Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:55:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I start a store accepting only BTC?  (Read 715 times)
deus-ex-machina (OP)

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 11:44:48 PM

My main idea is I would start slowly with a little site for miscellaneous items one might want. I have no way of figuring out what transaction came from which person on which item, so I would need to do everything manually and have the person contact me ahead of time. Is this a good idea? I could maybe do some face-to-face transactions using a QR code printed on a card, which I can easily make. Is there any advice that would be helpful?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Coinabul

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 11:49:26 PM

My main idea is I would start slowly with a little site for miscellaneous items one might want. I have no way of figuring out what transaction came from which person on which item, so I would need to do everything manually and have the person contact me ahead of time. Is this a good idea? I could maybe do some face-to-face transactions using a QR code printed on a card, which I can easily make. Is there any advice that would be helpful?

Why not just use Bit-Mit? Smiley

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 11:50:18 PM

Providing what the market demands in an easier to obtain form is always a good idea, and competition certainly never hurts. The real question is "Will you be selling what the market wants?".

deus-ex-machina (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 12:07:06 AM

Okay. Problem solved for how to process transactions. Bit-Mit seems like a good idea. I'd be able to put my listings up on my site maybe. There's still the matter of finding the right things to sell, but I can find those.

Thanks guys.
zer0

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 12:42:08 AM

You could also accept

MoneyPak
Ukash
Paysafecards

Anything you know that can be later converted into bitcoins through trusted ppl here and #bitcoin-otc
Just be aware of rates (usually 8-10% fees for vouchers)

Then cash out bitcoins however you want easily.
deus-ex-machina (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 12:30:12 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2012, 04:56:36 AM by deus-ex-machina

Ugh. Looks like I'll have to put it off for a bit. Was making a withdrawal in minefield and it started running random high-rolling games on its own. Needless to say I'm broke now. Since it's against my conscience to take charity, I'll just have to wait for a job to open.
EDIT: I'm not looking for a refund. It doesn't seem like it was the designer's fault. Probably an isolated incident and honestly I doubt the money even made it to the owner.
EDIT: This was definitely intentional. I put in .01 as a test and the whole thing emptied and filled the one in the site, which also emptied on its own. That was a month off my paycheck that was stolen, and now I can't even get my groceries because of this thief (I wouldn't say scammer because scammer implies I somehow fell for a trick, when I actually had no choice in the matter). Not sure who did it, but I hope to find out.

Oh, and to top it all off I'm apparently in debt for some physical BTC (which I'm pretty sure don't even exist) that were bought using my debit card against my will. I already talked to the bank. They told me where to shove my accusations.

I'll be starting a new thread once I'm out of newbie status looking for ways to get BTC without resorting to begging.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: