Bitcoin Forum
December 05, 2016, 12:45:32 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guidelines for Press board  (Read 51747 times)
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 11:08:16 PM

I think we could use some clarification re 'Press' section. I don't think articles from bitcoin/crypto news services (CoinDesk, Cointelegraph etc) should be posted in this board, since basically all their articles are bitcoin related.

Shouldn't it be limited to mainstream or non-crypto press hits?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 09:33:53 PM

I think we could use some clarification re 'Press' section. I don't think articles from bitcoin/crypto news services (CoinDesk, Cointelegraph etc) should be posted in this board, since basically all their articles are bitcoin related.

I agree. Many of these Bitcoin news websites are quite new and don't have the reputation of major news outlets (some of them promoted the paycoin scam, etc.).
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 9001 == OP

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 10:39:40 PM

I agree. Many of these Bitcoin news websites are quite new and don't have the reputation of major news outlets (some of them promoted the paycoin scam, etc.).

Same here my opinion is that they should be inside their own area of the Press Board not a complete ignore as they can be relevant, but their articles do tend to swarm the press board and may filter other media information.

A good thing in a sense since were now getting so much news, but because we are it makes more sense to try and organize and sort the info.

eneilwe

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 05:15:36 PM

thanks for the tips, but i seem to have a problem with posting and the terms and conditions that come with it,     
it can actually frustrate you when you want to post
Slowturtleinc

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:03:09 PM

I rarely notice this subforum and have recently found it to be a wealth of information but I notice there are very few replies to the articles.
Is it frowned on to reply to the article,saw in meta mention of people spamming this section and do not want to cause more grief by doing something that is not cool.
Did not see mention of this in this thread and it looks like the rules of changed since it was started,so this is the reason I am asking before I respond to any of these topics just in case there is a system or method that I may disrupt.

██████████            Gunthar: Fast and Serious Lending Service
█████████       ●●●● ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● ●●●●
██████████    ●●●● Don't loose your collateral: refinance with us ●●●●
pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:17:56 PM

I rarely notice this subforum and have recently found it to be a wealth of information but I notice there are very few replies to the articles.
Is it frowned on to reply to the article,saw in meta mention of people spamming this section and do not want to cause more grief by doing something that is not cool.
Did not see mention of this in this thread and it looks like the rules of changed since it was started,so this is the reason I am asking before I respond to any of these topics just in case there is a system or method that I may disrupt.

If replying was disallowed, they would disable 'reply' option. There's no harm at all in making constructive comments, just bear in mind this board is not meant for extensive debates. Fresh, current press hits should stay at the top, rather than be buried by discussions in old threads.

mookid

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 02:51:35 AM

Are only Bitcoin-related articles allowed in the press section? or can I also post other Blockchain/FinTech/Other coins related pieces?
pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 12:28:24 PM

Are only Bitcoin-related articles allowed in the press section? or can I also post other Blockchain/FinTech/Other coins related pieces?

I understand this board is definitely for Bitcoin-related news only. But if you find anything interesting, that you think is somewhat relevant, you can share it (with your comments) on other boards (i.e. Economics, Alternate cryptocurrencies, General discussion or wherever relevant).

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.