Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:10:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A letter to the community from Matthew N. Wright  (Read 8443 times)
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12864

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 02:57:05 AM

Glad to hear it (though I find it a little difficult to believe). Many of your posts are good, especially recently, but I've been annoyed at how frequently you post garbage.

Whenever I see your projects I still think of your initial ridiculous, self-important attempt to start a "Bitcoin Better Business Bureau" and your scamming incident (which was totally your fault and not just a misunderstanding). But my opinion of your projects has been improving recently as you've been acting more thoughtfully.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Astro

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 03:08:32 AM

This is the part where he takes the money and runs.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2012, 03:15:43 AM

Good effort, Matthew. But your achilles heel is Atlas.

I'm not sure you'll be able to stay serious unless either Atlas is permabanned, or  you sign up with a second anonymous account just so you can continue to point out new Atlas accounts and positroll him.

I'd prefer the latter, tbh.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
minero1

Activity: 303

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 04:48:20 AM

The very first post i read from matthew was about the magazine and i was impressed , i'm fairly new here, but when i came across some of his trolling i just couldn't fit into my mind how someone can be two different persons at the same time, i remember thinking "if these are the VIPs of bitcoin this thing is a joke then"

man you almost made me quit bitcoin, i hope you can keep it together and i hope the magazine succeeds for the good of bitcoin.

All the best to you matthew,

Carlos
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 05:02:02 AM

You're the perfect troll.
No, he's really not. If he was, he wouldn't get banned so often.

Matthew, I very much prefer this side of you. If you really do feel the need to troll, however, make another account for that trolling. By making it hard on yourself by having to constantly switch accounts, you'll soon get out of the habit of trolling.

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 05:08:52 AM

You're the perfect troll.
No, he's really not. If he was, he wouldn't get banned so often.

Matthew, I very much prefer this side of you. If you really do feel the need to troll, however, make another account for that trolling. By making it hard on yourself by having to constantly switch accounts, you'll soon get out of the habit of trolling.
Wanna bet he was Atlas all along? Grin

I read the whole thing. Good luck, and if you need an example of a "good" troll, LoupGaroux could teach you a few things.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 05:21:35 AM

Unfortunately, his vocabulary keeps the average visitor to this forum from understanding what he’s saying! 
Shame everyone is so damn stupid.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2012, 05:57:51 AM

I also want to look up look up LoupGaroux to see what level of vocabulary he reaches.

It's not how big it is but how you use it that counts.

And the same goes for vocabulary. It's why LoupGaroux screws his opposition so masterfully.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
tsupp4

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 09:36:46 AM

When I wake up these days, I look in the mirror and I don't see a troll and a goofball anymore – I see a future political activist that has been craving since birth to have something to sink his teeth into, and I finally believe I understand Bitcoin enough to know my place. I will not stop my development of other projects, management of other businesses, nor hobbies in or outside Korea, but I do take the long term success of the Bitcoin Magazine to heart and would soon rather suicide than let it fail.
Good luck!

"It's not rich who got much, but who gives much."
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 09:59:38 AM

Vladamirs Asic farm , and now this - what is this (bitcoin) world coming to....

Not sure about the 1st yet but the 2nd is a good sign for bitcoin!

Good luck!

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2012, 01:16:06 PM

When I first read the OP I thought wow, 10/10 troll post! But what do I know :/

This is exactly what I thought (and may still think). What if the OP is a troll post, one that Matthew espouses how he's not going to troll anymore? In retrospect, he may be telling us that he's not going to troll any less.

Or, worse yet, he's going to continue to troll other places, but not on BitcoinTalk, for we're not good enough for his troll posts. If this is the case, then I hope that those over at SA tear him a new...

~Bruno~
Jon
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 01:39:55 PM

I manage a group of maintenance workers at Wally World (Wal-Mart).

Phil gave me a long apology about how he spends too long cleaning bathrooms for the third time. He told me he has finally improved.

I just wish he would just do and not care what I think.

I wish you would just release the magazine I paid for and stop telling me how great it's going to be.

Your customers come first. Not your talent. Not your magazine but the people you're serving. Without them, you have nothing unless you are doing charity (you aren't). You have costs and relationships to pay and maintain.

You aren't going to stay in business with this crap, Matthew. Get your shit together.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 01:49:35 PM

I'll be interviewing applicants to fill this troll void.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 02:36:44 PM

Setting your priorities right, was never a bad idea. Smiley
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2012, 02:45:47 PM

how about a more 'serious' avatar?

That avatar is cool more dogs in suits (and having dinner parties too).

Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 04:43:09 PM

What, no more fixations on masturbating furries/muppets? 

Good! Thumbs up!   

I like things like Robot Chicken but that type of thing always seemed out of place here and took away from what you seem to be trying to do with Bitcoin.

It was the reason I was never interested in getting a copy of your Bitcoin magazine. ( that and the fact that by the time a magazine, any magazine,
comes out all the news in it is usually old. But that is just me. It is perhaps targeted to a different demographic. )

Although some of your humor on these forums had a point to it, unlike Bruno's, it won't be missed too much by me if it means a more professional
attitude from you.   

Btw, you could've probably said what you said in your letter in a lot fewer words.
We don't need your life story; much of it is perhaps best kept between you, your therapist and your Matt/Atlas voodoo doll.    Wink
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 04:46:59 PM

Tl;DR: bla bla bla.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 05:27:48 PM

I give him a week before he cracks.

This. You'll have to let up just a bit Matthew.

One person can't make a decision about every design detail, that's why you hired some professional designers. That was a smart move.

Now you have to respect their decisions. I can assume that as chief editor, you're already exerting full editorial control of the content. A lot of the details (whether editorial or design) are just minutia and you must let go. Everyone will still love the magazine even if it isn't perfect (nothing is perfect!). But if you don't let it ship then we're guaranteed to hate it!

Forget about the models and everything else. Think about your team. The magazine needs nothing new right now. It needs to ship. The longer this goes, the more morale fades in the team. Eventually, the money will run out.

Write the letter from the editor, issue #1. Then listen to your team and let them finish.

Real artists ship.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
EuSouBitcoin

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 05:35:05 PM

The magazine is never going to be perfect. Just set a date like Ubuntu does and stick to it. If something isn't ready for inclusion by the deadline, leave it out. There will be other issues to follow, I hope. Actually, I'd just be happy with the initial issue since that's all I sent BTC for.

You can't win if you don't play. But you can't play if you lose all your chips. First I found bitcoin (BTC). Then I found something better, Monero (XMR). See GetMonero.org
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 09:34:46 PM

trying to convince anyone who will listen that teaching a 17 year old model about bitcoin somehow means I am a pedophile

Is it normal that you as a teacher, film underage students in their underwear and publish this online ?

You should protect these kids, prevent this from happening. Angry

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: