Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:44:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MANGOCOINZ OTC THREAD - trade Mangocoinz!!  (Read 32030 times)
rhkazani1

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:06:37 PM

Hey HunterS,

Good question.
Basically how MangoCoinz works is by translating your movement energy into coinz.
But you get a proportional amount of coinz depending on the difficulty that is in the system.
The amount you get is proportional to the effort you give. Cheesy
For now there are no bonuses for a certain amount of coinz.

Hope this answered your question, and feel free to aks again.

Best regards, Srele from MangoCoinz.

Isn't there a certain limit for coins to be mined each day?
SreleFromMangoCoinz

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

CTO at MangoCoinz

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 04:43:39 PM

Yes rhkazani1, you're right. There is a sync limit.
And it's now at 10 MCZ/day.

Please check out this article and interview on MangoCoinz:
http://coin-network.com/mangocoinz-interview-mining-crypto-on-your-mobile/
It explaines some things.
We will be having this and more info on our website when it's redesigned. And most probably it will be done in the next week or so.

If you have any questions about things what we have said in the interview, please ask and we will answer.

MangoCoinz, mobile cryptocurrecy mining is here. Available for Android now and soon on the iPhone!
throwingbones1

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 06:31:02 PM

850 mangocoinz 4 sale, any offers BTC BTC BTC

Without The Hyena The Lion Cannot Be King Of The Jungle
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 09:32:10 PM

Hey HunterS,

Good question.
Basically how MangoCoinz works is by translating your movement energy into coinz.
But you get a proportional amount of coinz depending on the difficulty that is in the system.

So is there a difficulty factor implemented into the system now? This is new.

SreleFromMangoCoinz

CTO at MangoCoinz

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 09:53:34 PM

Hey Taxidermista,

The difficulty system isn't new. We've thought about it since the beginning.
Because as MangoCoinz gains more miners we need to make a balance so that the coinz don't cape out too fast.
With a lot of users mining at the mining difficulty that we have now the 16745027.00 MCZ finite limit would be achieved in a short amount of time.

So as time passes there will be a difficulty increase and a proportional limit decrease.
The sync limit will be lowered to a tested number so that with normal use it would be enough for a good day of mining.
I personally rarely even get to the 10 MCZ/day limit.

As I said we will be putting all of this info and more on our website which will hopefully be redesigned by next week.

And of course if you have more questions please ask them. Cheesy

MangoCoinz, mobile cryptocurrecy mining is here. Available for Android now and soon on the iPhone!
b-trading

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 02:49:47 AM

Hey b-trading,

Open source basically means that the source code of an application is open for everyone to see.
Open source programs are also free and usually come with a license that allows you to make your own app with that code and then you can even sell it.
Open source is also cool because it allows other people to contribute to the project and to improve it.

MangoCoinz is not open source.
Which means that you can't see the code for MangoCoinz.

Hope this shed some light on your question.

thank's for your answer Mr. Srele i really appreciate, but i have one more question, is mangocoinz use P2P technology ?
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 09:57:05 AM

Hey b-trading,

Open source basically means that the source code of an application is open for everyone to see.
Open source programs are also free and usually come with a license that allows you to make your own app with that code and then you can even sell it.
Open source is also cool because it allows other people to contribute to the project and to improve it.

MangoCoinz is not open source.
Which means that you can't see the code for MangoCoinz.

Hope this shed some light on your question.

thank's for your answer Mr. Srele i really appreciate, but i have one more question, is mangocoinz use P2P technology ?
Very good question.

To peel or not to peel.
SreleFromMangoCoinz

CTO at MangoCoinz

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 03:29:00 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2014, 06:22:15 PM by SreleFromMangoCoinz

Hey b-trading and gravitate,

It’s a great question. Cheesy
Short answer:
MangoCoinz (at least for now) doesn’t use P2P technology.
Well, it’s running like a P2P in theory, but just on our machines. That’s why it’s centralized.
Long answer:
The reason why MangoCoinz isn't P2P is because of the nature of the app.
Because MangoCoinz is a way of mining crypto currencies on your smartphone there are certain trade-offs.

Nothing’s perfect, and in the tech world to achieve something you need to trade some features to achieve what you want.
I can give you a “scary" example of that trade-off.
Do you know how when you turn your WiFi antenna at home you automatically connect to your network? Well, that’s because you connected to that router before, and you saved it on your phone. And every time you turn your WiFi antenna on, your phone will first look for that router. And here is the “scary” part, let’s say you are in a cafe and your WiFi antenna is on and not connected to any networks. Your phone (which is maybe in your pocket) will be searching (probing) for your home router, but it won’t be able to find it because it’s not in range. But what’s this, a hacked is scanning the air for signals (probes) and intercepts your phone’s probe that is looking for your home router. And with that probe he will have some info on the network you are trying to connect to, and will spoof the info so that your phone will connect to his network, and then snoop on what you are doing or something even worse. Your phone won’t know the difference.
The way to avoid this is to keep your WiFi antenna off unless you’re using it. And plus it will save you on battery life. Cheesy
The moral of the story was that you trade something (in the case of WiFi security) for convenience (connecting to your home router when you turn the WiFi antenna on when you’re at home).

MangoCoinz trades P2P (at least for now) for convenience and ease of use for everybody.

At the beginning of MangoCoinz we wanted a P2P network, but then we’ve realized that if you have the blockchain and everything is on the phones then you will eat up you data plan and storage. And we want MangoCoinz to be widely used, so you can’t say to people keep a few GBs on you phone free (most average phones have about 4-8 GB of storage and a bit chunk of that is used by bloatware, not talking about flagships but even they have a limited amount of storage depending on the manufacturer) for the app to function and get your data plan sucked so that you can’t even send an email.
And of course there is SPV (Simple Payment Verification) technology developed by BitCoin that allows you to have a header file on your phone and access the network with that (the file is less then a MB). But the problem with that is that people then need to have a client installed on their computer that will keep the blockchain and an app on their phone to mine. So they need to install double the software just so it’s fair to everybody, because SPV is susceptible to the “51%” attack. The attack is basically that as the blockchain is evolving and there is a main branch (graph theory) there could be someone with 51% of computer clients in the system that alters the blockchain for their gain (like adding an enormous amount of coinz to their waller) and then because they are in the majority, all the other nodes in the system will conform and will fork so that now the main branch is the altered blockchain. Because you can’t count on people to install the computer client, overpowering the system would’t be that big of a problem.

Technically we could have made MangoCoinz a P2P app, but we then looked at the practical aspect.
But the trade-off of MangoCoinz can be recouped with trading MangoCoinz for a decentralized crypto like BitCoin.
MangoCoinz was built from the ground up for mining on smartphones (Android for now).

We want to make crypto currencies accessible to everone.

Hope this answered you question. And if I was wrong somewhere please correct me. Cheesy

DailyModo

Activity: 812

www.gamebet.gg

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 09:48:59 PM

Here's a small interview with the team: http://coin-network.com/mangocoinz-interview-mining-crypto-on-your-mobile/

Betting on esports with crypto's and steam items has never been easier.
CONTACT
dailymodo@gamebet.gg @GamebetGg
zyronx
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 01:14:55 AM

I have a problem with the app on my phone. I have a kyocera event, I try to signup and when I press the button the app crashes.

I also put it on my Moms phone, so she could mine. and she never got a confirmation email. its not in her spam folder either.
and no way to get it resent. 

Cool app, yet still some bugs. can't wait till they get smashed. 
SreleFromMangoCoinz

CTO at MangoCoinz

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 12:06:52 PM

Hey zyronx,

Could you please try again and see if the app crashes again when signing up?

O.K, could you please send us her MangoCoinz username so that we can activate her account?
Oh, and if you are still having trouble signing up with your phone please tell us via email and we will fix it.
Please send us an email to: mangocoinz@gmail.com

The app is still in beta, so there are some kinks to iron out. But we are working on fixing everything Cheesy

devrilz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 04:09:02 PM

yesterday i mine 12 coin... now i check only 9 coin.. where the coin go??
SreleFromMangoCoinz

CTO at MangoCoinz

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 04:40:03 PM

Hey devrilz,

Could you please tell us you MangoCoinz username so that I can see what happened?
If you don't want to disclose your username here, you can send an email to: mangocoinz@gmail.com

zyronx
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 05:31:16 PM

Hey zyronx,

Could you please try again and see if the app crashes again when signing up?

O.K, could you please send us her MangoCoinz username so that we can activate her account?
Oh, and if you are still having trouble signing up with your phone please tell us via email and we will fix it.
Please send us an email to: mangocoinz@gmail.com

The app is still in beta, so there are some kinks to iron out. But we are working on fixing everything Cheesy

Thanks. i sent a email.

It's still crashes when I try to sign up.

virtfund (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 06:56:13 PM

The OP has been updated. All of the orders should be right as far I know  Grin
zyronx
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:08:00 PM

Thanks to the MangoCoinz team. I got my app working finally. Even my Mom is mining on her phone.
Good Work! Smiley

kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:40:28 AM

is there a link for windows phones ?
HunterS

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:56:39 AM

Hey HunterS,

Good question.
The amount you get is proportional to the effort you give. Cheesy
For now there are no bonuses for a certain amount of coinz.

Hope this answered your question, and feel free to aks again.

Cheers for the reply mate.I have 38 coins so far Wink

Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:24:55 PM

is there a link for windows phones ?

I think it's android only at this moment.

b-trading

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 01:32:13 PM

still waiting for the exchange Cry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: