Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:32:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any one play with DIY drones ??  (Read 2843 times)
der_troll

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:44:04 PM

Very interesting, but for people located in a city it's a rather dangerous endeavour. I also believe that they're effectively prohibited in many areas due to air traffic regulations or other laws in place. I'd check with the authorities first, to be safe!

It's dangerous if you don't know what you are doing Smiley
CozyLife

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Theymos, unban my account.

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 12:23:42 AM

I'll be getting this one: http://www.smarthome.com/parrot-ar-drone-2-0-elite-edition-quadricopter-with-hd-camera-jungle.html

It seems like it'll be a lot of fun, but right now it's not on my high priorities list, though.

Due to an article that BitcoinTalk didn't like that I wrote on CCN, my account is banned. Theymos refuses to reply to my request for hearing his side of the story instead of banning my account. Please sign my petition to get Theymos to unban my account. Thank you.
Justin00 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:30:26 AM

Ah yeah I was going to get one very similar Smiley That ones looks like it is made nice and sturdy / durable.
Dunno why... but I reallly wanted one with autopilot/gps... In hindsight I should of got a slightly cheaper one just to practice with.

From my 2 hours experience lol I'd say one of the most important features is having some kinda directional guidance.. just so you can actually see which way the bloody thing is pointing. One mine you can see on the phone app which direction shes pointing.

Been bloody windy the last 2 days... annoyed cause I want to play with it and make some videos Sad

Hmmm no where is that nude beach... i kid i kid.... :p

I'll be getting this one: http://www.smarthome.com/parrot-ar-drone-2-0-elite-edition-quadricopter-with-hd-camera-jungle.html

It seems like it'll be a lot of fun, but right now it's not on my high priorities list, though.

Justin00 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:32:48 AM

And yeah (in .AU) it is prohibited in backyards, built up areas, ovals with people playing in them... basically any where where it is fun to fly.. and with good reason ! Fly her into a car, helicopter, plane engine and gonna be spending 10-15 years thinking about never doing it again (well that and the rapings)

Very interesting, but for people located in a city it's a rather dangerous endeavour. I also believe that they're effectively prohibited in many areas due to air traffic regulations or other laws in place. I'd check with the authorities first, to be safe!

It's dangerous if you don't know what you are doing Smiley

munsey

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:37:31 AM

Maybe is because am still new here so i did not know what is called DIY drones can somebody please explain it to me.
Justin00 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:14:18 PM

lol I dunno why I called it that either...
It is pretty far from DIY.
You basically just unbox it.. and off it goes.....

Originally I was expecting it to  be alot more modular.. yo know.. get the drone part.. then buy the gps then this bit and that... and probably having to wire it up yourself etc etc... You can go down that DIY/modular path but the prices are more inline with if you are needing it for Military use to spy on countries :p

Justin00 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 04:18:53 AM

loving the drone
took her upto 400feet!!!

gonna upload some vids soon... Probably shouldn't take it up so high... I know planes can fly at 500 feet lol.. so yeah.. might be umm.. not good!

My only 2 problems are birds chase !! and dogs try to attack it when it comes in to land.

goto say... its a bit of a chick magnet... who would of thought :p
this hottie (real hottie.. not a IT hottie) was like.. oh is this the blah blah blah model I was going to get it.. blah blah... amazing! :]

CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:07:33 PM

I have the power edition.

OMG these things are fun.
However I don't get much satisfaction with the batteries I got.
I get 36 minutes with both of them.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 2201

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 05:27:40 PM

Why not buy batteries with a higher mAh rate that match your quadcopter? My quadcopter (a Syma X5C, very small, light and basic) only flies 7 minutes with the ones I got (500 mAh). I just recently bought 600 mAh and 750 mAh batteries and it makes a huge difference. I can now fly around 10 and 13 minutes, which might not sound a lot, but for a quadcopter with almost no space for a bigger battery it's amazing. Grin

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
samaricanin

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:32:20 PM

I plan to buy one  Grin

CrackedLogic
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:48:00 PM

Why not buy batteries with a higher mAh rate that match your quadcopter? My quadcopter (a Syma X5C, very small, light and basic) only flies 7 minutes with the ones I got (500 mAh). I just recently bought 600 mAh and 750 mAh batteries and it makes a huge difference. I can now fly around 10 and 13 minutes, which might not sound a lot, but for a quadcopter with almost no space for a bigger battery it's amazing. Grin

I have the official Parrot 1500mAh batteries.  I don't think there's anything else higher.

jontrue

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:10:45 PM

I plan to buy one  Grin

buy two ..  Grin  Grin  Grin
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:26:21 PM

I have the official Parrot 1500mAh batteries.  I don't think there's anything else higher.
Always feel leery about buying something from eBay, but there are larger batteries specifically made for Parrot drones, fwiw. http://www.ebay.com/itm/PARROT-AR-DRONE-2-0-UPGRADE-BATTERY-GiFi-Power-Li-Po-/121329881566?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item1c3fd311de (there's probably a non-eBay seller somewhere)
Justin00 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 04:05:55 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 03:17:12 AM by Justin00

Yeah I've switched to "naza" mode now... never fly it to far away yet.. always make it come back when 2-3 minutes left..
once that runs out you still have a few mins, but ya it might try auto land.

Be careful with the Phantom, when battery runs low the auto landing might cause problems. Otherwise nice toy.

There is a known problem with the GPS on the Phantoms though.. it has problems finding sats and its worse when video is on... sometimes it takes a while to find 6+... it needs 6+ to on GPS mode..
I don't do much auto flying yet, but ya if it needs to come 'home' it will only do it with 6+ GPS...
The video transmitter seems to interfere with the GPS... need to take the lid off which is easy, and shield the GPS with some alum tape..
apparently it shields/fixs it up nicely... going to get some alum tape tomorrow to try it.

My battery also 5200mah (*edit* wrote 1500 orig for some reason).. got 2 of them which is good.. only takes like 20-30 minutes to charge (and runs for 20 minutes).. there expensive tho, like around $180AUD Sad

I like how the Phantom people litterally sell all the parts... makes it easy to tinker around.. need to do that anways to make sure all the connections are mice and tight and motors running ok after each few flights.

If anyone is interested in getting one but doesn't want the video get the "non vision" version... heeaaps more fun with FPV. though...good thing is you can get the video latter if you wantor upgrade any part. faster motors etc etc.. found a a new forum to go on.... BTC price dropping anyways  Tongue

Justin00 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:04:55 AM

Still loving the drone... I may or may not have have reached 1000ft altitude with a small antenna mod :p
It was in a regional area with no air traffic...

Was flying around at 200ft in a park the other day.. helicopter comes out of no where (private heli, not cops) and the bastard lowers from maybe 800-100ft to 300 and circles around the drone.. the barstard was clearly trying to make it crash... it actually flew from a while away to where I was.... purposefully to take down my drone!! Anyways 400ft is legal limit so I was doing nothing wrong.

Anyways he was breaking the law by flying under 500ft in a built up area... and little did he know I have a camera attached and was filming what he was doing... He was basically flying vertically trying to get his prop wash or whatever  to make air turbulant to crash me...

Sent the video into CASA (Aus aviation gov place) and they are investigating... They are not very pleased at all at what he was doing.... His "attack" angle is incredibly dangerous.

On the one hand I feel bad because he will probably loose his licence or get a huge fine...  but on the other a) he was flying 300ft above a public park b) trying to crash my expensive drone

Anyways... once investigation is over I'll post up the video.. Its quite amazing to see a heli flying vertically in circles.. its hard to explain...
but normally a heli flies horizontally lol... like this        ------    this bastard was flying like this  \

Tall tree's around as well so he's a retarded idiot putting his own life at risk, as well as others in the area.

grouper fish

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:59:25 AM

looking forward to that video, sounds crazy..  Angry

I have wanted to get a drone for almost a year but never really had the money.

Been looking at a drone from http://team-blacksheep.com/ , they also have some fun videos on there.

CrackedLogic
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:57:13 AM

Always feel leery about buying something from eBay, but there are larger batteries specifically made for Parrot drones, fwiw. http://www.ebay.com/itm/PARROT-AR-DRONE-2-0-UPGRADE-BATTERY-GiFi-Power-Li-Po-/121329881566?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item1c3fd311de (there's probably a non-eBay seller somewhere)

Wow that's pretty cheap for what I can get the official 1500 batteries for.  Going to get some.

BJay87

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

*Bitcoin Betting*

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:00:19 PM

Ive seen one used by a Photography company. Its pretty cool how he used the drone in taking pictures and video.

CrackedLogic
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:05:08 PM

Was flying around at 200ft in a park the other day.. helicopter comes out of no where (private heli, not cops) and the bastard lowers from maybe 800-100ft to 300 and circles around the drone.. the barstard was clearly trying to make it crash... it actually flew from a while away to where I was.... purposefully to take down my drone!! Anyways 400ft is legal limit so I was doing nothing wrong.

Anyways he was breaking the law by flying under 500ft in a built up area... and little did he know I have a camera attached and was filming what he was doing... He was basically flying vertically trying to get his prop wash or whatever  to make air turbulant to crash me...

Sent the video into CASA (Aus aviation gov place) and they are investigating... They are not very pleased at all at what he was doing.... His "attack" angle is incredibly dangerous.

On the one hand I feel bad because he will probably loose his licence or get a huge fine...  but on the other a) he was flying 300ft above a public park b) trying to crash my expensive drone

Anyways... once investigation is over I'll post up the video.. Its quite amazing to see a heli flying vertically in circles.. its hard to explain...
but normally a heli flies horizontally lol... like this        ------    this bastard was flying like this  \

Tall tree's around as well so he's a retarded idiot putting his own life at risk, as well as others in the area.

Wow, what's wrong with these people?

I really want to see that video

Justin00 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:51:14 PM

Video is now primary evidence in criminal case.... should be ready to be released..... 2018 :p

I don't have to goto court or anything... but yeah.. have been told if I release video I'll be in a lot of trouble. They did tell me once its all over I can...
Not looking good for the heli pilot... appears as if they are going after more than his license.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: