Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:25:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrypt Algorithms ?????  (Read 917 times)
Plumpkatt1 (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:25:47 PM

Hello, I just bought 6 Fury's from Gaw Miners as well as a Zen Controller and a couple of Hashlets. I am wondering a few things. I have 5 Fury's connected up to a Zen Controller and another connected to a PC using Bfgminer. I am using Westhash as my pool for the Fury's and am Using Zen Pool for the Hashlet's. I am obviously mining using Scrypt. I am curious, is it possible to use any of this equipment to mine using Scrypt N, Scrypt A.-Nf, X11, X13? If so could u lead me to a tutorial as to how I may do this? Is it just a matter of choosing the url the Pool specifies to use or do I have to use specialized equipment specifically for those Algorithms? I am new to this mining stuff but have jumped in full force as much as my budget will allow. I am also mining Sha256 using 2 Antminer S1's and 2 Antminer S3's. I also have 2 Gridseed G-Blades on their way to me. As I earn some BTC's I intend on purchasing some more equipment(newer and faster, more efficient). Been doing ALOT of reading but my mind is turning to mush trying to take this all in while understanding it.

Thanx for any assistance you can offer.

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
efreeti

Activity: 350
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:07:45 PM

Scrypt ASIC is only designed to mine scrypt coin.

The way hashlet set itself up for customer. They do not even need to have a real miner mining to do daily payment.

They can simply use your money to pay you back daily and keep the remaining for their own profit as you can't possibly make profit with Scrypt Asic.
Plumpkatt1 (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:18:12 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 11:39:11 PM by Plumpkatt1

Scrypt ASIC is only designed to mine scrypt coin.

The way hashlet set itself up for customer. They do not even need to have a real miner mining to do daily payment.

They can simply use your money to pay you back daily and keep the remaining for their own profit as you can't possibly make profit with Scrypt Asic.

Could you show me some examples of what equipment can mine Scrypt A.-Nf ,X11, X13, x15 , Keccak, and Nist 5?

I also have 2 XFX ATI 7950 video cards that are crossfire capable. I could put em in one of my systems. Either Core 2 Duo or I5.

I had/have an XFX Ati 7970 video card but a power outtage/surge happened and now it wont work. Thought about about contacting XFX support about it but I dont think it's under warranty and I nolonger have the paperwork(reciepts) for it even if it were. Bummer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: