Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:01:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Coinapult - send Bitcoin over email or SMS in seconds  (Read 10248 times)
bearbones (OP)

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 02:46:47 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2012, 05:07:55 AM by bearbones

Announcing... Coinapult!!!

From the team that brought you FeedZeBirds, Coinapult is here!

Coinapult is how you send Bitcoins via email.

If you want to send Bitcoins to someone, traditionally that person needed a Bitcoin address. No longer! Now, if you know someone's email address, you can Coinapult coins over to them. See a cute girl, and want to launch Bitcoins at her? Great idea! Just load them up on the Coinapult (instant confirmations), and let slip the machine of war!

The coins will be launched thousands of miles instantly and smash down in the girl's inbox. She'll have simple instructions on how to access the coins, and she can then do what she wishes. She will be impressed, and will love you forever.

Uses for Coinapult:
- Send coins to friends and family easily
- Introduce new people to Bitcoin by giving them coins upfront
- Tip anyone in the world - like a certain news article? Sent Bitcoins to the author's email!
- Businesses: plugin to Coinapult's API to send refunds, distribute winnings, or <insert creative idea here>

We know the community will find exciting new uses for Coinapult, so give it a try and see what you come up with.

Launch Some Coin Right Now!

https://coinapult.com

EDIT:
Just added SMS support. Simply type in a 10 digit (US + Canada) phone number into the "to" field to send money via text message.

Feed Ze Birds Pay and get paid for tweets
Coinapult Send Bitcoins easily over email or text message
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 02:49:16 AM

This is awesome. Just what is needed to introduce grandmother to Bitcoins.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 02:51:59 AM

Q: what happens to coins that are not claimed?
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 02:53:28 AM

Awesome stuff. Your FAQ answered almost every question I had but one: How does the email message with the coins and instructions look like?

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
bearbones (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 02:53:37 AM

After 30 days, an email is sent to the sender (see 'From:' field on send page) with a recovery code.

Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 02:55:00 AM

After 30 days, an email is sent to the sender (see 'From:' field on send page) with a recovery code.

Where are the coins stored? What security measures do you have in place?

How can users feel safe knowing that their bitcoins they send actually get to the receiver?

This is how scams get started by NOT answering these questions.

Grin
bearbones (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 02:58:47 AM

Awesome stuff. Your FAQ answered almost every question I had but one: How does the email message with the coins and instructions look like?

https://i.imgur.com/PD4WS.png < if you're quick, you can even recover the coins Wink

bearbones (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 03:05:18 AM

Where are the coins stored? What security measures do you have in place?

How can users feel safe knowing that their bitcoins they send actually get to the receiver?

This is how scams get started by NOT answering these questions.

Grin

The coins are stored on Paysius's secure transaction server. The two communicate via the Paysius API, which is documented here: https://paysius.com/developers. This is the same system that Feed Ze Birds has been using and distributing hundreds of BTC through for months.

hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 03:05:47 AM

https://i.imgur.com/PD4WS.png < if you're quick, you can even recover the coins Wink

Ok... but I'm interested in the whole process. Please show us everything, from start to finish, how it looks if I send someone a coinapult message with coins, what message they receive and what process they have to go through to get the coins and how the instructions look like guiding them, I would like to know the details of every step it takes to complete the process.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3037

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 03:08:42 AM

I just test-fired the Coinapult, and the coins landed in GMail's spam filter. Sad Also, you may want to be more clear in the instructions to claim the coins, if you're targeting people who have never heard of Bitcoin before. Although I'm not sure how you can do that without seeming suspicious: "Someone sent you some money! Install this software on your computer and then click this link to receive your money!" Yeah, that sounds totally legitimate. Roll Eyes

Yoink! Grin

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 03:09:04 AM

Dammit too slow, someone else already cashed out. Grin

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
bearbones (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 03:15:33 AM

Ok... but I'm interested in the whole process. Please show us everything, from start to finish, how it looks if I send someone a coinapult message with coins, what message they receive and what process they have to go through to get the coins and how the instructions look like guiding them, I would like to know the details of every step it takes to complete the process.

Hazek, I could spend 10 minutes taking screenshots and carefully posting them... but I'm really lazy. Risk a bitcent on my honor and try it. :p

Foxpup
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 03:18:38 AM

SHUT IT DOWN IMMEDIATELY! TAKE THE WALLET OFFLINE AND SHUT IT DOWN! It sending me coins multiple times!

https://blockexplorer.com/address/1EKnsRCiGtbocnK4vNR7ZUtevTXeNgDMqZ
https://blockexplorer.com/address/1NjnUW4x1zVb3Ar7KEjVeqwnkm16A3qgdb

Each of these addresses should have only ONE transaction! There's more unconfirmed transactions on the way! SHUT IT DOWN!

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
bearbones (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 03:18:54 AM

I just test-fired the Coinapult, and the coins landed in GMail's spam filter. Sad Also, you may want to be more clear in the instructions to claim the coins, if you're targeting people who have never heard of Bitcoin before. Although I'm not sure how you can do that without seeming suspicious: "Someone sent you some money! Install this software on your computer and then click this link to receive your money!" Yeah, that sounds totally legitimate. Roll Eyes

Yoink! Grin

Damn google. I think they decided it was spam because I sent so many test messages to my gmail account. I'm thinking of getting a third party mail service to send the emails, but that is a costly hassle. :/

bearbones (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 03:22:35 AM

SHUT IT DOWN IMMEDIATELY! TAKE THE WALLET OFFLINE AND SHUT IT DOWN! It sending me coins multiple times!

Each of these addresses should have only ONE transaction! There's more unconfirmed transactions on the way! SHUT IT DOWN!

The wallet is empty, but I don't think this is a bug. This is from the example I posted, no? I had it refill, and it looks like you grabbed the first 4. Greedy. :p

Foxpup
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 03:37:43 AM

The wallet is empty, but I don't think this is a bug. This is from the example I posted, no? I had it refill, and it looks like you grabbed the first 4. Greedy. :p

Actually, I only grabbed 2 from the one you posted (1NjnUW4x1zVb3Ar7KEjVeqwnkm16A3qgdb). I somehow managed to grab 3 from the real request I sent (1EKnsRCiGtbocnK4vNR7ZUtevTXeNgDMqZ). That is a bug. Is it based on the amount? It's actually a coincidence that I picked the same amount as you did. Does everybody who requests 0.1 BTC keep getting coins until the wallet runs dry? Shocked Anyway, can I have an address to refund the 0.3 BTC I accidentally stole?

bearbones (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 03:59:10 AM

Actually, I only grabbed 2 from the one you posted (1NjnUW4x1zVb3Ar7KEjVeqwnkm16A3qgdb). I somehow managed to grab 3 from the real request I sent (1EKnsRCiGtbocnK4vNR7ZUtevTXeNgDMqZ). That is a bug. Is it based on the amount? It's actually a coincidence that I picked the same amount as you did. Does everybody who requests 0.1 BTC keep getting coins until the wallet runs dry? Shocked Anyway, can I have an address to refund the 0.3 BTC I accidentally stole?

This is not a bug. When I put the screenshot up, I set a script to automatically refill it as soon as someone recovered the funds. It was supposed to refill 5 times. The fact that it sent to your addresses just means that you were the first few requests to hit that page. This isn't a normal part of the system, I just thought it'd be a fun way for a few people to try a recovery based on my example.

If you'd like to send it back to 19c7oXEhBGXp3VD8dimth9yLdtZiGGzoDu, I'll distribute it to the first 4 people to PM me with an email address. As a matter of fact, I'll send 0.1btc to the first 10 people to PM me an email address, provided they all post here whether they received exactly the amount requested. Please, try again, if you think it'll multiple your coin. Prove me wrong. Smiley

Foxpup
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 04:35:53 AM

This is not a bug. When I put the screenshot up, I set a script to automatically refill it as soon as someone recovered the funds. It was supposed to refill 5 times. The fact that it sent to your addresses just means that you were the first few requests to hit that page. This isn't a normal part of the system, I just thought it'd be a fun way for a few people to try a recovery based on my example.

But it isn't just the one you put up. I sent 0.1 BTC to myself (for real), then received 0.1 BTC. So far so good. Then I saw the screenshot, tried it out with a new address, and got another 0.1 BTC. Then all Hell broke lose. I recieved an additional 0.2 BTC in two additional transactions to the first address (the one not related to the one you put up) and another 0.1 BTC to the second address. I also did not click the claim link multiple times, or refresh the claim page, or anthing like that. I just suddenly started getting a bunch of extra coins for no reason. Shocked

If you'd like to send it back to 19c7oXEhBGXp3VD8dimth9yLdtZiGGzoDu, I'll distribute it to the first 4 people to PM me with an email address. As a matter of fact, I'll send 0.1btc to the first 10 people to PM me an email address, provided they all post here whether they received exactly the amount requested. Please, try again, if you think it'll multiple your coin. Prove me wrong. Smiley

Refunded the extra 0.3 BTC I wasn't supposed to get. I've also sent another 0.1 BTC to myself, and have (so far) received exactly 0.1 BTC. Smiley

bearbones (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 04:49:07 AM

Foxpup,

Thanks for sending the example funds back. Smiley

I just ran 100 test transactions through, and each received exactly what it was supposed to. The logs show that the script I threw together to fund my example funded each of these transactions. I shouldn't have tried to be tricky; I just thought it'd make for some fun.

0.8btc left to the next 8 people who PM me an email address!

slothbag

Activity: 369

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 04:56:07 AM

Just sent a couple of catapults flying.. thanks for the site.

A quick question, if a recipient does click on the URL and log into Coinapult to see the funds but does NOT take their Bitcoins do I still get the option to recover the coins in 30 days?

Edit: PM sent Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: