Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:46:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US lawyers float Facebook Credits antitrust suit  (Read 3766 times)
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 12:51:38 AM

Even very hardcore libertarians will admit the need to break up monopolies.

Not me. Freedom > Justice.

+1

I'm as hardcore an-cap subscriber as you can get and I'm perfectly fine with monopolies that are established by providing a voluntary service or goods.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 02:25:15 AM

Monopolies give us the best Justice money can buy.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 03:04:24 AM

+1

I'm as hardcore an-cap subscriber as you can get and I'm perfectly fine with monopolies that are established by providing a voluntary service or goods.

The issue comes when the monopolies arise due to market distortions from government-granted privileges.

Food for thought - where would microsoft be without patent and copyright law? And is it truly voluntary when they pull tricks such as telling hardware vendors that customers buying "naked" computers (those without an OS) are criminals?

As for facebook though, in no way is it a monopoly or a threat to anyone's privacy - if you don't want your personal info there then don't provide it, this seems so simple it's stupid.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 11:45:51 AM

You don't need to tell me that, I already knew it and I completely agree with you. I thought my post would have reflected that Tongue

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 09:32:40 PM

http://finextra.com/News/Fullstory.aspx?newsitemid=23823

"Facebook is to abandon its Credits virtual currency platform in favour of a system which allows developers to be paid in a local currency of their choosing."
Has anyone chosen btc as a "local currency of their choosing" yet?

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 09:35:09 PM

+1

You can never serve your customers TOO WELL!

pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 09:40:40 PM

US attorneys are trying to drum up interest in a potential case against Facebook, claiming its Credits virtual currency is breaking US antitrust law.

Oh, someone is scared and crapping their pants. Hmm, keep running your government like so, just keep doing it.
tatsuchan

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 11:43:36 AM

Godbless America and all it's glorious lawsuits and frivolous bullshit.
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 02:17:11 PM

Godbless America and all it's glorious lawsuits and frivolous bullshit.

Don't forget patent lawsuits that are sky high that company's are pulling against other company's. apple, ms, samsung etc.
yesbtc

Activity: 60
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 01:32:45 PM

+1

The issue comes when the monopolies arise due to market distortions from government-granted privileges.

Food for thought - where would microsoft be without patent and copyright law? And is it truly voluntary when they pull tricks such as telling hardware vendors that customers buying "naked" computers (those without an OS) are criminals?

As for facebook though, in no way is it a monopoly or a threat to anyone's privacy - if you don't want your personal info there then don't provide it, this seems so simple it's stupid.

That.

Cases like the browser lawsuits against MS made me want to puke - even though I wasn't a MS fanboy.
I'm not a big fan of Facebook either (though I'm a user) but seriously: If you don't like the way they play NOONE is forcing you to play with them. Anyone wanting to force FB to do business with developers who don't want to use FB credits is a looter in my book.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: