Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:10:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [MPEx] S.BVPS BitVPS.COM IPO  (Read 6233 times)
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 12:01:00 PM

Hey, at least it isn't an idiot that hardly knows how his own business runs and has a hard time elucidating his own thoughts.
Whom do you have in mind?
Not anyone specific, but it seems that we have an overabundance of such businesspeople.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brendio

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 12:19:09 PM

Back on topic: Any update on when the IPO will be launched?

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 12:29:26 PM

Your lambasting of potential customers

There's two kinds of people walking into any shop. There's the kind that are customers. Not "potential" or other crap, a customer is a customer before they buy anything. Then there's the kind that for whatever reason cannot be your customers. Maybe they cannot afford your services, maybe they have no need for your product, maybe they're just bored, home alone, whatever it is.

Sometimes this later category, which are not in any way customers, potential or otherwise, decide to spend their time devising little transactional ballet productions to convince you that it is because of you that they can't be your customers.

It's true that inexperienced middle management tends to occasionally take disciplinary measures against the staff on the words of these cockoos, but sooner or later they figure out that it's not too likely the otherwise peaceable clerk is suddenly incompetent at their job for half an hour while Joe Q. Nut is "being a potential customer" and then return to normal. Just as there's no car that has a bad shock for even miles but is fine for odd miles in a hundred mile trip.

This song and dance about the whole world being a customer is fine if you're just starting your way in life, and are doing McDonalds management or something. Otherwise, it's a little out of place in the real world. I normally don't bother training random strangers on the interwebz in the finer points of business, but your further comment about "business sense" suggests to me that you are actually not only unskilled & unaware of it but rather desperate for some sort of resolution. Here is your resolution, I happen to be the messenger and kinda know the future, too: you will shoot at me. Not that I mind, just sayin.

making very bold claims about your system

Bold claims are only bad for business after they are disproven. Before, they are great for business. So, rather than arguing pointlessly on a forum go ahead and disprove something.

and systematically mocking your competitors (future or existing)

I deeply regret we do not have the same sense of humour. Somehow, this does not cause me much alarm. Probably because I'm not a professional comedian. Maybe one day.

worrying picture of someone with a very large ego

Shall I ask why are people with large egos worrisome to you or shall you tell us even if I don't?

and that is going to have a very hard time handling the unavoidable conflicts that will occur during the operation of MP[OE,Ex]

I am kind of flattered by that MP[OE,Ex] there, means you paid attention. What's the worry here, tho? Goat throws honey while wearing a Fawkes mask and I what, resign and move to Burma? Flesh out a scenario, for my curiosity. Thanks.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 12:39:14 PM

@Brendio: A matter of hours. I am going to post an announcement here, so stay subbed.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 01:21:57 PM

On one hand I don't run anything, I'm just the person talking for it in those venues which the actual owner (Mr. Popescu) doesn't like.

On the other hand I imagine either way you cut the cake you're going to leave crumbs on the table, or in other words if not you for your reasons someone else for some other reasons. The judgment you propose would be solid if it weren't standing on just a leg. Either way in the end I don't think anyone's too agitated: if you can afford the luxury of passing based on the criteria you presented it's quite certain you have no actual need to be satisfied here. At any rate I am pretty sure the goal of MPEx isn't to collect each and every last person with some bitcoins somewhere. It's selective, if you will.

Maybe a more productive attitude on your part would be not "what weird points of style can I pontificate about in the general direction of this person" but "why would MPEx condescend to allow me among the hallowed halls of its tradefloors". I'm just proposing this as a mental exercise, in a quest for balance and all, don't jump.

There's people who have found bugs, contributed code... In other words the bar, as you say, is pretty damn high. So far you're not bringing anything productive to the table, you're in fact one of the people that I'm paid to insulate the rest of MPEx from.

As to the long term: other than the fact we're all dead, see you there.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 02:32:13 PM

Seriously now, something charging 0.2% seller fee (no buyer fee) strikes you like made-to-make-money? We're not MtGox over here you know.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 03:29:47 PM

This stock is now trading under S.BVPS. Have fun all.

rapeghost (OP)

Activity: 419

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 10:08:22 PM

Wow, I am amazed at how many people bought shares.

Amazing. Congrats to everyone who got in early!!

James
MPOE-PR

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 01:12:27 PM

Cheers rg.

brendio

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 01:09:56 AM

I am hereby offering brokerage service for those who want to purchase BitVPS shares but for whatever reason do not use MPEx. I will charge 5% commission and have a minimum order volume of 5 BTC.

See otc or list of honest traders for my references.

If there is sufficient demand I will list depositary receipt on GLBSE for BVPS.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 11:23:32 AM

You are a true market maker... You even register your domains with a market address...

http://whois.domaintools.com/polimedia.us
Administrative Contact Name:                 Martha  McCuller
Administrative Contact Organization:         Norsena
Administrative Contact Address1:             14781 Memorial Dr.
Administrative Contact City:                 Houston
Administrative Contact State/Province:       TX
Administrative Contact Postal Code:          77079
Administrative Contact Country:              United States
Administrative Contact Country Code:         US
Administrative Contact Phone Number:         +40.0731507527

If that's your twisted sense of humour at work, well, I LOL'ed.
You should learn with the pro's: they register their domains at restaurants addresses.

Also, fluffygrrl, didn't people teached you that spamming and trying to impersonate forum moderators to trick users is an ugly thing to do?
That really shows your integrity...
I advise people to read that thread, some interesting shit there.
For some more lulz: https://www.google.com/search?q="fluffygrrl"+"spam" <--- I guess her forum spammer bot went crazy lol

BTW, you're some ugly ass chick... Who gave you that black eye? Was it Mircea Popescu himself?

grubles

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

mistaken for gribble since 2011

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 03:39:26 PM

Why don't you take this to a MPEx thread?

BM-NBi5PcH8BBqDVp7WSJe2pNgqEVvTjd6T
phorensic

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 02:38:30 AM

I don't know what all this extra fluff in this thread is about, but I thought I would come here to spread some good karma.  I've run at least 20 websites in the past and I have to say it was a pleasure purchasing a VPS from BitVPS.  The whole process was super easy, the prices are extremely reasonable, the communication was FANTASTIC.  Any website I make in the future will definitely be hosted by BitVPS.  I would recommend them to anybody.
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 03:07:05 AM

I don't know what all this extra fluff in this thread is about, but I thought I would come here to spread some good karma.  I've run at least 20 websites in the past and I have to say it was a pleasure purchasing a VPS from BitVPS.  The whole process was super easy, the prices are extremely reasonable, the communication was FANTASTIC.  Any website I make in the future will definitely be hosted by BitVPS.  I would recommend them to anybody.

Yea, it is sad to have to ignore MPOE's own PR person...

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Ben Walsh (beamer)

Activity: 343

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 02:24:25 PM

I note the investor relations section hasn't been updated for quite some time now. Given the latest dividend figure, some detailed information on what's going on with the company financials is beyond due.
Bugpowder

Activity: 394

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 02:53:08 PM

December financials.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvwwyRGyc1WgdDFvQWJnZnRZQWJfbk1mNHYtVzhPR0E#gid=0
MPOE-PR

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 08:38:29 AM

S.BVPS to be delisted February 15.

I'm not entirely sure what the cause is, but in any event the needed addendum to the original contract had been awaiting signatures for about three weeks now. They haven't materialized, and my originally generous and possibly excessive term of January the 15th has come and gone. This leave me with no choice other than to declare the purported conveyance a conversion, and to announce that S.BVPS shares will be delisted from MPEx starting February 15th.

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 11:54:03 AM

I'm not entirely sure what the cause is, but in any event the needed addendum to the original contract had been awaiting signatures for about three weeks now. They haven't materialized, and my originally generous and possibly excessive term of January the 15th has come and gone. This leave me with no choice other than to declare the purported conveyance a conversion, and to announce that S.BVPS shares will be delisted from MPEx starting February 15th.

Will there be a buyback by majority holder (new owner) or will this be another "listing delete, we stole your coin" case on your stinky bazaar.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 04:28:21 PM

Ugh...

Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 04:37:38 PM

Will there be a buyback by majority holder (new owner) or will this be another "listing delete, we stole your coin" case on your stinky bazaar.

MPEx is only the exchange on which BitVPS was listed.

It seems BitVPS' previous owner 'sold' his controlling interest - in the process breaking the contract he'd signed when listing the company.  If a company doesn't adhere to its agreement with the exchange then what do you think the exchange is meant to do?  Ignore it and continue listing them?  The exchange can't do that - once it knows the contract isn't being honoured it would be wrong for the exchange to allow trading to continue knowing that new investors may be misled by a contract published by the exchange which the exchange KNOWS isn't being honoured.

You need to get over your dislike of MPEx/and MP/MPOE-PR and realise that, in this case at least, the ONLY reasonable action available to MPEx is to delist the company.  So long as they provide investors with proof of holding the shares then investors can pursue whatever action (or negotiate any settlement) they choose against/with the company.

An exchange isn't liable if a company listed on it acts in bad faith (which is pretty clearly what's happened here)  The exchange can't guarantee that any company it lists will honour its promises - all it can do is delist companies if they clearly fail to adhere to their contract or remedy any defects.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: