > Dwolla
    > LibertyReserve
    > PayPal***
    > Western Union
    > MoneyPak
    > AurumXchange/Redeemable Mt.Gox (need to petition for approval)
    > Redeem Private Key
  • Withdrawal Options:
    > Bitcoin
    > Dwolla
    > LibertyReserve
    > PayPal
    > Western Union
    > MoneyPak
    > Domestic/Inter. Wire
  • Real time currency price (The European Central Bank's daily exchange rate is used) API embedded
  • Real time Bitcoin price API embedded
    > Last trade price
    > High/Lows of other exchanges
  • Livechat Support
    > FAQ
  • HTTP API
    > Streaming websocket API (other merchants or sites can use our data

More to Come...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 04:48:53 PM

What's your motivation ?

R- (OP)

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 05:33:16 PM

What's your motivation ?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75054.0

Definitely interesting. Could you elaborate on your motivation? It seems you want to do this "just" to bring bitcoin forward? Or any other background?

Our motivation is really to bring more people to Bitcoin. See below:
To some it sounds cliché, but our goal is to have people look at BitAvenue...

nice

Thank you. We think it is nice too.

@ SEAL LINK:

Sorry for doubting you, but I recommend you look into it a lot more seriously. The last thing we need is another exchange set up who will go bust. Read up about chargebacks and the relevant bank accounts required. You will notice that their services for what you want to provide for your clients will not come cheap, or easily. Most of the exchanges that have gone bust, have done so because of chargebacks. This is one of the main reasons for brokers requiring verification.

Thank you for your opinion Seal Link. We have taken the risks into consideration and are only currently accepting ONE payment method which is reversible (easily). However, we have sidestepped that issue already using a series of dummy PayPal accounts. PayPal might not like it, but we are not breaking their T/S and if PayPal is to point the finger at anyone, it should be the fraudsters, not BitAvenue.
As for verification, we are willing to take that risk and possible pay for it too if it means our userbase can remain anonymous, the way Satoshi designed Bitcoin to be. Also, we are accepting PayPal because we KNOW it will expand the userbase of Bitcoin.

Also, if you do get short-changed. Who will pay the price if you do not collect any fees? What if your BTC float (or worse, your offline wallet) is compromised, who will pay the price for that? Most of us who have thought about setting up our own exchange have weighed the pro's and con's. Even with a 0.65% charge on each trade, the profit you will get on a moderate trade volume will not justify the effort required and the costs incurred.
In the event that someone takes advantage of the service we are offering and 'rips us off' so to speak, I will be the one footing the bill. We are not after profits on this venture. Our model is based on the belief that anyone should be able to buy and sell Bitcoins easily WITHOUT having to pay for the privilege to do so. Do banks charge us to use Visa? No.

A few questions:
How much are you investing into this project?
Whats in it for you, personally?
Our current capital base is $23,000. BitAvenue has been number crunching and we believe it can cover the costs of building the website, our own mining Pool (My favourite part) paying for hosting costs, and doing some moderate advertising. We will also be accepting donations once our site is up and running.
Personally, I have the satisfaction that I have created something useful. To some it sounds cliché, but our goal is to have people look at BitAvenue and develop a positive association towards it as many people do towards non-profit organizations. We aim to expand the userbase of Bitcoin. Mt. Gox and Intersango are not ideal in terms of 'user-friendliness'.
1) They charge fees
2) They are not completely transparent
3) They require verification of identity for certain transactions

And a pointer: Intersango's code is open source, it contains a very powerful and capable trading engine which supports multiple currencys. If you are serious about this then you should consider using it.
We have been taking a look at that. I have also been in contact with BitInstant's founders and their dev team MIGHT take a look at writing our website.

(on a side note, you have a typo: you put down GBD as a supported currency)

Thanks you.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 07:28:36 PM

Our motivation is really to bring more people to Bitcoin. See below:
To some it sounds cliché, but our goal is to have people look at BitAvenue...
It does sound cliché, especially if you're putting 25kUSD cash into getting it setup, and saying it's not-for-profit Smiley

Sorry for doubting you, but I recommend you look into it a lot more seriously. The last thing we need is another exchange set up who will go bust. Read up about chargebacks and the relevant bank accounts required. You will notice that their services for what you want to provide for your clients will not come cheap, or easily. Most of the exchanges that have gone bust, have done so because of chargebacks. This is one of the main reasons for brokers requiring verification.
+1

Thank you for your opinion Seal Link. We have taken the risks into consideration and are only currently accepting ONE payment method which is reversible (easily). However, we have sidestepped that issue already using a series of dummy PayPal accounts. PayPal might not like it, but we are not breaking their T/S and if PayPal is to point the finger at anyone, it should be the fraudsters, not BitAvenue.
Maybe that's taken out of context, but said like this it doesn't make any sense at all to me.

we are accepting PayPal
... is pretty much all I hear from what you're saying

Do banks charge us to use Visa? No.
This just gets better and better.

Our current capital base is $23,000. BitAvenue has been number crunching and we believe it can cover the costs of building the website, our own mining Pool (My favourite part) paying for hosting costs, and doing some moderate advertising.
You do not seem to be aware of what things really cost...

R- (OP)

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 09:27:03 PM

@Davout: I find it interesting you posted some stinging remarks without offering a solution. Not quite sure what prompted this.

It does sound cliché, especially if you're putting 25kUSD cash into getting it setup, and saying it's not-for-profit Smiley

It is not for profit. Are you posing a question or are you simply stating something irrelevant?

+1

Again, this does not help me figure out anything.

Maybe that's taken out of context, but said like this it doesn't make any sense at all to me.
We can accept PayPal risk free.

... is pretty much all I hear from what you're saying
It is.

I don't? My ledger appears to be pretty accurate. Why don't you propose how much you think it will cost then instead of offering your opinion with zero supporting evidence. This isn't to say you are wrong, but it would be appreciated if you could expand on your statement.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 09:32:01 PM

Just for some context, Davout runs bitcoin-central, so he probably has some valid advice here.  I've not found him terribly helpful though when I had issues using it.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 11:04:53 PM

@Davout: I find it interesting you posted some stinging remarks without offering a solution. Not quite sure what prompted this.
I don't mean to sting, I'm just stating things as I see them, and as I experienced for some of them.

It is not for profit. Are you posing a question or are you simply stating something irrelevant?
I'm just saying that I have a hard time believing that your primary motivation is what you advertise given what you're willing to shell out. But that's only a reflection of my own state of mind I guess. I'm not in your head so I can't know what drives you.

+1
Again, this does not help me figure out anything.
It's ok, you seem to have it all figured out anyway Smiley

We can accept PayPal risk free.
I don't understand how you'd do that.
But if you're actually able to, you're probably going to be very successful.

I don't? My ledger appears to be pretty accurate. Why don't you propose how much you think it will cost then instead of offering your opinion with zero supporting evidence. This isn't to say you are wrong, but it would be appreciated if you could expand on your statement.
I have no desire to convince you or force my opinion upon you. I can share my own experience though : it's very costly (in terms of time, money and stress), but also very rewarding.

I've not found him terribly helpful though when I had issues using it.
I'm sorry to hear that, don't hesitate to drop me a line if I can make it right or just let me know what could have been done better.

Cheers!

Andrey

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 05:51:15 AM

Hello,

This is an exchange bitcoin badly needs I think. Current fee on mtgox is adding to bitcoin exchange rate instability, as traders who could stabilize the market a bit are forced to trade with high margins thus need the bitcoin to fluctuate a lot to be profitable.

I am PHP coder and have designer and HTML author in my team. Although I am very busy usually, so am not sure I can offer you competitive pricing as you already have a lot of coders to pick from.

I would be very interested in adding some of the Russian payment systems to the exchange. So if you consider adding Webmoney, Liqpay (can be used for USD) or even Qiwi or Yandex.money (RUR only) I will gladly help as I have experience with those.

Aggro
Donator

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 05:19:45 AM

Guys, I am looking for a website designer and a programmer to help build a website for our new trading platform, BitAvenue. Our budget is flexible and depends on the quality of work delivered.

The Idea Behind BitAvenue:
 BitAvenue will be an exchange platform where users can buy and sell Bitcoins with other users. At the time of implementation, there will be four currencies offered to act as mediums of exchange for Bitcoin: USD, Euro, GBP, and Yen.

Our Goals:
We have three primary goals as an exchange:
  • BitAvenue aims to offer an exchange platform that charges its userbase zero fees. You heard me folk, there are no transaction fees.
  • BitAvenue aims to be as transparent as possible. As a non for profit, all operating expenses, total fiat/btc balances within the exchange, and order books will be completely open for all to see. Everyone using BitAvenue has the opportunity to execute on the same exact price as everyone else.
  • BitAvenue aims to protect your privacy. We will NEVER allow ourselves to ask you for identification. Upon being FORCED, (we will resist being pressured) to do so by others, will we inform our userbase, return your funds, and close down.

What differentiates us from the other exchanges like Intersango.com, Mt.Gox.com, (Insert exchange here)?
BitAvenue will be offering a platform with zero fees thus we are allowing users to get the most bang for their buck. Users will be able to get the exact amount of USD or BTC in exchange for their BTC or USD respectively without being charged for the privilege. Other exchanges charge fees as high as 0.65%. If you were to trade buy and sell 5 BTC per week each year (a conservative estimate), you'd be losing almost $20.00 to fees.

What about Operating Expenses?
BitAvenue is being incorporated as a non-profit organization. Apart from the cost of building our website, our main overhead will simply be server costs. BitAvenue aims to increase the simplicity of buying and selling Bitcoins and we believe being openly transparent about everything BitAvenue does is the first step.

What is Our Motivation? How Much Are You Investing?
Personally, I have the satisfaction that I have created something useful. To some it sounds cliché, but our goal is to have people look at BitAvenue and develop a positive association towards it as many people do towards non-profit organizations.

Required Features:

• Admin/Moderation of accounts
    > Reply to Tickets
    > Able to answer PM's
  • Buy/Sell Features:
    > Good Til Cancelled
    > Fill Or Kill
    > Instant Or Cancel
    > Short/Long options
  • Userdata base SQL (account creation, your own wallet etc, private inbox)
  • BitAvenue Mining Pool: Coins generated go directly into users wallets. Orders can be created so that as soon as a coin enters your wallet, it is insta-liquidated.
    One-click "acceptance" of an offer in the orderbook.
  • Overorders allowed, ordering more than your balance, order stops once balance limit has been reached.
  • Pending orders allowed. " I might want to leave a permanent "sell 100,000 BTC" on my account, then give out my Mt.Gox deposit address to customers.  Any coins would then automatically convert to fiat whenever they were received"
  • Graphical buy-sell interface.
  • Live editing of posted orders.
  • Deposit options
    > Bitcoin
    > Dwolla
    > LibertyReserve
    > PayPal***
    > Western Union
    > MoneyPak
    > AurumXchange/Redeemable Mt.Gox (need to petition for approval)
    > Redeem Private Key
  • Withdrawal Options:
    > Bitcoin
    > Dwolla
    > LibertyReserve
    > PayPal
    > Western Union
    > MoneyPak
    > Domestic/Inter. Wire
  • Real time currency price (The European Central Bank's daily exchange rate is used) API embedded
  • Real time Bitcoin price API embedded
    > Last trade price
    > High/Lows of other exchanges
  • Livechat Support
    > FAQ
  • HTTP API
    > Streaming websocket API (other merchants or sites can use our data

More to Come...

Hi there!

We will be happy to work with you Smiley
BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 03:39:25 PM

Hi there!

We will be happy to work with you Smiley

Did you really have to quote the whole post?  Tongue

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
Kris
Donator

Activity: 640

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 10:20:35 AM

Hi Robert,

This job still up for grabs?, if yes, then I'm probably your man.

My signature has a few of my Bitcoin portfolio pieces.

You can see the rest at https://www.odesk.com/users/~~8c6d37e616e8f242

If you are interested, I am able to work full-time from d. 11 May - 2012
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: