Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:36:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Squall Coin NO IPO, RE-LAUNCH,PLEASE READ OP, HIRING!  (Read 86623 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:01:28 PM

Well if it is made for me, I hope that it excludes ASICs for at least the first year. It would be nice for it to be a GPU coin to eliminate the CPU botnet. Nothing is 100% from farms and bot but it can be minimized.

I'm not a crypto coder. All that I can offer in support is time and/or money. My vacation is about to end so time is not available so I'll offer to pay the cost of getting a block explorer up and running. That would not happen until the source code is on GIT. There is a guy that I have used before who does a bang up job. I'll give you the API to add in the Developers comments to it.

Here is his site:

http://cryptocoinexplorer.com/

There is an annual subscription fee (forget what it is now) but hopefully donations will keep it up after the first year subscription ends.

Let me know what you think.

OK, I have been pm'ing a few people to see where we are on what you have said, It looks like I might go for the x11 Algo, Slightly faster over x13/x15 <-- these just have a few more blocks on the end, Nothing too major.

I would love any work you can do to help this, Feel free to sort something out about the blockchain when source code is out, this would be more transparent if I was not the middleman, The less money I can touch the more I can prove to the community  Grin

On a side note to everyone, Keep an eye out on OP for artwork, I would love people to help by just putting it in sigs and any web pages you control, Probably just linking to this thread for now, I will be getting something sorted as a "hub" soon.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:24:19 PM

Well if it is made for me, I hope that it excludes ASICs for at least the first year. It would be nice for it to be a GPU coin to eliminate the CPU botnet. Nothing is 100% from farms and bot but it can be minimized.

I'm not a crypto coder. All that I can offer in support is time and/or money. My vacation is about to end so time is not available so I'll offer to pay the cost of getting a block explorer up and running. That would not happen until the source code is on GIT. There is a guy that I have used before who does a bang up job. I'll give you the API to add in the Developers comments to it.

Here is his site:

http://cryptocoinexplorer.com/

There is an annual subscription fee (forget what it is now) but hopefully donations will keep it up after the first year subscription ends.

Let me know what you think.

OK, I have been pm'ing a few people to see where we are on what you have said, It looks like I might go for the x11 Algo, Slightly faster over x13/x15 <-- these just have a few more blocks on the end, Nothing too major.

I would love any work you can do to help this, Feel free to sort something out about the blockchain when source code is out, this would be more transparent if I was not the middleman, The less money I can touch the more I can prove to the community  Grin

On a side note to everyone, Keep an eye out on OP for artwork, I would love people to help by just putting it in sigs and any web pages you control, Probably just linking to this thread for now, I will be getting something sorted as a "hub" soon.

I picture Himalaya Mountains during a blizzard with a Yeti holding a pick axe Smiley

As for the blockchain I commit to funding it 100%. I will get it up and running and the custom message can be given to me to insert. That way you are 100% hands off. If after the first year the community wants to appoint a keeper of the blockchain I will hand the keys over. Contact me through PM when the sourcecode is on GIT just in case I disappear for a week or two on here.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:21:44 PM

You should tackle Proof of Stake if you want your coin to last, If you choose your x11 mining or really any other POW it will not matter whether or not you have a premine because the constant selling pressure will eventually drop the coin to nothing.

Make a POW/POS coin with a fast POW distribution and mine all the POW coins from it. Make the POS with higher fees and pools a portion of Stake to a central fund. Balance the Stake % per year along with fee generation and how it pools for funding so that all holders will always have the advantage. Give away/sell 99% of the Coins so you have a backup of 10-15 BTC for Development of Pools, Wesites, Nodes, Wallets and any coding emergencies. Use the pooling fund for general advancement of the Coin instead of trying to rely of donations, 10-15 BTC is fine for an IPO for it as long as you have an open ledger of your uses for it and a fund that pools over time is fine because if there is not much in the fund, even if you were selling it all off it wouldn't affect the market much and wouldn't amount to much profit unless sold consistently over time in which case if you were doing it for your own personal gain, everyone would be aware of it and sell their coins so it would really only amount to killing your own credibility you've worked so hard to create.

Just a few things to think about, hope it helps.
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:24:43 AM

Just use X11 PoW/PoS like Vootcoin.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:00:35 PM

wait for the update from dev now/
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:16:58 PM

Just use X11 PoW/PoS like Vootcoin.

Leaning that way I think

wait for the update from dev now/

Still not quite there, I need ideas for coin stats, Amount/reward/block time, Open to ideas.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:29:24 PM

Competition up for artwork on the coin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=765396.0
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:21:43 PM

Good to see, Hero Member trying to bring new coin.

I will keep an eye on your coin and may be invest some because of your rank.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
logocreator
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

www.cryptodesign.cc

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 10:56:57 PM

Submitted some artworks: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=765396.msg8630652#msg8630652

squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:43:19 PM

Thanks there are some nice ones on there!

I have set an end date of Friday, 5th midday, UK time (GMT) as We need to keep this moving.

I'm trying not to poo-poo other coins or hype this one too much, But I really have a lot of steam behind this now, There are alot of crap coins out there, I really feel this is going to end alot of them, As this coin is not going to have a "majority shareholder"

Knowledge is power people, Thanks for the support.

Still would like some votes on coin amount and block times?
yuio

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:25:53 PM

Maybe limit hashrate like MINERALS ?
Coins amount ... not so big ... 100K or 1M ?
Block time ... 2 min ?
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:59:32 PM

Block time ... 2 min ?

I did consider limiting hashrate, I'm not sure, As I do think it will lock out people down the line who want in, Anyone else want to share a view?

What about 500K

2 and a half min block time?
SnjafSnjaf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:50:12 PM

Block time ... 2 min ?

I did consider limiting hashrate, I'm not sure, As I do think it will lock out people down the line who want in, Anyone else want to share a view?

What about 500K

My opinion is to ditch limitation, you will ruin coin and won't get enough support!
Regarding coin number, i am more for 1 mil and 150 sec block time - You want stable coin and not to slow so my opinion is that 150sec is good. Then again, i am not some kick ass coder to know what is the best.

EDIT: If you are going to do POW/POS do at least 15 days of mining, anything shorter will be raped with big farms and rentals so distribution won't be good. 
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:57:31 PM

Block time ... 2 min ?

What about 500K

Look fine, even if it will 1 Million, there is nothing wrong in it.
Block time is looks perfect.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:28:43 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 01:02:52 AM by squall1066

Block time ... 2 min ?

What about 500K

My opinion is to ditch limitation, you will ruin coin and won't get enough support!
Regarding coin number, i am more for 1 mil and 150 sec block time - You want stable coin and not to slow so my opinion is that 150sec is good. Then again, i am not some kick ass coder to know what is the best.

EDIT: If you are going to do POW/POS do at least 15 days of mining, anything shorter will be raped with big farms and rentals so distribution won't be good.

I agree against limitation, And so do others I chat too.

If it's PoW/PoS I don't even want to do a premine, I want everyone on it from day one, I am worried about people farming it, But I still think thats better than the alternative, It will be chaos at first, But I think it will be worth it.

Anyone else want to jump in with some figures, I think too many with too short a block time creates havoc on the network in the later days, I am thinking of the long haul, Plus this would feel like flooding everyone with coins, If it's a little rarer, It might be more sought after?

The art work comp finishes on Friday, I (hopefully) will be releasing this coin into the wild a week or so after, I still really need lots of input as to stats, I'm open and willing to listen to YOUR needs  Grin

If anyone like a particular look of art on the other thread, Feel free to post there, It's your baby as much as it's mine.

Last note - If anyone has spare sig space to donate, Please link here, We are nearly there! But we need as many people to know as possible, Lets see if we can save someone some IPO money  Roll Eyes Thanks to everyone making YOUR coin possible.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:51:55 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 10:14:00 PM by Crestington

Block time ... 2 min ?

What about 500K

I agree against limitation, And so do others I chat too.

If it's PoW/PoS I don't even want to do a premine, I want everyone on it from day one, I am worried about people farming it, But I still think thats better than the alternative, It will be chaos at first, But I think it will be worth it.

Anyone else want to jump in with some figures, I think too many with too short a block time creates havoc on the network in the later days, I am thinking of the long haul, Plus this would feel like flooding everyone with coins, If it's a little rarer, It might be more sought after?

The art work comp finishes on Friday, I (hopefully) will be releasing this coin into the wild a week or so after, I still really need lots of input as to stats, I'm open and willing to listen to YOUR needs  Grin

If anyone like a particular look of art on the other thread, Feel free to post there, It's your baby as much as it's mine.

Last note - If anyone has spare sig space to donate, Please link here, We are nearly there! But we need as many people to know as possible, Lets see if we can save someone some IPO money  Roll Eyes Thanks to everyone making YOUR coin possible.

If you want something like that you should look at Reddcoin with Kimoto gravity well for the POW distribution. Stay away from Super Blocks, no reason to have something people can game and if doing a shorter or medium POW phase then start out with a low reward and move up. I'm not sure how you would deal with people farming it though, and what would your plan be in order to pay for services and development?

Too few coins are not good because they seem so expensive that they are sold down to nothing, too many coins (500 Billion+) and your coin can only ever trade at a minimum on the exchanges. I've had this discussion in great detail and I think people in general like dealing in whole coins and many coins over pieces of a coin so for something like you want for a store of value, I'd suggest 1-50 million.

If you are going POW/POS with a fast distribution, I hope you really understand how Proof of Stake works because Coins = Hash Power and you have to make it so people want to always keep their wallet online to Stake.
Battareus

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:17:50 PM

500k total amount or "Block reward - 500K"?  Huh
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:01:52 PM

@ squall1066

Would you be interested in helping me revamp Colossuscoin? At my disposal I have access to forums with resources and guides, test forums, marketing strategies, links to exchanges, compiling in Linux and Windows, transaction tools, nodes and seednodes, a working test coin, virtual GUI desktops in the cloud and can use Github.

I need help in putting the Blockchain and Wallet together as well as other people to help manage funds for development, contact me if you are interested I have some pretty cool stuff I can show you.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:32:08 PM

WE have a pool up people, It's a pre register!!

http://squall.minerpools.com/index.php?page=register
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:43:32 PM

500k total amount or "Block reward - 500K"?  Huh

Yes, My bad! LOL

I have updated OP to reflect:-

Total coinage is 500K block reward is 100 coins, I now would like feedback on wether to have a block reduction? or start higher? Or even lower and have MORE coins as time goes on?

@ squall1066

Would you be interested in helping me revamp Colossuscoin? At my disposal I have access to forums with resources and guides, test forums, marketing strategies, links to exchanges, compiling in Linux and Windows, transaction tools, nodes and seednodes, a working test coin, virtual GUI desktops in the cloud and can use Github.

I need help in putting the Blockchain and Wallet together as well as other people to help manage funds for development, contact me if you are interested I have some pretty cool stuff I can show you.

With the greatest respect, I am souly working on my coin ATM, I really have no time with work and real life stuff going on.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: