Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:39:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone willing to lend a hand? Need .5 bitcoin  (Read 2164 times)
IsaacDestruction (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:41:36 PM

Hey all, I would like to borrow .5 bitcoin, I would pay you back within 1 week, and give 10% interest

The reason for this loan is, I'm trying to help my mother pay for the bills, her husband (my stepdad) and her have recently broken up (not complaining, he was a pretty abusive guy). I don't have a job at the moment, but I'm selling my Playstation and laptops to earn money back. I know that this probably doesn't mean much to you, and I'm a new user to this website also, so it's slightly hard to trust me. I wish I found out about bitcoin talk sooner, but I'm pretty new to the bitcoin scene in general. I used to sell things on eBay, game accounts and stuff that I didn't need, but my eBay account recently got closed due to a false chargeback on an expensive item. At this time, I'm cheated out of a good $800, have no job to supply myself, and am trying to help my mother who is lacking the funds necessary. I know there is no good reason to trust me at all, because of my short history with this website, but I can assure you, from the deepest spot in my heart, that I will get the money that you loan me (if you lend me money) back to you in one week time.

Like I said, I have not that much history on bitcointalk, I'll be honest. But I'm sorry for that, I honestly wish I could have picked up on bitcoin earlier. I definitely plan on staying in the community and trying to be the best person that I can be. I'm sorry for the emotional-ness of this post, but it would be absolutely wonderful if you could lend me.

Thanks either way, I know collateral is important but I'm not sure what to use

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nagel

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:42:46 PM

No one will lend you so much if you can not provide some valid collateral
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 04:44:37 PM

Read the first 2 lines.  Please GTFO, there is no way that you can guarantee repayment.  If you were the lender, would you be willing to take such a big risk?
You've got no money, no means of paying back, you're asking for a donation.
justbtcme

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:53:50 PM

I don't have a job at the moment, but I'm selling my Playstation and laptops to earn money back.

Thanks either way, I know collateral is important but I'm not sure what to use

Perhaps use the PS and laptops as collateral? Blatantly asking for a loan without offering some kind of collateral will usually result in a lot of verbal abuse being thrown your way.
IsaacDestruction (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:59:54 PM

I can send a brand new pair of shoes, tv screen, have some books as collateral anything
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 04:59:55 PM

Since you have no job and your eBay account is closed how do you expect to sell your stuff and get the money to pay me back?

Also, given that you have in fact figured out a way to sell your stuff, wouldn't it be much easier to just sell your stuff and get the money?

Borrowing BTC means you would then have to sell the BTC to get the cash you need, right?  How do you plan to convert the BTC lent to you into cash for spending?

Once you sell your stuff then you would have to convert the cash gained back into BTC to pay me back.  How do you plan to to that?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
justbtcme

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:04:11 PM

I can send a brand new pair of shoes, tv screen, have some books as collateral anything

PM me a list of your collateral and if its appropriate I can give you this loan. You would need to be able to ship your collateral to an escrow and also pay for return shipping.
IsaacDestruction (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:06:11 PM

Yeah, eBay puts a hold on all the funds you get from selling stuff from a new account ):

I guess I would have to sell the bitcoin, and then sell things and wait for eBay to give me the money
to buy more bitcoin to pay you back
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 05:21:12 PM

Yeah, eBay puts a hold on all the funds you get from selling stuff from a new account ):

I guess I would have to sell the bitcoin, and then sell things and wait for eBay to give me the money
to buy more bitcoin to pay you back
You will need to give me definite time frames for each step.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
IsaacDestruction (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:26:53 PM

If you could lend me .5 bitcoin to use

Then I would Sell my stuff on eBay (listed as 3 day auction)

Paypal holds my funds for 2 weeks since I'm a new user so after I sell what I need to sell, I buy bitcoins with that money and send them back to you + rate

~2 weeks if you would be willing

(Selling chromebooks and Playstation if you'd wanna know)
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 05:33:48 PM

You did not answer all of my questions (how converting the BTC to cash, how converting the PayPal to BTC, etc.)

Also, I thought you said your eBay account was closed?  How are you going to sell your stuff on eBay since it is closed?

Oh, I understand now, you have two eBay accounts, right?  The old closed one and the brand new one.  Won't eBay find out you have two accounts?  Isn't that against their TOS?  Won't they just close your second account also?

IsaacDestruction (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:48:11 PM

Im SO sorry, the 360 second rule is VERY painful.

Yeah, the closed one is the one with all the positive feedback (100+ makes selling much much easier than a zero feedback account). And, I just made a new paypal account, i think its all good as long as its not the same paypal account with the ebay account.

I would convert the BTC to cash using local bitcoins and then convert the paypal to btc using virwox (I know theres a lot of fees but, I'll make enough money to cover them.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:09:54 PM

Isaac,

Given your situation, and forced to choose between two options, which would you pick:

Option 1: Repay a $250 debt.
Option 2: Do not have to repay $250 debt, so long as you agree to stop logging into a certain account on some internet message forum. You can, of course, create a different account on said forum though.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I'd like to hear it directly from you.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
IsaacDestruction (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:14:37 PM

Isaac,

Given your situation, and forced to choose between two options, which would you pick:

Option 1: Repay a $250 debt.
Option 2: Do not have to repay $250 debt, so long as you agree to stop logging into a certain account on some internet message forum. You can, of course, create a different account on said forum though.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I'd like to hear it directly from you.

I am sincerely asking for a loan
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:18:09 PM

Yes, and assuming you got the loan, which option would you pick?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
IsaacDestruction (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:22:37 PM

Yes, and assuming you got the loan, which option would you pick?

Option 1 of course
justbtcme

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:27:30 PM

Looking to sell refurbished Acer C720 Chromebooks for ($125) BTC0.2494 each

I have 23 available at the moment. You can contact me on skype at john.kimbrough6.
http://imgur.com/oSVWByt

Payment address is
135H6iQxKY5Rmft8L1JVxLsavrjigSuVrA

Everything is in working order/functional

You seem to have more than enough collateral. Send tomatocage (or any escrow willing) 0.7 BTC worth of chrome books (about 3 chromebooks) and I'll give you the 0.5 loan you've requested.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 06:32:15 PM

I;d like a list as well.  What country/city do you currently reside in?
justbtcme

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:34:19 PM

I;d like a list as well.  What country/city do you currently reside in?

I can give you a
19 inch monitor
Wired gaming mouse
PC tablet
PS3 games
Harry potter book series
Size 13 unused shoes (boots)
Wii games
Monopoly
Clue (board game)
An unopened dress shirt
A pillow pet
And A few dollars I have laying around with something
Some clothes

I'm sure he just forgot to mention he has 23 chromebooks.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:43:50 PM

And why dont you go down to your local pawn shop and get CASH for the 23 chromebooks in just about 5 minutes when you can't pay the fucking bills? Eh?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: