Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:45:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Less stringent communications/time restrictions, please  (Read 3025 times)
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 05:31:21 PM

I run into the "you cannot post more than once per 20 seconds" restriction fairly frequently (it counts both PMs and posts), and have also been running into the "you cannot send more than 10 PMs per hour" restriction occasionally.

Could we please have those restrictions lessened? I think having the time-between-posts restriction reduced to 10s, and the time-between-PMs restriction reduced to 30m would be very helpful in allowing me timely communications with forum members. Alternately, maybe it could be a donator-only or VIP-only perk? (obviously, I'd prefer donator-only so I don't have more incentive to spend another 40BTC  Tongue)

Cheers!
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 06:21:20 PM

I run into the "you cannot post more than once per 20 seconds" restriction fairly frequently (it counts both PMs and posts), and have also been running into the "you cannot send more than 10 PMs per hour" restriction occasionally.

Could we please have those restrictions lessened? I think having the time-between-posts restriction reduced to 10s, and the time-between-PMs restriction reduced to 30m would be very helpful in allowing me timely communications with forum members. Alternately, maybe it could be a donator-only or VIP-only perk? (obviously, I'd prefer donator-only so I don't have more incentive to spend another 40BTC  Tongue)

Cheers!
Even the mods and admins are subject to the 10 PMs per hour limit, it's ingrained into the software of the forum.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5236
Merit: 13089

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 09:23:25 PM

Is your communication so urgent that you can't wait 20 seconds? I don't see any need to reduce this. It should probably be increased, actually.

The software doesn't support having different restrictions for different membergroups (and it seems difficult to add support for this in the code), or I would lessen the hourly restrictions for most users. I don't want newbies to be able to send too many PMs, though.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 09:24:47 PM

Is your communication so urgent that you can't wait 20 seconds? I don't see any need to reduce this. It should probably be increased, actually.

The software doesn't support having different restrictions for different membergroups (and it seems difficult to add support for this in the code), or I would lessen the hourly restrictions for most users. I don't want newbies to be able to send too many PMs, though.
The only thing with this is, it deletes your post content if you run into the 20 sec error page. Not sure how easy that would be to fix.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5236
Merit: 13089

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 09:26:58 PM

The only thing with this is, it deletes your post content if you run into the 20 sec error page. Not sure how easy that would be to fix.

That does suck. I won't increase the limit, then.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 11:41:34 PM

20s between posts is a bit annoying, not serious, though. Having to wait an hour to send PMs is a little more serious, especially if there's a backlog.

Not an extremely urgent request. Seems to be a lot of work, so no worries. Will wait until someone fulfills the request for new forum software.

Cheers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: