Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:48:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Come discuss the Bit Drop, the plan to give every person on Caribbean Island BTC  (Read 2029 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:05:19 PM

I have a friend that's planning a vacation there sometime next March. He is planning to stand on the street with a sign offering to buy the coins immediately for cash. He is going to offer 50% of the current value for the coins and give cash immediately to anyone that transfers them to his wallet. He's already set up two exchange accounts to deal with the coin. This fund is going to "drop" a lot of cash in my friends pocket. I wonder how much of it he'll be able to capture? lol
Probably a lot. In the past, people who received coins via air drops have more or less sold them as quickly as they can. Your friend could likely offer less then 50% as many people would likely not go through the hassle of setting up an account on an exchange just for $10

Yeah, he's a shyster. I met him at the Rotary Club ages ago. He owns a couple of pawn shops. Funny that his shyster ass (love you Doug  Kiss) is one of the few friends that I have that I was able to convince to use Bitcoin. We started talking about them giving away Bitcoins. He said those idiots won't know what to do with them and they'll probably just trash them. He was planning a vacation to Nassau next year anyway and he thought he would see if he could pay for part of his vacation.

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mars not Moon

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:00:15 PM

I think this drop will create war like situations. People will fight for money..

Or it will lie everywhere like dirt!
BanksWorstFear (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:08:59 PM

Which plan would benefit the acceptance of Bitcoin more?

• Give every person on a Caribbean Island some Bitcoins
  • Use the same amount of Bitcoins and announce that it will be randomly given to one new Bitcoin wallet address on the blockchain that contains a minimum balance (anywhere in the world) during a specified one year period.

The first option is primarily a spectator sport.  The second option encourages and rewards downloads of Bitcoin wallets, and funding them.

I think the Bit Drop is more beneficial.
1. It is creating a very dense population of people who will 'all' have bitcoin; at the least a large chunk. Who doesnt want free $?
2. It will be a testbed for nearly every piece of bitcoin technology; bitcoin via SMS, Bitcoin ATM deployment and use, POS systems...etc.
3. It will show the charity of the bitcoin community; giving away bitcoins for free
4. It will show the coordination of the bitcoin community to coordinate with the Dominica Government

findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:53:10 PM

Who doesnt want free $?

Make up your mind. Is it BTC or is it $?
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:55:37 PM

Are you serious or it's only a joking ?? I'm sorry but i'm on the other side of the world and  I can not come to the party   .
crazyALT47

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:20:02 PM

I have a friend that's planning a vacation there sometime next March. He is planning to stand on the street with a sign offering to buy the coins immediately for cash. He is going to offer 50% of the current value for the coins and give cash immediately to anyone that transfers them to his wallet. He's already set up two exchange accounts to deal with the coin. This fund is going to "drop" a lot of cash in my friends pocket. I wonder how much of it he'll be able to capture? lol
Probably a lot. In the past, people who received coins via air drops have more or less sold them as quickly as they can. Your friend could likely offer less then 50% as many people would likely not go through the hassle of setting up an account on an exchange just for $10
I would think that a lot of people will not even understand how to transfer the bitcoin from their wallet (or however they are given the bitcoin) to Authoriy's friend. He would probably need to spend more time explaining how to make this transfer to each person then $5 would be worth.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:25:17 PM

I would think that a lot of people will not even understand how to transfer the bitcoin from their wallet (or however they are given the bitcoin) to Authoriy's friend. He would probably need to spend more time explaining how to make this transfer to each person then $5 would be worth.

I think he's counting on Coinapult to solve that problem for him.

BanksWorstFear (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:14:13 PM

For any poor people or newbies I'm giving away $0.25 in bits (bitcoin) to engage in the bitdrop subreddit:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=765470.0

BanksWorstFear (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:03:07 AM

Because of these actions to help promote the Bit Drop and encourage participation in the subreddit;

Reddit banned my entire site from the entire Reddit.com:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=771955.msg8708044#msg8708044

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:16:17 AM

You fucked up. Read the rules first next time.

What constitutes vote cheating and vote manipulation?
Besides spam, the other big no-no is to try to manipulate voting by any means: manual, mechanical, or otherwise. We're not going to post an exhaustive list of forbidden tactics (lest we give people ideas), but some major ones are:

Don't use shill or multiple accounts, voting services, or any other software to increase votes for submissions

Don't ask other users to vote on certain posts, either on reddit itself or anywhere else (through Twitter, Facebook, IM programs, IRC, etc.)

Don't be part of a "voting clique" or "vote ring"

You should not ask for votes on reddit, even on your twitter or blog or forum - it will get your account banned, and in extreme cases can get your domain banned

A voting clique is a group of people who send links to their submissions around via message, IM, or any other means, with the expectation of "you guys vote for my stuff and I'll vote for yours." A "vote ring" is a group of people who agree to vote on certain things together, either a specific submission, a user, a domain, or anything like that. Upvote each submission or content for the value of the information in it, a variety of things that you think are interesting and will benefit the community.

You may never offer money or compensation to anyone to promote anything on reddit for you. Things should be submitted on reddit by redditors who have found your content organically and submitted it because they found it interesting. You should never run a contest to see "who can get a link highest on reddit" or ask anyone to submit links on your behalf.

You should not spam in any way, especially through private message. You should not hide your affiliation to your project or site, or lie about who you are or why you like something. You should never, ever buy votes or ask for votes - if your stuff is good enough, people will vote for it naturally. If all of your employees or contributors vote on all of your links, their accounts and possibly your domain will be banned.

Don't pull some sort of sockpuppet viral marketing shit on reddit. It's tacky and cheap, and detracts from your brand. Additionally, it can get your domain or brand banned from reddit, and these things have a tendency to go viral and create a backlash against you. Be authentic and honest and things will go much better for you.

BanksWorstFear (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:28:07 AM

You fucked up. Read the rules first next time.

What constitutes vote cheating and vote manipulation?
Besides spam, the other big no-no is to try to manipulate voting by any means: manual, mechanical, or otherwise. We're not going to post an exhaustive list of forbidden tactics (lest we give people ideas), but some major ones are:

Don't use shill or multiple accounts, voting services, or any other software to increase votes for submissions

Don't ask other users to vote on certain posts, either on reddit itself or anywhere else (through Twitter, Facebook, IM programs, IRC, etc.)

Don't be part of a "voting clique" or "vote ring"

You should not ask for votes on reddit, even on your twitter or blog or forum - it will get your account banned, and in extreme cases can get your domain banned

A voting clique is a group of people who send links to their submissions around via message, IM, or any other means, with the expectation of "you guys vote for my stuff and I'll vote for yours." A "vote ring" is a group of people who agree to vote on certain things together, either a specific submission, a user, a domain, or anything like that. Upvote each submission or content for the value of the information in it, a variety of things that you think are interesting and will benefit the community.

You may never offer money or compensation to anyone to promote anything on reddit for you. Things should be submitted on reddit by redditors who have found your content organically and submitted it because they found it interesting. You should never run a contest to see "who can get a link highest on reddit" or ask anyone to submit links on your behalf.

You should not spam in any way, especially through private message. You should not hide your affiliation to your project or site, or lie about who you are or why you like something. You should never, ever buy votes or ask for votes - if your stuff is good enough, people will vote for it naturally. If all of your employees or contributors vote on all of your links, their accounts and possibly your domain will be banned.

Don't pull some sort of sockpuppet viral marketing shit on reddit. It's tacky and cheap, and detracts from your brand. Additionally, it can get your domain or brand banned from reddit, and these things have a tendency to go viral and create a backlash against you. Be authentic and honest and things will go much better for you.

I made the damn subreddit I was promoting. The thing had nothing to do with my website so what justifies their action to ban a website I own?

They're thinking just like government that having a rule to ban or regulate something will stop what they don't want.

NO. It shuts out anyone caught; and the big players can usually find the best way to manipulate unseen. They're the winners.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: