Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:51:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacker Leaks Celebrity Nudes for BTC  (Read 4938 times)
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:50:34 AM

From a reddit post (ELI5 answer) "Someone hacked iCloud. He posted a list of all the celebs he had and leaked some. Unconfirmed reports that he is selling them to TMZ for six figures. There's videos too. Also there's a pic circulating of the leakers bitcoin address with tens of thousands worth of bitcoin sent to it."

So guys? What are your thoughts? Mine are that he is taking advantage (which is smart) of this currency! Finally people seeing the benefit (even though it's in a bad way, but can also be used for good)

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5745260

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PowerCordZ

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:56:35 AM

That's too bad. Actions like this may provoke more people against bitcoins and other hackers are probably looking for similar targets like this now.
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 2078

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:07:59 AM

So, TMZ use Bitcoin?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tatu

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:15:19 AM

That last I read TMX had turned them down, and arent they all out there now?
Stifler

Activity: 66

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:22:20 AM

If TMZ do buy them I wonder if they'll use bitcoin? Will that be good or negative news for btc?

Not to be confused with the user sifter Tongue.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:23:58 AM

If TMZ do buy them I wonder if they'll use bitcoin? Will that be good or negative news for btc?

Nah , I think this news will be nothing for btc. Don't worry guys Wink .
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:39:11 AM

Where is the evidence that he sold them for Bitcoin?
Dajve

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:47:58 AM

Where is the evidence that he sold them for Bitcoin?

He hasn't. He tried to sell them to TMZ but then gave some away and posted his btc address and people donated. Maybe he might try sell the rest for bitcoins though but that's just speculation.
cryptocoinsnews

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 10:54:14 AM

From a reddit post (ELI5 answer) "Someone hacked iCloud. He posted a list of all the celebs he had and leaked some. Unconfirmed reports that he is selling them to TMZ for six figures. There's videos too. Also there's a pic circulating of the leakers bitcoin address with tens of thousands worth of bitcoin sent to it."

So guys? What are your thoughts? Mine are that he is taking advantage (which is smart) of this currency! Finally people seeing the benefit (even though it's in a bad way, but can also be used for good)

More information here: http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/celebgate-myth-hacker-leaked-nude-celebrity-photos-exchange-bitcoin/2014/09/01

/David Parker, Director of CCN
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:57:52 AM

Also there's a pic circulating of the leakers bitcoin address with tens of thousands worth of bitcoin sent to it."
"tens of thousands" = 0.254

https://blockchain.info/address/18pgUn3BBBdnQjKG8ZGedFvcoVcsv1knWa
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:01:34 AM

Also there's a pic circulating of the leakers bitcoin address with tens of thousands worth of bitcoin sent to it."

tens of thousands  Grin It is only   0.25 btc . But it is  always money .
Moonpig

Activity: 62

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:05:09 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 11:10:04 AM by Moonpig

Are you sure that's the right one? I think others are trying to claim to be him to recieve donations. One wallet I saw earlier had recieved over 1k donations in a very short space of time.

19Fgosr8VGF5pYLjNZvXvGwj3zEFXzvJ1f
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:09:36 AM

Are you sure that's the right one? I think others are trying to claim to be him to recieve donations. One wallet I saw earlier had recieved over 1k donations in a very short space of time.

Read the discussion  on reddit :

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2f4gb9/hacker_leaks_nude_celebs_in_exchange_for_btc/
Dogtanian

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:12:08 AM

More information here: http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/celebgate-myth-hacker-leaked-nude-celebrity-photos-exchange-bitcoin/2014/09/01

Hmm, I wonder how he found the individuals pictures though? Surely there are millions of images on icloud, but what were these people doing uploading their pics to there in the first place?
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:26:41 AM

And what ... ?
Cloud is the evil ... ?
Not a news.

Apple include icloud in all phones  (and mac now) ... in Android, the google drive is a optional (and need to download manually) app.
Password of icloud system (user) is, like other, very simple if you known the email adress of the "star".

At the end, if you don't want send private document to others ... use MMS !  Grin
Yeezus

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:32:18 AM

More bad press for bitcoin if the media picks up on the bitcoin angle. I wonder if he'll manage to sell the rest. Those videos could go for a lot of they're legit.

And what ... ?
Cloud is the evil ... ?
Not a news.

Apple include icloud in all phones  (and mac now) ... in Android, the google drive is a optional (and need to download manually) app.

Does it upload the manually or do you have to set this up? I have an iphone and am a bit worried now, though I guess the NSA can see everythign anyway lol.

pandacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:34:53 AM

I can't find leaked photos. You gave only news links. Where the hell are the photos?
bitcoin4eva

Activity: 328

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:44:29 AM

Lol at all the people trying to leech the photos Cheesy But yea this gives bad image of BTC once again. Too bad..
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:44:53 AM

Saw something about this hacking earlier on but I did not pay much attention to it. I think it's quite shocking that people will do this and attempt to cash in on it but that is the way people work nowadays if they know they can make some cash they will do what they can.

Lets just hope this does not give bitcoin a bad name, I personally see it doing so though.
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 2078

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:15:34 PM

Seriously, why would it damages to Bitcoin? It only damages to Apple, if we consider a damage is caused.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████