Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:33:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] Restaurant Gift Cards - paying 2% above face value - see inside for list  (Read 886 times)
Qoheleth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2012, 09:04:49 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2012, 08:59:33 PM by Qoheleth

Looking for gift certificates/gift cards to the following restaurants:
  • Applebees
  • Baja Fresh
  • IHOP
  • Bennigan's
  • Carrows
  • Dominos
I'm also interested in gift certificates for local Silicon Valley area restaurants; if you're close enough for that to be relevant I can provide a list.

I'm willing to pay BTC at the current Mt. Gox bid price, plus a 2% commission. I've traded before, but if you would rather not trust me, I'm willing to send first to a known good user, or use your favorite escrow.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Qoheleth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 06:10:27 PM

Bump with a bit of pot-sweetening.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
hongus

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 07:30:22 PM

Seeing that nobody is posting. You could always get a cheap Amazon gift card and buy it from Amazon. It's still discounted but you just jump through more hoops.

Qoheleth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 08:41:50 PM

Seeing that nobody is posting. You could always get a cheap Amazon gift card and buy it from Amazon. It's still discounted but you just jump through more hoops.
Unfortunately, they only have IHOP and Applebees. But I suppose it'd work for those two.

Qoheleth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 08:51:22 AM

Amazon gift cards dried up startlingly quickly this month, so I never got a chance to pick up my restaurant cards. Hence, bumping this thread - my offer is still open.

This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to buy into Bitcoin but doesn't want to deal with the exchanges (or wants to snap up the 2% commission I'm paying on supplying me cards).

Qoheleth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 09:20:04 PM

Currently have a trade in-progress (thanks Littleshop!) that should take care of my Baja Fresh needs for the foreseeable future.

Other entries on the above list are still open for offers.

Pipesnake
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 01:05:03 AM

I can get any card and value you'd like if it is sold on giftcardmall.com

You will have to send btc first but I will get the card(s) in the mail to you within 24 hours (or PM code if that's what you'd prefer)

PM with complete want list.

Shot at 2012-04-06

Feedback:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=484.msg783540#msg783540 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=46372.0

Also eBay Powerseller:  http://myworld.ebay.com/korubii (Everything I sell on eBay is also available to paid via BTC)

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 04:16:14 AM

I can help you out over at http://BTCGiftCards.com

You can purchase a Walmart, Target or Safeway card which can be used to purchase just about any other card offered in their stores.
Qoheleth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 04:21:39 AM

I can help you out over at http://BTCGiftCards.com

You can purchase a Walmart, Target or Safeway card which can be used to purchase just about any other card offered in their stores.
I'll check what Target has to offer. I've already looked at Safeway's giftcard display to no great success.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: