Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:17:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MPEx goes live!  (Read 8584 times)
brendio

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 01:54:19 PM

Proudly announcing the new candlestick graphs, visible on individual asset pages (http://polimedia.us/bitcoin/mpex.php?mpsic=F.GIGA.ETF for instance).
Scales on the axes would be nice. It's a bit meaningless without them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 04:01:33 PM

Yea, that info is going into the FAQ. Vertical is MIN bid to MAX bid (so in the case of the link, 122000 to 169000) and horizontally each line is a 24 hour interval starting with the present moment and going back. The volume line is also by days, the last bar being the past day's volume (so in the case of the link, 28500). Knowing this would you still say it is meaningless?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 11:48:48 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2012, 12:23:17 AM by MPOE-PR

For the Windows users aegis has complied the python script into a stand-alone all inclusive (gpg too I think) 32 bit .exe. You can find it here

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
brendio

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Yea, that info is going into the FAQ. Vertical is MIN bid to MAX bid (so in the case of the link, 122000 to 169000) and horizontally each line is a 24 hour interval starting with the present moment and going back. The volume line is also by days, the last bar being the past day's volume (so in the case of the link, 28500). Knowing this would you still say it is meaningless?
It goes from "meaningless" to "difficult to understand"/"not readily obvious". So a small step up.

So if the vertical axis is scaled to bid, the trading history could go off scale if there are large movements in price.

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 09:56:00 AM

Small steps up is what we're all about Smiley

Scaled from lowest bid in 30 days to highest bid in 30 days. How could it go out of scale? Here, I made you a little drawing:

ageisp0lis

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 12:06:25 AM

For the Windows users aegis has complied the python script into a stand-alone all inclusive (gpg too I think) 32 bit .exe. You can find it here

Correction, you do still need GPG installed and in your %PATH. I just added the (Intel) Mac binary .app of Azelphur's frontend for OSX.

brendio

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 01:44:22 AM

Small steps up is what we're all about Smiley

Scaled from lowest bid in 30 days to highest bid in 30 days. How could it go out of scale? Here, I made you a little drawing:

Do you mean lowest trade to highest trade? I thought you meant lowest/highest current bid, in which case it could go off scale if day 1 bid ask is 0.1/0.2 and then by day 5 the price has quintupled and bids are now 0.5/1.0.

That drawing helped. It still took me a bit to get my head around, but I understand it now.

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 10:30:21 AM

Actually the drawing is wrong in one point, which is to say the low point on the price scale should read 2433 not 2043. I hope for my sake this is obvious enough and I don't have to redo it.

brendio

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 02:02:43 PM

Actually the drawing is wrong in one point, which is to say the low point on the price scale should read 2433 not 2043. I hope for my sake this is obvious enough and I don't have to redo it.

Yes, that was obvious enough, and I thought not to mention it.

It does appear, though, that the style of graphs on the main page differ from those on the individual asset pages (prices as diamonds versus candlesticks).

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 03:12:53 PM

the style of graphs on the main page differ from those on the individual asset pages (prices as diamonds versus candlesticks).

Yes. The space was not judged sufficient to actually make any useful candlesticks (both because finite-pixel rounding errors and superimposition with volume bars) and also due to the litany of symbols on offer candlesticks might have been significant load. But other than the fact vwa prices are shown as dots (diamonds) there's little changed, scale works the same exact way.

brendio

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 02:55:01 PM

Suggestion: Can you put the USD equivalents next to the option quotes (without making it too cluttered?) and also add the current BTC/USD price?

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 03:49:37 PM

Suggestion: Can you put the USD equivalents next to the option quotes (without making it too cluttered?) and also add the current BTC/USD price?

No reference to any fiat currencies will ever be included on MPEx.

brendio

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 04:51:35 PM

No reference to any fiat currencies will ever be included on MPEx.

Um, what do you call the option strike prices? Is that not a reference to a fiat currency? All the options are pretty meaningless without it!

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 05:53:58 PM

It's... hm. It's a meta-reference, let us say!

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 02:21:11 PM

Proudly pointing out the fact that for the first time ever daily average trade turnover passed 1k BTC on MPEx.

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 01:04:24 PM

Hey psy, you missed one.

brendio

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 01:50:10 AM

When can we expect dividend statements and statements of interest payments? From what I can see the interest trickles in, but the statement doesn't list it under transactions. Also, not sure if dividends have been paid on Pure.Synth. None are listed on the asset page or in my statement.

Would be nice to be able to get a complete transaction history (as a separate command) for auditing purposes.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 01:52:26 AM

Hey psy, you missed one.

Don't worry, everybody knows already how shitty a PR you are.
And you better don't insist much, you might get what you wish, Ms. gangbang!
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 04:21:22 PM

Also, not sure if dividends have been paid on Pure.Synth. None are listed on the asset page or in my statement.

It's true that dividend payments don't currently show under statements. In the interim all dividend payment events are announced on the twitter feed (hashtag "dividend"). F.PURE.SYNTH paid twice so far, as follows:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Your dividend payment for F.PURE.SYNTH in total sum of 951390000 to a notional float of 6000000 has been issued on April 18, 2012, 4:39 pm. Feel free to publish this receipt to your shareholders.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFPju5NkhT8a/G2mSERAla3AJ9ND77kf3lJ3VtTGHxu3g9VN7ynkACfdror
CUjOYGu0RO6T1zGO/Xl+jk0=
=GWTT
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Your dividend payment for F.PURE.SYNTH in total sum of 1763640000 to a notional float of 6000000 has been issued on April 23, 2012, 3:52 pm. Feel free to publish this receipt to your shareholders.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFPlXqykhT8a/G2mSERAkQRAJ0W5sxF6f9i9NUYp+9AkG6JK5IhVQCggiUH
dv3CO6G+LJHsCYWE6gOi36k=
=bfJa
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

The 2nd is an aggregate of the quasi-daily dividends PUREMINING pays. The 1st is the dividend corresponding to the 2012-04-17 dividend. There was an earlier payment that doesn't show on twitter because the feed didn't exist at the time.

In general MPEx will be paying dividends no more frequently than weekly, with a monthly payment as the golden standard. All dividends paid on ETFs and SYNTH underlyings will be paid in aggregate at that time.

When can we expect dividend statements and statements of interest payments?

This is on the to-do list.

Would be nice to be able to get a complete transaction history (as a separate command) for auditing purposes.

The current STAT command gives you the transaction list since ~ 1 hour before you last ran a STAT command. As long as you keep all your STAT results you should be doing pretty ok auditing-wise.

World

Activity: 743

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 09:18:55 PM

to:@MPEx1
can you stop spamming #bitcoin twitter chanel ??
thx

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: