Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:06:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GAWMiner Hashlet Prime and Hashlet Solo announced  (Read 3623 times)
Professor James Moriarty (OP)
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:24:37 AM

Hey Everyone,

You have all been waiting for today’s announcement. I have to admit, it can be fun watching everyone guess what these will bring.

Today we launch a new line of budget-friendly Hashlets and unveil our latest initiative to strengthen our HashTalk community!

But first, there’s some important news I want to share with Hashlet owners.

Let me start by saying that Hashlet has been an enormous success. We’ve sold more Hashlets in less time than we ever predicted.

Within one week, Hashlet became the most popular miner in the world!

Since we’ve sold (far!) more in the opening two weeks than we ever expected to, we’ve decided to officially discontinue the original Hashlet.

Don’t worry, all existing owners will still keep your Hashlets (more on you in a sec), it’s just that we can’t continue to sustainably offer Hashlet as we were. You can only build data centers so fast...

Replacing the original hashlet is the Hashlet Prime. Primes are just like the original Hashlet, except for one important difference. They will automatically gain all the features of all future Hashlet models we release, forever.

See. we have major plans in store for Hashlet. I can’t overstate it.

The enormous success of the launch has given us an unbelieveable amount of scale, which of course we’re utilizing to make Hashlet even better. We’ll be offering new models, new features, and… there might even be plans for new algorithms, custom pools, even renting wink

We’ve only scratched the surface. And since we’ve been so successful so quickly, these new features are going to come faster than ever!

And so any time a new, advanced Hashlet model comes out, Prime Hashlets will automatically gain its features, first.

See, Prime Hashlets will always be the most valuable Hashlets. They will do everything all other Hashlet do, and more. Think of them as Queens on a chess board (ignoring knights, duh). That’s what I’m talking about.

Simply put, there will be no Hashlet better than a Hashlet Prime.

So what does that mean for you current Hashlet owners. Well, I’m proud to announce that...

All Existing Hashlets will be upgraded to Hashlet Prime!

You all deserve it!

Listen to me very carefully. I know what a chance you took to be the first in line to buy Hashlets. Yes, Hashlets are the best miners in the world. You know that now, but you didn’t know it then. You took a chance and you still believed.

That means more to me than you know. You guys truly are the reason we exist.

So there is no question in my mind at all. I want to grandfather you all into our future plans for Hashlet and I want to blow your mind away with what we’re going to offer.

So stay tuned!

And now onto the new lineup of cost-conscious Hashlets...

Introducing The Hashlet Solo!

Hashlet Solos are “pool specific” Hashlets. Their payouts are tied strictly the pool they are designed for. They’re the perfect miner for people who want to “set it and forget it” since you won’t have to worry about changing pools. And of course, since it’s a Hashlet, there are zero pool fees, forever.

And since Hashlet Solos are so much less expensive than Hashlet Primes, they have roughly the same ROI period.

But this is where things really get interesting. Hashlet Solos are also built specifically for those of you with a competitive streak.

Want to change pools? No problem. Very soon we’ll make an announcement after we release a major new feature in ZenCloud. Trading between Hashlet owners!

The miner marketplace in ZenMiner. What this means for Hashlet Solo owners is you have even more opportunity for earnings. Now you’ll be able to make make trades between Hashlet Solo models based on pool performance fluctuations over time. So, if trading for pools as they go up and trading against them out as they go down is your cup of tea, then Hashlet Solo is great for you. It’s also for you high-risk rollers.

Hashlet Solos will start at $16.95

In addition to Hashlet Solo, I would like to touch on our latest community strengthening initiative:

We will be switching HashTalk to a New Forum Platform.

You asked to move away from Discourse, now it’s happening.

Tomorrow (sunday) we’re launching the brand-new Hashtalk. We’re excited since the new platform will let us add new features to make this the strongest community it can be.

Look for features like:
- Signatures
- Reputation Management
- Private live chat
- Ability to “upvote” posts

But more importantly, look for the ability to…

Earn free Hashlets by helping the community!

I want to start out by saying how excited I’ve been for this. I’ve wanted this feature for a very long time.

Some of you may remember way back when I asked a question on bitcointalk:

“What makes a miner skilled?”

I got all kinds of answers as responses poured in, but there’s one answer that I’ll never forget to the day I die.

“The most skilled miners help the community.”

That got me really thinking. And you know what, I feel like the most helpful people in this community are rarely rewarded. And even worse, they’re often not even noticed half the time. It’s such a shame.

So let’s change that!

I am proud to say that we will be integrating Hashpoints into HashTalk!

You’ll now be able to collect HashPoints by earning upvotes from your fellow miners, answering questions, and overall strengthening this community.

You heard that right, from this day forward, you don’t have to spend money to mine! By being a helpful resource to miners you can pay for your new equipment and even cover your maintenance fees!

What’s the ROI on a free miner?

This excites me so much because community and cooperation is what this whole industry should be about. Helping out one another to so we can build something bigger than we could ourselves! That was the dream I had when I started HashTalk. And I feel this is the next giant leap forward towards that goal..

So if you’re running a little low on cash, don’t sweat it. Just offer a helping hand and spread your knowledge here. Now when you make a difference in this community, you’ll be rewarded for it like you should be.

One helpful post can earn you an entire Hashlet!

Here is the next step
When our dev team goes live with the new platform, you’ll be invited to create a new password and reactivate your account within the new Hashtalk forum system. Once you do that, you should have access to all your old threads, posts, etc.

Please just be patient during this time as this is a colossal undertaking we’re doing, porting over to an entirely new database and adding a host of custom features on top of it.

Thank you for understanding.

Also, real quick, I want to touch on a few ZenCloud enhancements!

We’ve made purchasing even easier buy adding all Hashlets to the top of the miners page!
We added a champions page! So you can now see the “big dogs”
There will now be a pop up page when we make an update showing the changes
We changed Payout round to approximate figure
Fixes
- Intermittent issues where balances were not reflecting the correct amount

Thanks again for your support. Onward, as we change history!

Josh- CEO

Taken from ; https://hashtalk.org/t/new-members-of-the-hashlet-family-and-free-mining/10020
ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:50:33 PM

Yeah this is really neat....

except I've been waiting on Gaw since Monday to deliver the codes for the Hashlets I bought before they were Prime or Solo or Diet or Jalapeno or whatever.

I know the proper route is to utilize Gaw's customer service, and I've done that through support tickets and email.

EDIT: Phone calls too

And it's disconcerting to learn the product you bought and never received has been completely replaced, with no word from Gaw. Not sure it says great things about a company that completely revamps and reprices a launched product within 10 days and ignores issues with their "instantly activated" product.

But hey, clearly their marketing department works.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
Professor James Moriarty (OP)
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:13:16 PM

For further info ,

These are the new hashlets ;

https://i.imgur.com/dJnu5F6.png

And these are around how much ROI you can expect ( roi actually means return on investment and even if you don't make your money back its still roi , many people mean BREAK EVEN when they say roi Cheesy )

https://i.imgur.com/FRAFEuG.png
unibean

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:19:26 AM

I just love hashlet as a product and idea
It's noticeably how passionate you are making this a corner stone in the future of cryptocurrency ecosystem.
I've already missed the hashlet prime auto upgrade and that makes me even more keen to meet the new colored hashlet and ZenMiner new features
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:42:15 AM

Damn, this makes me want to buy hashlets now!
Im glad to see the custom pool feature coming in Smiley! I really hope it can be any pool and coin, as long as it is the same algo!
Billyboy402

Activity: 599

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:10:25 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 12:34:47 PM by Billyboy402

i don't understand why some one would now pay double the price to have Prime VS solo just so you can change pool.

looking at pool picker nicehash and other pool all pretty much offer the same earning give or take 2%

why dont you just offer 1 thing BTC/Mhs like CEX.io and that is . maybe charge a small fee and a min of 100mhs per pool change

$39.95 VS $16.95

you have to be a compete sucker  to pay $23 more ( that is 230% more )

SOLO  0.03296 BTC ($17) and earning today rate at 0.0004 = 82 day ROI
Prime  0.08315 BTC ($39) and earning today rate at 0.0004 = 207 day ROI

please let me know if i am missing some thing

THIS ACCOUNT WAS HACK > SORRY FOR ANY ONE THAT HAS DEALT WITH THIS ACCOUNT.
Billyboy402

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:28:50 PM

Witty

Balanced
Activates Instantly
Earns bitcoins 24/7
Guaranteed payouts according to CleverMining
1 MH/s $17.95

Cautious
Diversified
Activates Instantly
Earns bitcoins 24/7
Guaranteed payouts according to MultiPool
1 MH/s $16.95

Ambitious
Most Popular
Activates Instantly
Earns bitcoins 24/7
Guaranteed payouts according to
ZenPool
1 MH/s $21.95

Flirty
Likes to Wager
Activates Instantly
Earns bitcoins 24/7
Guaranteed payouts according to NiceHash
1 MH/s $19.95

Risk-Taker
Risk & reward
Activates Instantly
Earns bitcoins 24/7
Guaranteed payouts according to WafflePool
1 MH/s $18.95

for the life of me , i dont understand how the same hardware but set to a different pool cost different
MultiPool hash rate are $17  BUT  $20 at Nicehash and $22 ZenPool ( I guess this cover pool fees)

all your doing is changing 1 miner to a different pool adress and selling the dividing the earning from the pool the total MHS 

dekodoge

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:20:47 PM

Witty

Balanced
Activates Instantly
Earns bitcoins 24/7
Guaranteed payouts according to CleverMining
1 MH/s $17.95

Cautious
Diversified
Activates Instantly
Earns bitcoins 24/7
Guaranteed payouts according to MultiPool
1 MH/s $16.95

Ambitious
Most Popular
Activates Instantly
Earns bitcoins 24/7
Guaranteed payouts according to
ZenPool
1 MH/s $21.95

Flirty
Likes to Wager
Activates Instantly
Earns bitcoins 24/7
Guaranteed payouts according to NiceHash
1 MH/s $19.95

Risk-Taker
Risk & reward
Activates Instantly
Earns bitcoins 24/7
Guaranteed payouts according to WafflePool
1 MH/s $18.95

for the life of me , i dont understand how the same hardware but set to a different pool cost different
MultiPool hash rate are $17  BUT  $20 at Nicehash and $22 ZenPool ( I guess this cover pool fees)

all your doing is changing 1 miner to a different pool adress and selling the dividing the earning from the pool the total MHS 

because they can.
ThePhwner

Activity: 616

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:57:32 PM

Yeah this is really neat....

except I've been waiting on Gaw since Monday to deliver the codes for the Hashlets I bought before they were Prime or Solo or Diet or Jalapeno or whatever.

I know the proper route is to utilize Gaw's customer service, and I've done that through support tickets and email.

EDIT: Phone calls too

And it's disconcerting to learn the product you bought and never received has been completely replaced, with no word from Gaw. Not sure it says great things about a company that completely revamps and reprices a launched product within 10 days and ignores issues with their "instantly activated" product.

But hey, clearly their marketing department works.

Eric and Amber finally followed up and made good on this. I was comped, but still the communication could have been better. Just wanted to close this loop.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:12:43 PM

The different prices could mean a number of things. A dollar more could be nothing and just be based on today's payouts (so it might change if another one pays out more in a 24 hr avg). Also I wonder if all the hashlet miners are mining at these pools or if they mine them all at one pool but just payout based on the avg at each pool. This would essentially allow GAW to pocket the extra payout (difference between zen and waffle for example)
Billyboy402

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:46:39 AM

The different prices could mean a number of things. A dollar more could be nothing and just be based on today's payouts (so it might change if another one pays out more in a 24 hr avg). Also I wonder if all the hashlet miners are mining at these pools or if they mine them all at one pool but just payout based on the avg at each pool. This would essentially allow GAW to pocket the extra payout (difference between zen and waffle for example)

the Different in payout mean nothing to the price

If they have 5x 100mhs  machine . they can sell each 1mhs ( total for 100 hastlest). and just point 1 machine to each pool.

there is no extra hardware or programming for each pool.
I personally thing is a scam to get more money as some one may pick one pool over the other because the day earning are higher.

Billyboy402

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:46:04 AM

I personally thing is a scam to get more money as some one may pick one pool over the other because the day earning are higher.
Please explain how picking one pool over the other is a scam.

stop been a FUDDER , and read it , i said they are scaming more money from picking 1 pool to another pool but charging more money
the hardware is the same cost and putting it on one pool vs another shouldn't cost any different

jorgeferpas

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:50:25 AM

Hi there!

My name is Jorge and I am a fan of Bitcoin and altcoins since a few years ago, but recently I have felt interested in the mining world and I would like to make a little (by the moment) investment on it. But before I will do that, I would like to know a bit more, as I yet look at some concepts with a kind of confusion.

For example, if I take a look at http://www.gawminers.com/pages/hashlet and I compare HashletGenesis and HashletPrime, I will see that, in the case of HashletGenesis, 10 GH/s costs $7.95 (and it's yours forever, until you sell it or you give it away, if I have understood it correctly) while, in the case of HashletPrime, 1 MH/s (1024 times less!) costs $49.95.

So here are my questions:

1. Can someone explain why such a price difference between both models?
2. How can $7.95 cover lifetime expenses for a Hashlet? Does it really work that way?
3. I have felt also interested in CEX.IO, but there I have also a doubt. You buy some GH/s. You get profit using them. You sell all GH/s (maybe for a higher price than you bought). How can this make sense? In my mind, it would make sense to buy GH/s hours, as maintaining them carries expenses.

I would appreciate if someone enlightens me. I am open to change my mind (and I would like to) if I find the proper information.

Thanks! Wink
hashie

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:05:40 PM

Hi there!

My name is Jorge and I am a fan of Bitcoin and altcoins since a few years ago, but recently I have felt interested in the mining world and I would like to make a little (by the moment) investment on it. But before I will do that, I would like to know a bit more, as I yet look at some concepts with a kind of confusion.

For example, if I take a look at http://www.gawminers.com/pages/hashlet and I compare HashletGenesis and HashletPrime, I will see that, in the case of HashletGenesis, 10 GH/s costs $7.95 (and it's yours forever, until you sell it or you give it away, if I have understood it correctly) while, in the case of HashletPrime, 1 MH/s (1024 times less!) costs $49.95.

So here are my questions:

1. Can someone explain why such a price difference between both models?
2. How can $7.95 cover lifetime expenses for a Hashlet? Does it really work that way?
3. I have felt also interested in CEX.IO, but there I have also a doubt. You buy some GH/s. You get profit using them. You sell all GH/s (maybe for a higher price than you bought). How can this make sense? In my mind, it would make sense to buy GH/s hours, as maintaining them carries expenses.

I would appreciate if someone enlightens me. I am open to change my mind (and I would like to) if I find the proper information.

Thanks! Wink

Hi Jorge,

First of all, I am a representative from Hashie.co, a cloud mining service. I'd like to answer your questions as they are generic, but keep that in mind as I'm obviously a little bit biased Smiley

1. These are different mining algorithms - the two most popular ones are SHA256 and Scrypt. Bitcoin uses SHA256, while numerous altcoins use Scrypt. Each individual Scrypt hash is much harder to compute than a SHA256 hash, and this explains the wide difference in hashing power. 1 GH of SHA256 is not the same as 1 GH of Scrypt. You'll need to calculate profitability for SHA256 based on the difficulty of the Bitcoin network, while for Scrypt people generally use the difficulty of the Litecoin network.

2. Most cloud mining services (including GAW, CEX and Hashie) charges maintenance fees. This covers electricity, hosting, repairs, etc. Your $7.95 for a 'Hashlet' does not cover any expenses - you pay for it separately every day with maintenance fees. Many of us consider the marketing materials used on GAW misleading.

* When getting into mining, you must consider that the difficulty increases with more miners on the network. As new, more efficient hardware is being constantly developed, the difficulty tends to increase over time, meaning the same amount of hashpower will earn less and less.

3. As the difficulty increases over time, hashpower becomes worth less over time. The premise of hashpower exchanges, such as CEX, involves speculation. That is, you purchase GH/s when market fluctuations make it cheaper, and sell GH/s when market fluctuations make it more expensive. Hashpower expenses are more about financial speculation than mining - think derivatives, high frequency trading bots, etc.

Shameless plug I'm from Hashie, a recently launched cloud mining service. We're offering the most competitve SHA256 hashpower, starting from just $4.51 for 10 GH.

Our thread on bitcointalk is here in case you are interested, plus we're also offering a free 10 GH miner for signing up!

One last point: It's always a good idea to review the terms of service for anything involving money. Many providers make claims of "lifetime" miners, what does that legally mean for you? Here are two terms for comparison:

GAW / ZenCloud (link: https://zenminer.com/cloud/terms.html) - emphasis mine.
11. Termination and Modifications. a. Services may be terminated by us, without cause, at any time. b. Services may be terminated by you, without cause, after the end of the applicable service period for which you are enrolled, and only after you have paid any of your account balances and any other amounts owed by you to Company. [...]
 Upon termination, Company has the right to delete all data, files, or other information that is stored in your account. e. We may modify, replace, refuse access to, suspend or discontinue the Services, partially or entirely, or add, change and modify prices for all or part of the Services for you or for any or all of our users at any time and in our sole discretion.

Hashie.co (link: https://hashie.co/terms.php)
We may terminate specific or all services at any time. If we choose to terminate an existing miner, we will make a final payout equal to an estimate of the expected earnings for the next 12 months, factoring in our estimates of future difficulty and maintenance fees.

At least with one provider, there is a legally enforceable remedy Smiley

-Sahra

jorgeferpas

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 07:51:45 PM

Hello Sahra,

Thank you for your response. I don't mind if you are a little bit biased if your information is legit. As far as I can see, hashie.co seems to be a legit and trustworthy cloud mining provider. I've signed up for a free 10 GH/s miner a few days ago so I've already tested the service and I am very interested in purchasing many more GH's/s. However, I would like to know a bit more about the service:

I've seen the maintenance fee is $0.002 per GH per day, which is automatically deducted from the payouts. This means a 10 GH/s miner has a $0,020 daily fee. Right now, that 10 GH/s miner is generating $0,037 per day. That's $0,057 less $0,020 (fee). However, the difficulty will be increasing and increasing over time, making each GH/s less profitable. But I also guess you will be making your miners more and more efficient over time, so they will be always profitable (that's the point).
    1. Are my guesses correct?

Our current maintenance fee schedule is dependent on the type ('Generation') and actual hashpower of your miners.

2. Assuming my guesses are correct, will you decrease the maintenance fees of your Generation 1 miner (the only available at the moment), or will you launch Generation 2 miner (more efficient, so with less maintenance fees)? Maybe both options?
    3. If the fees of Generation 1 miner will not decrease, will customers be able to change Generation 1 miners for Generation 2 miners? (even if the change needs a little fee)

Thank you in advance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: