Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:12:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain  (Read 1067 times)
brandon2013za (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:01:01 PM

Hi all.

So i made a really bad mistake. I found this site http://blackholes.freewhs.in and it says that you can "Generate" free bitcoins in your blockchain account by going on to the site, put in your blockchain wallet address and the amount, it redirects you to the blockchain page where you must login and it will supposidly give you free bitcoins.

However, I checked back a few minutes later and my balance, BTC0.00000000!!!

I managed to track down my transactions and I found the address to which my bitcoins were sent, it has my exact total in it as i checked it on blockchain.

I need to get my bitcoins back urgently and I really need your help.

Please help me if you can.

desertfox470

Activity: 542
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:04:57 PM

Sorry, they are lost. There is no way to get btc's back unless you have the private key.
brandon2013za (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:53:29 AM

I know the address of the person that took them. Where can I find the Private keys?
dbshck
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2440
Merit: 1616

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:07:35 AM

I know the address of the person that took them. Where can I find the Private keys?

lol of course you cannot "find" private keys of someone else's address.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
brandon2013za (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:00:23 AM

I know, but i really need them back. 3 years of time and effort I put into getting those coins.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 05:52:12 PM

I know, but i really need them back. 3 years of time and effort I put into getting those coins.

You fell for the classic, "this is page X please enter your password scam" and obviously had no 2F-auth enabled. Take this as an (more or less) expensive lesson. If it would be easy to get someone elses private key just because you know the address, bitcoin would not be used. If you lost a significant amount (idk >5 btc maybe, not sure) offer a bounty, maybe someone can track the thief(s). Besides that, contact the police.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
FYX

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

BitVestors.com Community Manager

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 07:28:03 AM

At least the site seems to be down now...

BitVestors.com - Professional Bitcoin Earners Platform
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 10:38:18 AM

You are in Bitcoins for 3 years already? Didnt you notice that the amount of scammers are huge?

In case you didnt notice yet. You most probably didnt login into your normal blockchain.info wallet but you logged into a fake wallet. So you gave the scammer your wallet login details and he used it to steal your coins.

Even if you contact blockchain.info support it most probably wont work since the scammer will have send the coins to an address only he controls, not blockchain.info.

So im sorry but you fall for a phishing attack and i dont see a way to get the coins back. Unfortunately everyone in here has lost coins to either scams, inept businessmans or or or. Be super cautious, ask others and investigate before you do anything like investing and so on.

And you should enable additional security settings for wallets. 2FA for example. (But dont forget to note down the creationcode for the 2FA. So in case you lose your phone you can setup the same 2FA on another phone again.)

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Dogtanian

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:14:41 AM

Looks like your greed got the better of you here. You fell for the simplest scam in the book.

There's nothing you can do but learn your lesson unfortunately.
Yeezus

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:20:46 AM

If you had 2 factor set up this wouldnt have happened. There are also other security features you could have set up. People need to look after their coins better. How much did you lose?

Enfield

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:22:25 AM

Post the addresses and transaction id here and people might be able to track or trace the guy, but you have next to zero chance of getting your coins back.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: