Bitcoin Forum
December 13, 2017, 04:12:38 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The first BTC Debt Collection Agency and DUNS-like database  (Read 3113 times)
eroxors

Activity: 770

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 10:20:41 PM

Asking for 60% is a bit high.
I think it depends on the debt. I really don't think this will work with a one-size-fits-all rate for debt purchases. Otherwise, there's nothing to stop me from creating a fake account, lending it some bitcoin, claiming default and then on-selling the debt here for 20%.

Some debt is worth more than other debt!

Yes debt has different value. However, I was looking up debt collectors in the U.K. and they typically charge between 10%-20% depending on the difficulty. Granted, bitcoin debt it a unique animal, but I think if Kaos advertised a range or a maximum purchase price, he could make quite a bit of money. Especially with that DI debt.  Grin

Don't get caught up in the game and have a nice day!
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jfreak53

Activity: 297

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 11:23:54 PM

Really, your taking on DI's?? Smiley  I still have that outstanding loan with him, cool Smiley

You don't have anyone in Alabama do you? ha ha I have a guy that owe's me around $500 in bandwidth overages, not worth it to take to court, but for debt collection Smiley

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin 1755
█ █ http://www.microthosting.com -- Free reseller web hosting, OpenVZ-XEN-HVM VPS', ATOM Dedicateds!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.