Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:39:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: BITMAIN announces Cloud Hash Platform-HASHNEST.COM  (Read 13041 times)
skuser

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 11:31:44 AM

To put things in perspective, if BTC/USD remains constant, you're looking at a 37% pool fee.  No electricity, no heat, presumably guaranteed up time, but still 37% pool fee.

According to tradeblock.com, at 15% difficulty increase/month, if all else remains the same, you'll break even in March 2015.

Your analysis is incorrect because 37% is valid only at current difficulty. As the maintenance costs are fixed, the percentage will go up every time the difficulty rises. Better calculator is here https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

Even at ultra optimistic 5% diff. growth per period the investment will never return.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 11:57:42 AM

The way they make it sound is that you will continue to receive a dividend until the cost to run it each day is higher than the Pay out you would receive.

Edit, so once an S2 makes less than $3.20 a day it will stop hashing for us.  Anyone have an estimate of when that will be?

Well before you get back the BTC1.6 without a doubt.

Selling cloud mining is a way to raise money for the next generation equipment. This wouldn't be so bad if you stood a chance of making a profit as well out of the deal but the chances are slim, and that new equipment will be deployed by them before you have access to it, raising the difficulty and further eroding your returns from the current offering.

ALL manufacturers are ripping off buyers, the only way the equation will start to balance so that BOTH parties make something is when people stop paying these inflated prices.
I agree, I don't see much of a return if any with this pricing. As you said the hardware will be in service way before roi making it even more difficult. They really need to re evaluate their pricing structure. I just don't see it, at least for me anyways.

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
ImCrazyOne

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 12:00:48 PM

email verification not working i have sent verification like 4 times now, no email still. I am using gmail.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:05:42 PM

In the early days of CEX.IO I bought close to 2 BTC worth of mining shares. I watched it dwindle away rapidly as both the cost of a Ghash shares dropped and difficulty went up. I can honestly say if I had it to do over I would have purchased my own gear and gone that route. For the same 1.6 BTC now I think would rather by more mining gear sha or scrypt or simply hold that BTC for investment.  I know most of us are guilty of not knowing when to stop mining and have been bit by the hashing bug, same as a compulsive gambler lol just doesn't know when to leave the table.....

mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:06:32 PM

To put things in perspective, if BTC/USD remains constant, you're looking at a 37% pool fee.  No electricity, no heat, presumably guaranteed up time, but still 37% pool fee.

According to tradeblock.com, at 15% difficulty increase/month, if all else remains the same, you'll break even in March 2015.

Your analysis is incorrect because 37% is valid only at current difficulty. As the maintenance costs are fixed, the percentage will go up every time the difficulty rises. Better calculator is here https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

Even at ultra optimistic 5% diff. growth per period the investment will never return.

I don't like bitcoinwisdom, it always is wayyyy off on difficulty estimates.  

Regardless, if percentage increases every time, then my estimates are even worse.  Thanks for pointing that out. Smiley

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
Jcga
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:16:03 PM

Hello Guyz

The price went from 0.0016 to 0.00135฿/GHS, minus 18.5% Smiley

🚀IRRESISTIBLE "Crypto Collectibles" 👉 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0
001sonkit

Activity: 784

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 12:28:59 PM

Hello Guyz

Again, absolutely not a good way to start a brand.

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:31:05 PM

Hello Guyz

Still too high.  If the maint fee was lower, it'd be a different story.  This is China, electricity is supposed to be dirt cheap, why so high??

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:34:14 PM

Just got this in my email this morning, what do you think?

https://www.kncminer.com/categories/cloud-mining

Seems September is brining all kinds of hashing deals.... lol

BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:36:22 PM

Why don't you just ship your product instead of keeping them on backorder and filling your cloud datacenter?

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
001sonkit

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 12:37:08 PM

Hello Guyz

Still too high.  If the maint fee was lower, it'd be a different story.  This is China, electricity is supposed to be dirt cheap, why so high??

M
Coz from what I've seen on the QQ group (chatroom thing of China) and Weibo, people are just desperate of the launch and think it is profitable. You may think of it as the difference of literacy and free flow of information.
Calculator, who would use that? They're all with their sixth sense

PS: People are complaining on missing mail, good luck (also, seen from QQ).

001sonkit

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 12:41:54 PM

Why don't you just ship your product instead of keeping them on backorder and filling your cloud datacenter?
S2 seems not to be backordered, these are what they have in the mine. S2... consider it as "better than trash"

With plenty of noobs around (however less than CEXIO), price of miners are overpriced since day one (of snowball.io). You may want to take a look all the ANtS1-S3
https://www.hashnest.com/currency_markets/10

hover the chart icon on top-left, select Candlestick/Volume. Laugh on the pathetic-ness.

skuser

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:57:48 PM

Hello Guyz

I did the calculations with that new price, no ROI possible at current conditions.

BITMAIN (OP)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 02:05:05 PM

UPDATE:HASHNEST Discussion and Support Thread has been moved to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=766448.0

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: