Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:56:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MintChip mentioned on theblaze.com  (Read 1365 times)
bitcoinstarter (OP)

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 06:25:38 PM

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/the-evolution-of-money-canadian-mint-announces-plans-for-digital-currency/

MintChip getting a lot of attention - favorable attention which is annoying.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2012, 06:34:42 PM

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/the-evolution-of-money-canadian-mint-announces-plans-for-digital-currency/

MintChip getting a lot of attention - favorable attention which is annoying.

THE EVOLUTION OF MONEY? PAYPAL ANNOUNCES PLANS FOR DIGITAL CURRENCY
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 07:58:24 PM

It also got a big post on ZH: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post-%E2%80%9Cdigital-future%E2%80%9D-just-another-phrase-keeping-track-serfs

No mention of Bitcoin but a few people mentioned it in the comments.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 08:50:06 PM

So much ignorance in the comments... my goodness. What did I expect though, right? Smiley
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 08:54:46 PM

I only looked through those mentioning Bitcoin of which I didn't think that many were negative or clueless and I also refuted a few negative ones.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 01:01:35 AM

I only looked through those mentioning Bitcoin of which I didn't think that many were negative or clueless and I also refuted a few negative ones.

Yeah thank goodness you posted there, thanks Hazek Wink
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 01:15:05 AM

MintChip is the best thing to happen to cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is MintChip on atomic-rocket-powered-steroids.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 01:20:59 AM

Yeah thank goodness you posted there, thanks Hazek Wink

No problem, I accept tips at the address in my signature  Grin Cool

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 01:24:20 AM

Needing a "chip" to exist in a society is a bad idea...

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 01:24:51 AM

Look up "mark of the beast" to know why needing a "chip" to exist in a society is a bad idea...
You believe that?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 01:30:24 AM

There is a strong need, especially for decentralized exchanges, to have a widely accepted, centrally issued, fiat-pegged form of electronic money that has 100% irreversible transactions.

MtGox codes are nice and all, but having something that you can then just take to your bank (or buy there) and get some cash or a deposit in your bank account without bigger troubles or fees is worth quite a lot. After all, a lot of people will want to buy bitcoins with fiat money, right? Using MintChips as "digital cash" could be the solution to that problem.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 01:31:25 AM

Look up "mark of the beast" to know why needing a "chip" to exist in a society is a bad idea...
You believe that?

I believe giving any entity the ability to cancel your money would lead to bad things yes Smiley

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 01:42:47 AM

You believe that?

I believe giving any entity the ability to cancel your money would lead to bad things yes Smiley

I meant the beast part, but yeah.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3037

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 02:08:02 AM

You believe that?
I meant the beast part, but yeah.
It doesn't matter whether you believe the Revelation of Saint John the Divine (personally I think Saint John was burning the wrong kind of incense when he had that particular revelation, if you know what I mean Wink), what matters is that a huge number of people do believe it, and that alone is reason enough not to fulfil any of the prophesies contained therein.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: