Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:32:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: POLL: Do you think we will break into $3xx today?
Lowest $450 - 16 (15.4%)
YES - 20 (19.2%)
NO - 68 (65.4%)
Total Voters: 104

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Will we drop to sub $400 today? Inside info about GABI shorting BTC?  (Read 5080 times)
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:14:30 PM

The lack of new bad news (since April) from China puzzles me. But maybe the PBoC wants the bubble to deflate gracefully, to avoid social unrest.
I don't think that the PBoC is paying attention to bitcoin anymore.  They have blocked all uses that could matter to them, namely as currency of commerce, as investment instrument, and as alternative to official banks.  Bitcoin in China is now just a gambling tool -- and the PBoC does not care about gambling.

If Chinese citizens use bitcoins to move their money out of China, that is actually good for China's economy because it means that foreigners who buy the worthless bitcoins from the Chinese for dollars are paying for their citizens' expenses abroad.  The reverse traffic (foreigners selling bitcoins at the Chinese exchanges and withdrawing the CNY) must be too small to worry.

Other Chinese government agencies may still be worried about uses of biitcoin for illegal commerce, bribery, subversion, etc..  The consumer protection entities may be worried about people believing in moontalk and losing their savings.  However, those agencies already forced the exchanges to use strict KYC/AML procedures, and forbade them to aggressively market bitcoin to the public.  Presumably they are satisfied with the status quo too.

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:14:15 PM

must be the newegg labor sale
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:42:07 PM

It is amazing how a period of stagnation can suddenly correlate to the long term failure of Bitcoin...   Roll Eyes 
I'm truly impressed by the approach and timing of these threads but the lack luster amount of facts given by the OP is just too much for me to ignore.  Even if the price goes to $400 so what?  What has been proven other then a predicitoin for a single day?  Don't people deserve more information then OP is willing to give them in order to be taken seriously?
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:25:30 PM

Death of bitcoin is inevitable, but timing is hard to predict. It could be hours, days, maybe even weeks before it finally collapses.
exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:36:18 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 10:53:17 PM by exocytosis

Isn't Coinbase or something pulling a Gox as well?

I've been offline for a couple of days. I just logged on and noticed that BTC had crashed again, thus activating and filling a buy order I foolishly had placed a bit too high, since I've been way too bullish on Bitcoin lately.

EDIT: Phew ... I was wrong. My order was actually placed a bit lower than I thought, just barely low enough to not be activated. So I'm gonna pull it now, and place it somewhere sub-400 instead, since we're going very low near-term, due to the impending collapse of Coinbase and several other BTC entities.

sx100

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:07:48 PM

I heard they recently ran out of bitcoins, but I've not heard anything about them pulling a Gox. Where did you hear that?
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:54:01 AM

I heard they recently ran out of bitcoins, but I've not heard anything about them pulling a Gox. Where did you hear that?

So many newbie account bears & trolls are being made. My only question in regards to them all is how many are owned by falllling?

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 02:33:55 AM

Bitcoin will never again drop below $425 for more than a few seconds at a time.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
falllling (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:35:23 AM

any one think that GABI is going to short bitcoin with their $200 million dollars?
fonsie

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:19:18 AM

any one think that GABI is going to short bitcoin with their $200 million dollars?

NO, it is confirmed by a source inside GABI.

I decided to no longer use a signature, because people were trolling me about it.
sx100

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:27:17 AM

20% in one day? Who on earth would bet on something like this happening?

Somebody stupid like fallling, that's what he did and now he's talking or at least he's trying to talk the price down, so he can buy as much BTC with the money he got from picking up cans at the side of the road.

How much can you earn by picking up cans at the side of the road? There is a guy round our way who does it.
nemo

Activity: 500
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:38:42 AM

If we see $200 itll only be for a second. Too many of us would sell everything that we own and buy as many bitcoins at that price as we could. Then again, china gave us our most massive pump. They're also the biggest miners and could give us the biggest squeeze. I wouldn't mind a few months of a $200 bitcoin.
kutaka

Activity: 97

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:59:58 AM

If we see $200 itll only be for a second. Too many of us would sell everything that we own and buy as many bitcoins at that price as we could. Then again, china gave us our most massive pump. They're also the biggest miners and could give us the biggest squeeze. I wouldn't mind a few months of a $200 bitcoin.
Same here. Sometimes I think that I wouldn't mind if 200$ were kept until next halving. I always wanna cry when I see how much money is pumped into mining, with reduced rewards maybe some miners would switch off and some shady asic companies would fall.
sx100

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:10:20 AM

Same here. Sometimes I think that I wouldn't mind if 200$ were kept until next halving. I always wanna cry when I see how much money is pumped into mining, with reduced rewards maybe some miners would switch off and some shady asic companies would fall.

When is the next halving likely to be?
exocytosis

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:09:29 PM

So many newbie account bears & trolls are being made. My only question in regards to them all is how many are owned by falllling?

We're all owned by Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan Chase. And The Fed.
exocytosis

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:14:13 PM

Too many of us would sell everything that we own and buy as many bitcoins at that price as we could.

Last November, people said the same thing about sub-800 prices as well. Look at the situation now. BTC can't even sustain a price above 500. Too much selling and way too little buying happening.

If we get to 200, those who currently are bulls won't do much buying. Instead, they'll panic sell every bitcoin in their possession.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:18:46 PM

If we get to 200, those who currently are bulls won't do much buying. Instead, they'll panic sell every bitcoin in their possession.

Possible. And I'll buy. Grin

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:23:28 PM

silly people never learn btc goes up always
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:24:09 PM

So, we're still well above $400 it seems! I guess we can close that poll now, since it didn't happen - as expected. Also, I guess there are no news about GABI, are there? Guess them shorting is rather an interesting conspiracy theory, than an actual possibility.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
falllling (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:48:51 AM

So, we're still well above $400 it seems! I guess we can close that poll now, since it didn't happen - as expected. Also, I guess there are no news about GABI, are there? Guess them shorting is rather an interesting conspiracy theory, than an actual possibility.

POLL closed, i think they are already shorting with a part of their fund
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: