Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:37:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What features should I add to the Strongcoin e-wallet ?  (Read 1503 times)
dogisland (OP)

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 01:26:33 PM

I've got a bit of free time coming up and I'd like to spend some of that on StrongCoin. Here's a few features I'm considering.

1. Email a PDF of your encrypted private keys to you once a month.
2. Add the ability to send Bitcoins by email. i.e. You could send a non bitcoin users 0.05 BTC and they would register with StrongCoin to claim the coins.
3. Make the site usable on iphone and android. e.g. add a pin so you can quickly send/receive coinds without typing in your full password.

Do these sound useful ?

Does anyone have an idea that would fix a pain they are having at the moment ?

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coretechs
Donator

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 03:07:38 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2012, 03:39:48 PM by coretechs

Perhaps you could fix the menus and make them a little more intuitive?

Once you log in, if you click "Profile" and then want to get back to your accounts, you have to click "Home" or "Blog" and then "Log In" again.  The back button works, but I'd suggest a link.  What about adding a persistent "Wallet" tab that has the account options within it instead of replacing the Home/Blog links?  The "Contact Us" link also doesn't consistently appear, and clicking "sign out" gives an error:

The page you were looking for doesn't exist.

You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved.

I like your email suggestion a lot.  Coinapult.com and Paytunia.com just launched with this type of service.  If you decide to implement that feature, please make sure you consider redemption options for the sender if the amounts aren't claimed after a certain time.

Also, can you add support for importing private keys using the new WIF for compressed public keys?

Great site, thanks for your work.  Smiley

https://bitcoindoc.com - The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin | https://blocktap.io - Lightning powered crypto query engine
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 04:20:35 PM

Lower fees. I don't really see Strongcoin as competitive with Blockchain.info wallet right now, which is more actively developed and much cheaper to use. Strongcoin hasn't really reacted to the competition out there which is the main issue in my opinion.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 05:27:36 PM

a calculator for a specified exchange rate is always helpful.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 09:44:13 PM

A "merchant mode" so that it is functional as the only tool a merchant needs to accept bitcoins.

e.g.,
Receive Bitcoins
Enter amount in USDs and the Receive displays a QR code with the receiving bitcoin address and BTC amount.

Notifications for receipt of coins to each address generated (and alert on on 0/unconfirmed).  Notification to an email address that may not necessarily be tied to the same e-mail account used for sign-in.  Bonus if another notification is sent if a double-spending attempt is detected (e..g, from a listening network).

Ability to create and print a receipt, listing USD amount, BTC amount, date and time and transaction# for payment that was received.

Ability to have all incoming payments swept to another address (e.g., at an exchange).

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 10:21:26 PM

Lower fees. I don't really see Strongcoin as competitive with Blockchain.info wallet right now, which is more actively developed and much cheaper to use. Strongcoin hasn't really reacted to the competition out there which is the main issue in my opinion.
This

BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 11:04:12 PM

A "merchant mode" so that it is functional as the only tool a merchant needs to accept bitcoins.

e.g.,
Receive Bitcoins
Enter amount in USDs and the Receive displays a QR code with the receiving bitcoin address and BTC amount.

you mean like this?  https://bit-pay.com/aboutMobile.html

Notifications for receipt of coins to each address generated (and alert on on 0/unconfirmed).  Notification to an email address that may not necessarily be tied to the same e-mail account used for sign-in.  Bonus if another notification is sent if a double-spending attempt is detected (e..g, from a listening network).

you mean like this?   https://bit-pay.com/api.html

Ability to create and print a receipt, listing USD amount, BTC amount, date and time and transaction# for payment that was received.

you mean like this?  https://bit-pay.com/invoice/ivXQrQV8Qmf1PIWB3iobDsOPvPfACC9-NxIftkjafQ4=

Ability to have all incoming payments swept to another address (e.g., at an exchange).

you mean like this?

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 11:07:43 PM

Yup, pretty much just like that, except works against a Bitcoin address that is known only to the merchant and to the customer, nobody else.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 11:09:30 PM

Brutal, merciless thread-jacking in progress. FATALITY! FINISH HIM! lol

Steve

Activity: 868
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2012, 02:53:50 AM

Yup, pretty much just like that, except works against a Bitcoin address that is known only to the merchant and to the customer, nobody else.

And, here I'm wondering if Tony realizes how you just shredded his entire post.  Wink

I think what you're saying is ideal for many reasons.

(gasteve on IRC) Does your website accept cash? https://bitpay.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: