Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:50:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best & Fastest PoS Coin to Clone  (Read 2743 times)
CrowdWhale (OP)

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

Twitter: @CrowdWhale

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:19:42 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 12:46:05 AM by CrowdWhale

I'm rereleasing an online RPG and world-SIM this fall, and I've decided the best way to fund the work and infrastructure is through crypto. The idea is to find the best coin for the job, clone it, and then release it as a sort of IPO. The game will accept this coin as payment, and I have another, larger project which will also use it next year. I'm less concerned with anonymity and most concerned with transaction speed and stability. A coin that you could use for point of sale and not worry about forks. I will, actually, most likely do a point of sale system with it aimed at outdoor vendors.

I'd like to hear the BCT community's thoughts on the best coin to be cloned for this scenario. Thanks! =)

https://www.facebook.com/towrpg
Jason Catalyst AKA MeshCents AKA @CrowdWhale AKA @EarthAssembly
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:49:38 AM

I'm rereleasing an online RPG and world-SIM this fall, and I've decided the best way to fund the work and infrastructure is through crypto. The idea is to find the best coin for the job, clone it, and then release it as a sort of IPO. The game will accept this coin as payment, and I have another, larger project which will also use it next year. I'm less concerned with anonymity and most concerned with transaction speed and stability. A coin that you could use for point of sale and not worry about forks. I will, actually, most likely do a point of sale system with it aimed at outdoor vendors.

I'd like to hear the BCT community's thoughts on the best coin to be cloned for this scenario. Thanks! =)

Jason Catalyst AKA MeshCents AKA @CrowdWhale AKA @EarthAssembly

Instead of cloning why not work with a PoS coin/team that has already launched?  Try reaching out to someone like the BitShares team to see if you could partner and build the "coin" your looking for.
CrowdWhale (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:42:49 AM

Because I'm also a coder and intend to heavily modify/upgrade it. For instance, I might want to explore a system of destructive transaction fees to offset the interest. I also considered a Blake256 merge mined with destructive tx fees.
brekyrself

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:47:38 AM

Because I'm also a coder and intend to heavily modify/upgrade it. For instance, I might want to explore a system of destructive transaction fees to offset the interest. I also considered a Blake256 merge mined with destructive tx fees.

BitSharesX is open source and anyone can use their toolkit as long as they honor the social contract of air dropping at least 10% to PTS and AGS holders.  They also destroy the tx fee's...  10 second blocks, built in asset exchange, send to names instead of addresses, etc... 

Easy non technical background on BitShares and the market features
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7628.0

Start here to read the background on DPOS algorithm:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/DPOS

Continue here to read about the security and simplicity of sending to names instead of addresses:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/TITAN

Listen to this episode from a few weeks back:
Let's talk Bitcoin! episode 129.  Starts around 12 minute mark with the lead dev Dan.  Great listen.
http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-129-dogeparty-and-delegated-proof-of-stake

Which leads to the asset exchange:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares_X

Finally finish up with this to really get you thinking about where bitcoin ideology will go:
http://bitshares.org/overstock-to-cryptostock/
fudge

Activity: 666
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:50:38 AM

Try reaching out to someone like the BitSharesX
+1

Haшa гpyшa нaйpoзкopчyмaкyвaтiшa!
Ximp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

CS Student - BC Logo Guy

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:51:32 AM

How about you answer his question instead of advertising. OP, BC's source is now updated to a more secure version of PoS so if you forked that I think it would work well for your needs.
brekyrself

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:09:23 AM

How about you answer his question instead of advertising. OP, BC's source is now updated to a more secure version of PoS so if you forked that I think it would work well for your needs.

I did answer his question and there is a reason why BTSX is number 3 on coinmarketcap.com.  Please provide some info on why BC's source is more secure now, I'm all ears to read about the latest info.
CrowdWhale (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:16:59 AM

BitShares is certainly interesting, but a bit complex for what I'm doing. I'm also not sure how I'd turn that into an IPO for Thorns of War.

BlackCoin is an option to consider.

It needs to be fast and stable and work like a charm right out of the box. I'm very much more focused on building value through merchant adoption (including my own) rather than fancy features. I don't see many people needing anonymity to play a game or to buy pad thai at a food cart.

* Fast
* Stable
* Reliable

Has anyone ever done a guaranteed buyback? Like, you buy an IPO coin at 100 sats and a bot automatically places a bid at 99 sats? The idea intrigues me, but perhaps a topic for another thread.
Ximp

CS Student - BC Logo Guy

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:56:29 AM

I did answer his question and there is a reason why BTSX is number 3 on coinmarketcap.com.  Please provide some info on why BC's source is more secure now, I'm all ears to read about the latest info.

Haha, I'm not trying to shill BC. He wasn't asking what coins are ranked what. Feel free to go educate yourself and read the updated whitepaper. Smiley
CrowdWhale (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:58:12 PM

Any other opinions?
devphp

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:17:29 PM

Release your IPO on NXT Asset Exchange. Make sure you make a nice presentation though, investors need to be well convinced you're not a scammer before purchasing your asset. Approximate cost to issue an asset ~$30. This will solve the issue of funding and also distribution of your coin. Asset units = coins in whatever form you will decide to release them later.
CrowdWhale (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:04:06 PM

Will consider that.

For the record, this game is finished (or was before the revamp began) and had been online with paying players for several years. My websites also are not anonymous, so it's very easy to verify this isn't a scam.

The game is called Thorns of War.
devphp

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:08:51 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 04:37:32 AM by devphp

Will consider that.

For the record, this game is finished (or was before the revamp began) and had been online with paying players for several years. My websites also are not anonymous, so it's very easy to verify this isn't a scam.

The game is called Thorns of War.

That's even better, you'll find investors quickly then. Especially if the game is interesting and there are profits to be made in it. You just need to present your vision on how you're going to make it profitable for investors, that's what they mostly expect and consider some funding is in your pocket. Make sure you disclose identity details too when you make a presentation, this raises trust a lot higher than anonymous fundraiser.

Hint: don't call it IPO, and asset units, call them 'coins', not shares. This could rid of some future legal issues.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 04:32:55 AM

If you are planning on running this from the US I very highly suggest you go against anonymity for your eventual customers of the game and other services

The AML and KYC laws are fairly strict. Sure it's easy to ignore them, but it is even easier to kill a business by doing so if (when) you get caught

CrowdWhale (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:58:59 AM

I'm not anonymous at all.

http://whois.domaintools.com/thornsofwar.com
Jason Medley
Portland, OR

https://www.facebook.com/worldfusiondj
https://www.facebook.com/earthassembly
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 05:50:42 AM

I meant anon features in the coin you accept

CrowdWhale (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:57:39 AM

Oh, I'm not too interested in anon. Not sure why anyone would care about payments to online games. =)

I also intend to move to a different country once I'm somewhat established and can afford to. The U.S. has turned into a craphole.
CrowdWhale (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:44:45 PM

One last bump for suggestions.

I'm looking for FAST, STABLE, SECURE. "Features" are all back seat. This coin has one job to perform... quick and reliable wealth transfer.
brekyrself

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:25:24 PM

I'm looking for FAST, STABLE, SECURE. "Features" are all back seat. This coin has one job to perform... quick and reliable wealth transfer.

I'd still look at BitShares and just use the DPoS part without any of the exchange etc...  10 second blocks with high security.  Worth a shot to even reach out to their dev team and see if they can assist.
Ximp

CS Student - BC Logo Guy

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:35:26 PM

You can just run the nodes yourself and insure nobody else connects to the network. It would be centralized but it doesn't hurt anything if it's just for the game.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: