Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:09:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MPEx goes live!  (Read 8584 times)
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 05:21:54 AM

One month after opening the beta it's my great pleasure to announce that MPEx has left the paper-and-monopoly-money phase and is now live, churning away bitcoins and assets.

So why do you want to use it?

Reason #1. 0.2% sell side fee, no buy side fee.

Reason #1.1. You can slash that even further if you qualify for Market Maker. Ask mircea_popescu (#bitcoin-otc-eu on freenode) for details.

Reason #2. Free PUSH of assets. That's right, you want to move stocks around and you know your counterparty's fingerprint go right ahead. We charge you for the matchmaking we do, but we don't charge you for the matchmaking you do yourself.

Reason #3. Huge market depths. We're talking thousands of BTC.

Reason #4. Security. Seriously.

Reason #5. Uptime.

We're also looking for solid companies to launch IPOs, talk to the same mircea_popescu.

And here's to a happy 2012, the year of Bitcoin.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brendio

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 05:33:04 AM

Have I got this right, the ask price from the issuer for ETF shares for gigamining bonds is over 10 times higher than the trading value of the underlying assets on GLBSE?

ASK: 0.01770000

900 gigamining bonds = 900,000 F.GIGA.ETF
1 gigamining bond = 1000 F.GIGA.ETF

--> Asking 17.7 BTC per underlying bond!

brendio

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 06:14:35 AM

Your security may be great, but currently usability is cumbersome. I don't have the technical know-how, but is it possible to script the operations, such that one could download a program and import their gpg key into it. It would query MPEx for assets and orders, and could then sign and submit orders?

Such a program would also allow automated pricing of orders (e.g., to adjust for FX fluctuations). In the current state MPEx would not be suitable, because of the need to enter each order manually.

Kaos

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 08:06:36 PM

I'm afraid the website needs serious usability improvements and a UI revamp.

I'm not trying to put you off, I'm trying to give productive input. I hope it doesn't come out the wrong way.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 08:48:58 PM

Whoops hehe. This has been since fixed.

On the other score: there are a couple people working on bots for it atm.

A first step would be something like
$echo "STAT" | gpg --clearsign | gpg --encrypt --armor -r F1B69921
especially if you have gpg-agent running. You could conceivably turn that into a bash script taking a parameter, too.

Note that there's absolutely no need to enter the order manually, you can just POST to the script (use curl or whatever you prefer).

PS. The first link in your sig doesn't work anymore.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 12:11:58 AM

MPEx now has a trade history RSS, you can check it out here: http://polimedia.us/bitcoin/mpex-rss.php

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 12:20:46 AM

Have I got this right, the ask price from the issuer for ETF shares for gigamining bonds is over 10 times higher than the trading value of the underlying assets on GLBSE?

ASK: 0.01770000

900 gigamining bonds = 900,000 F.GIGA.ETF
1 gigamining bond = 1000 F.GIGA.ETF

This is quite interesting. There is an EFT on my bond!
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 12:53:32 AM

Cheesy
More bonds coming soon!

brendio

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 01:15:19 AM

On the other score: there are a couple people working on bots for it atm.

A first step would be something like
$echo "STAT" | gpg --clearsign | gpg --encrypt --armor -r F1B69921
especially if you have gpg-agent running. You could conceivably turn that into a bash script taking a parameter, too.

Note that there's absolutely no need to enter the order manually, you can just POST to the script (use curl or whatever you prefer).

When it starts to get much more technical than that I start getting lost. I'm sure it's a piece of cake for some though, so hopefully someone (MP?) can release something like it that make MPEx easier to use.

PS. The first link in your sig doesn't work anymore.
Thanks. I will remove it.

zer0

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 01:22:31 AM

Simple page + GPG security ftw
I wish there was a bitcoin exchange site like this as well, MtGox lite but a Tor hidden service, backed by LR or something and using web of trust model
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 01:42:08 AM

release something like it that make MPEx easier to use.

If you're on linux:

$sudo apt-get install gnupg-agent
$gpg-agent --daemon
$echo "BUY|S.XXX|1000|5000" | gpg --clearsign | gpg --encrypt --armor -r F1B69921

That way the CLI directly spits out the gpg stuff you need to paste into the box. If you would rather it also posts it directly you can replace that last line with

$echo "BUY|S.XXX|1000|5000" | gpg --clearsign | gpg --encrypt --armor -r F1B69921 | curl --data "msg=@-" http://polimedia.us/bitcoin/mpex.php

(haven't tested but should work roughly speaking).

Simple page + GPG security ftw

YE!

Would be pretty cool to see a gpg based exchange for sure.

Also in the news: Volume-weighted average price as a json: http://polimedia.us/bitcoin/mpex-vwap.php

Azelphur

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 04:18:21 AM

I wrote a little command line front end to MPEx to make it a little easier to use.

https://github.com/Azelphur/pyMPEx
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 10:44:29 AM

Ahh, very nice Azelphur!

Barely a day has passed and there's already github commits and whatnot. Excellent!

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 10:23:30 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2012, 12:21:10 AM by MPOE-PR

Also there's a live twitter stream, https://twitter.com/#!/mpex1

brendio

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 12:15:10 PM

I wrote a little command line front end to MPEx to make it a little easier to use.

https://github.com/Azelphur/pyMPEx
Thanks. Just got this set up. It makes it easier. A GUI would be better still. I'm sure it will come. GLBSE started as a CLI too.

kakobrekla

Activity: 714

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 04:09:58 PM

Also there's a live twitter stream, https://twitter.com/#!/mpex1

Which is picked up and spited out on irc by a bot in #bitcoin-assets  Wink

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 04:41:31 PM

From now on you can trade BTC/USD options on the MPEx infrastructure. Of particular interest is the newly added command SPLIT. Quoting from the FAQ:

SPLIT, as in SPLIT|{btc}|{option id}, which allows you to split a number of whole BTCs into CALL-PUT pairs for a given strike. Say you want to sell short 100 CALLS struck at 5.0 expiring this month. Provided you have 100 BTC in your account you go SPLIT|100|050T and voila, you now have 100 CALLS @5.0 (and a number of PUTS @5.0 based on the strike/current BTC/USD ratio), which you can sell. At the month's end you will receive the 100 BTC back, minus any costs resulting from exercises.

As you can see, this is a significant improvement over the way short selling works on the old MPOE site.

As a result the MPOE site is being retired. Customers currently holding options (long or short) on MPOE can ask to be migrated to MPEx (provided they have a registered key), but are not required to do so: contracts will be honored as they are at any rate. MPOE will stop taking new orders sometime in the coming months.

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 07:24:43 PM

There's now also a market depth json for the people into writing bots and whatnot: http://polimedia.us/bitcoin/mpex-mktdepth.php

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 02:33:15 AM

Interested. Scribed.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 01:13:00 PM

Proudly announcing the new candlestick graphs, visible on individual asset pages (http://polimedia.us/bitcoin/mpex.php?mpsic=F.GIGA.ETF for instance).

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: