Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:11:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: BitsharesX will go UP or DOWN?  (Voting closed: December 08, 2014, 06:54:54 AM)
UP - 27 (31%)
DOWN - 49 (56.3%)
Stable - 2 (2.3%)
No idea - 9 (10.3%)
Total Voters: 87

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitsharesX will go UP or DOWN?  (Read 3322 times)
Digicoiner

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

In Crypto I trust.

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:43:03 AM

It's hard to say which ways it's going to go. If it gets taken up by one or more of the big big exchanges then it could rise a lot through speculation.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:46:34 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 04:04:14 AM by CoinHoarder

If you take the definition of ownership of a coin to mean you holding the private keys, then Bitshares is NOT an exchange at all, but just a derivative play on the price of an underlying that you hope will be maintained through thick and thin. You cannot actually trade BTC on the Bitshares network. You can trade BitBTC that you assume will be equivalent to the price of BTC or that you can get exposure to BTC by owning bitBTC but that doesn't mean it is a decentralized exchange for BTC. Not saying this isn't something nice or something that will have a lot of demand, but calling it a decentralized exchange would be wrong.

I understand what you are saying and I agree that it is not a decentralized exchange in the true sense of the term. I guess I am using that term loosely because it is the closest thing to a decentralized exchange that actually exists (to my knowledge.) It is not as good as a decentralized exchange in that you don't own the private keys to the crypto you are trading and there is added risk involved with that, but then it is also better in that it allows the trading of commodities like gold and oil.

I guess it depends on your risk tolerance at this point, and I agree BTSX is a risky investment (what Cryptocurrency isn't really.) I think if BitsharesX stands the test of time I think that will go a long ways towards instilling confidence in the market and bitassets. Thus increasing utility, liquidity, and the value of BTSX. Buying BTSX now is a play on all of that working itself out, and the developers/community figuring out how to ensure the market pegging mechanism is as accurate as possible.

There is a lot of discussion being had as to ways to improve accuracy of the market peg without putting too many restrictions on the market or centralizing it. I think if the market peg can be made as accurate as possible, the infrastructure surrounding bitassets will fill in and they will have just as much utility as Bitcoin through the use of multi coin payment processors and payment gateways. In that case, it will be similar to owning private keys except with a little added risk that would arguably be less than the risk of trading on a centralized exchange.
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:19:05 AM

It will go down. I do not think it will be tradeable this time next year.

Said the 8 post and 2 days old account and then vanished in to the mist!!

I will still be active next year, but BTSX will not.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:21:49 AM

It will go down. I do not think it will be tradeable this time next year.

Said the 8 post and 2 days old account and then vanished in to the mist!!

I will still be active next year, but BTSX will not.

If you all really think this then buy BitUSD on the Bitshares X client. If Bitshares does crash you end up with more BTSX. If it ever rises then you could double your profit.

But if you think BTSX is completely useless then yeah, stay in Bitcoin.
TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:59:49 PM

What was your vote?
Why do you think so?

No idea.

Really depending on the founders who control the coin. They can also do what ripple did and increase the total supply to increase the market cap to give the illusion of strong support.

Developers are sound, thats not the issue.

Its more to do with the current price which is just hype. 0.00001 BTC per BTSX would dtill be a high price. Fully expect it to go into five zero territory.

A decentralized exchange is worth much more than BTSX's current market cap, assuming all of the current issues are resolved.

Also, hype pretty much equals speculation. What cryptocurrency ISN'T supported by speculation?

Just in case you don't get that last statement... it was a rhetorical question because all cryptocurrency's values are upheld by speculation.. even Bitcoin. It is a speculators market as mass adoption has not been achieved by any of them.

I understand you need to up your post count for your signature campaign, but go spread FUD somewhere else.

Good work attacking the poster trying to pump up your coin. Whats up, you nervous others are seeing this for what it is?

This one is going down to 0.00004 in this cycle. It will go down a lot more but in several instalments. Just wait and watch.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
TinEye

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:05:31 PM

If you all really think this then buy BitUSD on the Bitshares X client. If Bitshares does crash you end up with more BTSX. If it ever rises then you could double your profit.

BitUSD has its uses, but the biggest problem is that it can be paused anytime and then you are stuck like it happened. The peg is also not holding well and went down to as low as $0.7.

Much better to actually sell it for Bitcoin then buy back in later. Going into BitUSD does not make any sense.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:09:12 PM

While it is decent, the current price is too high. I have unloaded whatever I had at 0.000098. Thanks everyone  Smiley
I will get back in surely, but at much lower prices.

The real reason your last 10ish posts have been so negative about BTSX... you already sold and want to buy back in for lower. Stop being so obvious..

I stand to gain very little from BTSX getting pumped, I just believe in it and hate FUDsters like you trying to create hysteria for you own financial benefit.
TinEye

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:15:52 PM

While it is decent, the current price is too high. I have unloaded whatever I had at 0.000098. Thanks everyone  Smiley

The real reason your last 10ish posts have been so negative about BTSX... you already sold and want to buy back in for lower. Stop being so obvious..

I stand to gain very little from BTSX getting pumped, I just believe in it and hate FUDsters like you trying to create hysteria for you own financial benefit.

Wait, a few minutes back I was trying to make posts for campaign. Now I am obviously trying to lower price. Make up your mind.

Regarding my trade, I have been clear. It was overhyped, I sold out, and will get back in later. If you had looked into my posts you will also see I have said that I am doing small trades and had called 0.00007 to be the current top (its at 0.000057 now). I will buy again above 0.00004 and then sell again. This thread is asking whats the trend, and I answered that its down.

I hate all those who are trying to unload on others and trying to show they are some kind of white knights.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:33:27 PM

Wait, a few minutes back I was trying to make posts for campaign. Now I am obviously trying to lower price. Make up your mind..

It's a little bit of both I think. Either that or you are trying to pump your ego and make sure you are proven correct by shifting public sentiment.

It's not the fact that you are posting your opinion, just the fact you are repeating it over and over across multiple threads in an attempt to sway public opinion. That is almost all you've posted about for days. There are so many people trying to affect the price negatively through FUD like you, that I have made it my mission to defend BTSX. Who are you to say it is hyped or isn't worth it's current evaluation? No one truly knows, all you can do is speculate on its value. No one knows the true value of any Cryptocurrency. You are acting like you are some omniscient being or something.
TinEye

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:41:12 PM

Wait, a few minutes back I was trying to make posts for campaign. Now I am obviously trying to lower price. Make up your mind..

It's a little bit of both I think.

It's not the fact that you are posting your opinion, just the fact you are repeating it over and over across multiple threads in an attempt to sway public opinion. There are so many people trying to affect the price negatively through FUD like you, that I have made it my mission to defend BTSX. Who are you to say it is hyped or isn't worth it's current evaluation? No one truly knows, all you can do is speculate on its value. No one knows the true value of any Cryptocurrency. You are acting like you are some omniscient being or something.

Funny as you are doing the exact same thing. Attributing motives based on a few posts. When there was the bubble and threads were popping up all over sucking in buyers where were you? Busy selling? Are you really defending against FUDsters or just protecting your investment?

You are seeing one side, you are failing to see the other. Go through my post history if you like, I was calling it a bubble and was advising buying against even when it was lower than my sell price.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:53:25 PM

Funny as you are doing the exact same thing. Attributing motives based on a few posts. When there was the bubble and threads were popping up all over sucking in buyers where were you? Busy selling? Are you really defending against FUDsters or just protecting your investment?

You are seeing one side, you are failing to see the other. Go through my post history if you like, I was calling it a bubble and was advising buying against even when it was lower than my sell price.

A lot of assumptions..

For the record, I did not invest in the AGS fund, nor did I hold PTS for the BTSX snapshot. I currently have less than 10k BTSX and stand to gain very little from a pump. I bought above the current price, so I am in the red and was not "selling through the pump" like you assume. I was here defending BTSX through the bubble and now I am here defending it after the bubble. That is because I am just someone who believes in BTSX, and believes it is worth MUCH more than its current evaluation of less than 3 cents a coin.

I understand it has a chance to go down even more, but day trading is a gamble and I wouldn't recommend it. It is better to pick a coin you think will grow in value long term and hold it. A lot of people (including me) have lost out on a lot of money because they were so certain Bitcoin would go down and was in a mini bubble, only to have it go up by more than 1000%. It's a fact that you don't know where the price is going to go. You might think you have it figured out... So did I back in the day.

It will only take once though for you to learn your lesson when you miss out on a huge upswing because you were so certain it was heading south. I am just speaking from personal experience in the crypto markets for 2 years now. No one knows what the markets will do at any certain moment unless you have a lot of money to manipulate it. It could go up or it could go down, you have no clue.
TinEye

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:58:02 PM

Fair enough. Always good to hear the experiences of an old head around here.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:31:12 PM

Fair enough. Always good to hear the experiences of an old head around here.

Well, thanks for this amicable conclusion. I am not trying to act like a know it all, just wanted to make the point that no one really knows what will happen. All people can do is speculate. Sorry for making assumptions about you. It is hard to tell trolls from rational people on here, and I can get worked up sometimes because I really care about the success of innovative cryptocurrencies.

Innovative cryptocurrencys will push the technology forward and improve them for the better of all cryptos. Bitcoin/Litecoin's innovation and features are pretty much at a standstill because their communities have grown so large that no one can agree on what should and shouldn't be done. Most of them think they are fine just the way they are, which I think couldn't be further from the truth.. but I digress. It is up to cryptos like this to push the technology forward.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 12:13:43 AM

If you take the definition of ownership of a coin to mean you holding the private keys, then Bitshares is NOT an exchange at all, but just a derivative play on the price of an underlying that you hope will be maintained through thick and thin. You cannot actually trade BTC on the Bitshares network. You can trade BitBTC that you assume will be equivalent to the price of BTC or that you can get exposure to BTC by owning bitBTC but that doesn't mean it is a decentralized exchange for BTC. Not saying this isn't something nice or something that will have a lot of demand, but calling it a decentralized exchange would be wrong.

I understand what you are saying and I agree that it is not a decentralized exchange in the true sense of the term. I guess I am using that term loosely because it is the closest thing to a decentralized exchange that actually exists (to my knowledge.) It is not as good as a decentralized exchange in that you don't own the private keys to the crypto you are trading and there is added risk involved with that, but then it is also better in that it allows the trading of commodities like gold and oil.

I guess it depends on your risk tolerance at this point, and I agree BTSX is a risky investment (what Cryptocurrency isn't really.) I think if BitsharesX stands the test of time I think that will go a long ways towards instilling confidence in the market and bitassets. Thus increasing utility, liquidity, and the value of BTSX. Buying BTSX now is a play on all of that working itself out, and the developers/community figuring out how to ensure the market pegging mechanism is as accurate as possible.

There is a lot of discussion being had as to ways to improve accuracy of the market peg without putting too many restrictions on the market or centralizing it. I think if the market peg can be made as accurate as possible, the infrastructure surrounding bitassets will fill in and they will have just as much utility as Bitcoin through the use of multi coin payment processors and payment gateways. In that case, it will be similar to owning private keys except with a little added risk that would arguably be less than the risk of trading on a centralized exchange.
Time will tell how valid the peg is and how much it makes sense to trade through this platform.
btcmaze (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:50:56 PM

I think bitsharesX is a cool idea. Worth putting my money in.

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Why_choose_BitShares%3F

What i think the prob. is, is that there are many bitcoin only supporters who goes against all altcoins. My point is to dump all the copycats and take in new cryptocurrencies backed up by new ideas (just a few)
Bcoz, some are kind of better in many ways. better tech
faster confirmations, better anonymity,.......
i think it is one of them
Hope it comes true  Wink

brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:10:51 PM

BitUSD has its uses, but the biggest problem is that it can be paused anytime and then you are stuck like it happened. The peg is also not holding well and went down to as low as $0.7.

Much better to actually sell it for Bitcoin then buy back in later. Going into BitUSD does not make any sense.

TinEye

The market can not be paused at anytime per say.  There are currently safe guards in place such as minimum market depth, delegate price feeds, etc... that will automatically pause the market so no one can take advantage.  Once more people begin to utilize the market it will function normally.  Think of this new product as a bicycle with training wheels, they will come off eventually.
virgojeep

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:10:30 PM

There are so many schemes going on trying to take advantage of every coin that comes out. I think BTSX is a really cool experiment and worth investing in. The root issue however is how much people worship the value of the dollar. If the dollar crashed then crypto would be worth a lot especially if its pegged to a precious commodity like BTSX. Until then ppl will just keep trying to p&d alts into dollars.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 03:50:15 AM

There are so many schemes going on trying to take advantage of every coin that comes out. I think BTSX is a really cool experiment and worth investing in. The root issue however is how much people worship the value of the dollar. If the dollar crashed then crypto would be worth a lot especially if its pegged to a precious commodity like BTSX. Until then ppl will just keep trying to p&d alts into dollars.
Don't hold out for a dollar crash mate, do the best you can with what you have instead of conjuring up a future that will not be.
TinEye

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:22:40 PM

TinEye

The market can not be paused at anytime per say.  There are currently safe guards in place such as minimum market depth, delegate price feeds, etc... that will automatically pause the market so no one can take advantage.  Once more people begin to utilize the market it will function normally.  Think of this new product as a bicycle with training wheels, they will come off eventually.

Right now it can be by the dev. While it might be necessary, its very concerning that it is possible by the same person who is actively trading in it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
CLains

Activity: 256

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:14:01 PM

I predict BitShares will rise as soon as people realize that the bitAssets are working, that this is a huge invention, and that bitAssets with interests are going to be enabled soon.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: