Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:44:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: jl777: Boolberry ONLY making significant improvements to cryptonote...NO XMR  (Read 1857 times)
From Above (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:07:33 AM

The core dev of BBR crypto_zoidberg (CZ) has posted about us working together.

With CZ being the only dev to make significant improvements to the cryptonote codebase [...]

this means-
Monero = insignificant

ok this is no real news cuz we all knew the above equation... but worth a share  Cheesy

~CfA~

bbreconomy

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:36:26 AM

With CZ being the only dev to make significant improvements to the cryptonote codebase [...]

this means-
Monero = insignificant

ok this is no real news cuz we all knew the above equation... but worth a share  Cheesy

~CfA~

It is correct that Boolberry is the most advanced cryptonote coin but I disagree that XMR is insignificant. Its community is still the largest.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/2914y1/monero_vs_boolberry/

Boolberry Compared to Bitcoin
In comparison to Bitcoin forks, Boolberry is developed on newer CryptoNote technology, making it of more flexible architecture. The main benefit of CryptoNote technology is anonymity of the sender and recipient along with transaction unlinkability. This provides great protection to user's privacy which is highly important today.

Boolberry benefits:
  • Ring Signature based cryptography, which ensures new level of privacy, anonymity and unlinkability
  • Separate Wallet and Daemon provide and additional level of security and cloud compatibility
  • Flexible RPC-like network protocol with forward and backward capability provides ability to extend network interaction format quickly and painlessly.
  • New ASIC-Resistant Hash algorithm named Wild Keccack takes the SHA3 Keccak to a higher level.

Boolberry Compared to CryptoNote
Boolberry was designed from the beginning to address several issues with Ordinary CryptoNote coins such incomplete anonymity and block chain bloat.
  • Unlinkable outputs ensures the user's anonymity is not broken due to zero mixin usage.
  • Transaction identification by prefix allows Boolberry to cut ring signatures from block chain reducing block chain size by 60-90%, depending on mixin usage.
  • Removed Dust from block reward to reduce block chain size even more.
  • New block chain based PoW hash provides faster synchronization with network and immunity from DoS attacks.
  • Network Alerts allow developers to broadcast messages about critical updates or other important events to the network
  • Donation-based crowd-funding: Boolberry has an open and transparent model of project financing with a maximum of 1% of mined coins reserved for project development. The actual rate is controlled by network participants (miners) using votes. Boolberry gives a fixed percentage to the CryptoNote founders.
  • Wallet address aliasing: any wallet can be linked with symbolic name via special type extra record in coinbase. Block chain will control registered names uniqueness.
  • More rational emission curve

This was a very impressive coin from the beginning. With the very slow emission curve it is the perfect coin to start mining now. Early adopters were not rewarded with the lion share of all coins. Of the Cryptonote coins with an official GUI (XDN, BCN and BBR) please look carefully at the emission schedules and decide which one looks the most equitable considering the coin features that existed at the time most coins were being distributed

I think Boolberry has great potential to displace DASH based on its superior technology and fair distribution

kekek

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:41:40 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 06:24:03 AM by kekek

Oh boy a post from a year ago

newrad

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:44:51 AM

Lol at XMR being insignificant..This is hilarious Cheesy .... Monero is the most trusted, and most used anonymous cryptocurrency on the planet.
Everyone has adopted Monero for it's anonymous, untraceable properties. There is nothing like it.

I don't even own Monero, but I respect it.

Donate: 1Arwzha3tci23dC6XAZLSwNt6RQ6vj37au
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 06:05:51 AM

monero bagholders/scammers going mental and this is why it creating more community members because these morons fall for the scam.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 06:14:10 AM

this means-
Monero = insignificant

~CfA~

Not sure if this was true a year ago, but today it reads absurd Wink Troll harder.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:19:04 AM

this means-
Monero = insignificant

~CfA~

Defending the monero devs isn't my job, but as far as I know they are working closely together with CZ on improving the code. If you take a look at the changelog you will see that both CZ and the monero devs are contributing and exchanging pieces of code.
boolberry

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:23:00 AM

The future is coming!
https://twitter.com/BBRcurrency/status/627037831412756480
bbreconomy

Activity: 75

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 08:57:39 PM

new update

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577267.msg12393633#msg12393633

testing db branch in github
owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 09:21:04 PM

Lol at XMR being insignificant..This is hilarious Cheesy .... Monero is the most trusted, and most used anonymous cryptocurrency on the planet.
Everyone has adopted Monero for it's anonymous, untraceable properties. There is nothing like it.

Who adopted to monero? Can you provide some example merchants who adapted it? Or you mean adaptation for trading on polo in circles, for the sake of trading without any real life usage?

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
XMRpromotions

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 10:26:51 PM

Who adopted to monero? Can you provide some example merchants who adapted it? Or you mean adaptation for trading on polo in circles, for the sake of trading without any real life usage?

There are many things I like about BBR

However, in term of merchant acceptance, no alt coin can surpass XMR.  Why? Because with xmr.to Monero is accepted by 100% of all bitcoin merchants today!

100% of bitcoin merchants can be paid with Monero anonymously today.

Check out https://xmr.to/ to learn more. They also have an API merchants can use to make things even easier

One caveat is that xmr.to offers one way conversion as of right now (which is fine for paying btc merchants). shapeshift conversions are 2 way

Don't buy Monero: https://twitter.com/MoneroPromotion/status/746006420508729344

XMR: 43hPTYyKarCTWyh4ZnMVn8AtFeEmtzTXo3Y6TGGMV26BWonJ4tpR7eP9RkUDYQbvg6LbrnMXWfghddE NGtvKxr7B5oML4qd
owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:53:51 AM

However, in term of merchant acceptance, no alt coin can surpass XMR.  Why? Because with xmr.to Monero is accepted by 100% of all bitcoin merchants today!

Check out https://xmr.to/ to learn more. They also have an API merchants can use to make things even easier

One caveat is that xmr.to offers one way conversion as of right now (which is fine for paying btc merchants). shapeshift conversions are 2 way

Involving third party (xmr.to) to your private and anonymous transaction is far from good and has no sense. If you want to involve third part to you transaction to pay btc address, you can just involve any bitcoin mixing service or whatever and use bitcoin directly. No reason for having monero at all.

Not to mention, that the mare fact you need a third party person/group or a company involved to pay a merchant is exactly opposite to what decentralized payment system should be, and its a huge warning sign for privacy focused people.

xmr.to is good for what it is, as a temporary solution to much bigger problem.  If you cant use monero from your wallet to directly pay someone for their product or service, than there is no reason for regular people to use it.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 04:25:11 AM

However, in term of merchant acceptance, no alt coin can surpass XMR.  Why? Because with xmr.to Monero is accepted by 100% of all bitcoin merchants today!

Involving third party (xmr.to) to your private and anonymous transaction is far from good and has no sense. If you want to involve third part to you transaction to pay btc address, you can just involve any bitcoin mixing service or whatever and use bitcoin directly. No reason for having monero at all.

This is not correct because BTC on both sides of a mixer is traceable, so if the mixer is logging or spying on you (or itself being spied upon), you are pretty much screwed and may not even know it. On the other hand, if you have a service like xmr.to that takes XMR in and pays BTC out, then the XMR can be untraceable, meaning even if the BTC side is traced, and even if the service itself is spying on you, your transaction still can't be traced.

(Of course it goes without saying in this discussion that xmr.to does not require user registration and that you are accessing the service web server in some untraceable way, whatever you think that is; VPN, Tor, public WiFi access point, etc.)

That's a pretty good reason to use it. In theory this applies equally to other reasonable cryptonotes (including BBR), although in practice having the most usage, most users, and most liquidity still gives XMR the edge.

But where we agree is that more usage overall directly without needing any gateways would be better, in an ideal world.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: