Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:50:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Address not showing any amount in wallet  (Read 812 times)
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:41:17 PM

If I look on the web at peercoin addresss PCu6qN3zdznT5ZEvSbyD7crFtLtMNj9fpD it shows 270 PPC but my wallet shows nothing.  It says it has the same address..  Anyone have any ideas?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:50:43 PM

If I look on the web at peercoin addresss PCu6qN3zdznT5ZEvSbyD7crFtLtMNj9fpD it shows 270 PPC but my wallet shows nothing.  It says it has the same address..  Anyone have any ideas?

Has your wallet synced completely? Which wallet are you using? Please provide more information for us to work with!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:55:27 PM

If I look on the web at peercoin addresss PCu6qN3zdznT5ZEvSbyD7crFtLtMNj9fpD it shows 270 PPC but my wallet shows nothing.  It says it has the same address..  Anyone have any ideas?

Has your wallet synced completely? Which wallet are you using? Please provide more information for us to work with!

QT wallet, completely synced, tried on two different hard drives both fully synced.  They both show the correct amount for my other wallet.dat file.

THanks
williamj2543

Activity: 588

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 02:58:08 PM

As a general rule of thumb your wallet would be a tiny bit slower to update transactions then an online service, the online services usually only connect to the best nodes.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:59:36 PM

If I look on the web at peercoin addresss PCu6qN3zdznT5ZEvSbyD7crFtLtMNj9fpD it shows 270 PPC but my wallet shows nothing.  It says it has the same address..  Anyone have any ideas?

QT wallet, completely synced, tried on two different hard drives both fully synced.  They both show the correct amount for my other wallet.dat file.

THanks

Huh, that's strange! I see that the transactions are also already a month or two old... Strange thing. Is your wallet connected to the test net or something? Maybe you're on a wrong chain? Have you connected to faulty servers? Your transactions seem to be on the longest chain. Strange. I'm no expert on PPC, though!

spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:05:34 PM

THanks

Huh, that's strange! I see that the transactions are also already a month or two old... Strange thing. Is your wallet connected to the test net or something? Maybe you're on a wrong chain? Have you connected to faulty servers? Your transactions seem to be on the longest chain. Strange. I'm no expert on PPC, though!

Yup the transactions are about that old..  Hummmm I don't know if it is connecting to test net :$..  I doubt it's a faulty server as I can see PFUijFG3kthuLsKWXhvmGtCZWQ1Af7s6He transactions fine when I change to that wallet.   
How do I know what chain the wallet.dat file is looking at?
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:16:24 PM

THanks

Yup the transactions are about that old..  Hummmm I don't know if it is connecting to test net :$..  I doubt it's a faulty server as I can see PFUijFG3kthuLsKWXhvmGtCZWQ1Af7s6He transactions fine when I change to that wallet.   
How do I know what chain the wallet.dat file is looking at?

Umm I don't know if that really is saved in the wallet.dat itself... Not sure, though. You could go and configure which peers you are connecting to. Do a quick google search and see which peers you may connect to. No expert on PPC Smiley

wezphoto

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:18:22 PM

Try to erase all the data except your wallet.dat, redownload the blockchain and see if it's fixed.
Domino

Activity: 662

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:05:53 PM

THanks

You can try to run your qt wallet with the "-rescan" argument to rescan your blockchain data.

spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:32:23 PM

Try to erase all the data except your wallet.dat, redownload the blockchain and see if it's fixed.

This worked, thanks!!
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:34:52 PM

THanks

You can try to run your qt wallet with the "-rescan" argument to rescan your blockchain data.

Tried this, it didn't seem to work/do anything, I think I was doing it wrong lol.  I was just re naming the exe file, how do I make it do the re scan? The other recommendation worked though Smiley
Domino

Activity: 662

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:16:32 PM

Tried this, it didn't seem to work/do anything, I think I was doing it wrong lol.  I was just re naming the exe file, how do I make it do the re scan?

If you are using Windows, you can create a shortcut for the wallet exe and add "-rescan" at the end of the shortcut target.

The other recommendation worked though Smiley

Good to know that wezphoto's advice works and the problem is solved. Smiley

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:23:47 PM

Strange thing, indeed. Good thing you got that fixed! I'm puzzled though, why would the chain get corrupted without anyone knowing??? Should there be some kind of integrity check and a message warning about the incoherent database?

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:27:33 PM

Ah, good to hear! Great thing you got it figured out. I really didn't think that the whole chain needed to be re-built! What an awkward bug is that? I mean yeah, there should be some check or warning, that's true!

oceans

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:24:10 PM

Just reading through your thread. Great to see that you got it solved I know what a panic it can be when something does not show that you know should be doing!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: