Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:22:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp changed its SEPA recipient bank  (Read 1935 times)
Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 01:55:35 PM

Just got my SEPA transfer returned to sender, when trying to deposit to Bitstamp.

It turns they changed their bank from UNICREDIT BANKA SLOVENIJA D.D. to Raiffeisen Banka d.d. and I didn't notice it (the account numbers look not that different), sending to the address saved from the previous transfers.

Lost €30 on return surcharges and rate deviations made by Unicredit.  Angry

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
justforbtc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:26:25 PM

Bitstamp changed their bank on July. You should always check for deposit bank before sending money...
gotex14

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:42:29 PM

Yes, before doing  transaction you must check if there is no changes. Happened to me too.  Lips sealed
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:27:21 PM

there was something in the bitstamp thread (sry have no link). They changed the banks depending on your country (i think it depends on the country, but not sure). So some users have UNICREDIT, some Raiffeisen and others maybe a different bank.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
bluemountain

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:37:24 PM

Just got my SEPA transfer returned to sender, when trying to deposit to Bitstamp.

It turns they changed their bank from UNICREDIT BANKA SLOVENIJA D.D. to Raiffeisen Banka d.d. and I didn't notice it (the account numbers look not that different), sending to the address saved from the previous transfers.

Lost €30 on return surcharges and rate deviations made by Unicredit.  Angry
I noticed that they changed their bank account a few months ago. I personally always confirm the deposit information/instructions prior to sending payment in case something like this were to change. (I also check for any mass/simi-mass reporting of them having problems with withdrawals - just in case).
titulng

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

HubrisOne

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:56:15 AM

€30 fee? unimaginable   Sad

◆

▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄▄            ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██       ██      ██       ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄      ██      ▐██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄██▀▀▀██▄▄        ▀██▄     ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀       ██      ██       ██              ██               ██      ██      ██              ██▀       ▀██         ██▄    ██      ▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██      ██       ██      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀      ██      ▐██▄▄▄▄        ▐█           █▌      █▄ ▀██   ██      ██▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██      ██       ██      ██▀▀▀▀▀██        ██▀▀▀▀▀▀        ██        ▀▀▀▀██▄      ▐█           █▌      ██   ██▄ ██      ██▀▀▀▀
██       ██      ██       ██      ██      ██       ██   ▄▄         ██             ▐█▌     ▐█▄         ▄█▌      ██    ▀█▄██      ██
██       ██       ██▄   ▄██       ██     ▄█▀       ██    ▀█▄       ██            ▄██       ▀██▄▄   ▄▄██▀       ██     ▀███      ██
██       ██        ▀▀███▀▀        ████████▀        ██      ▀█      ██      ███████▀           ▀▀███▀▀          ██       ██      ██████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████

▄███████████▄     
██▀       ▐█▀█▄   
██        ▐█  ▀█▄ 
██        ▐█    ▀█▄
██        ▝▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██               ██
██  ███████████  ██
██               ██
██  ██████       ██
██               ██
██▄             ▄██
▀█████████████████▀
WP

GreenCoin22

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:17:42 AM

How long do you not deposit on bitstamp?
gmx95

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:04:17 AM

You always loose something on transfers. 30 euros is not that bad.

Bitcoin and Litecoin trading platform. Up to 100% deposit bonus. Fund with credit card. http://novafxtrading.com/bitcoin-trading
Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 05:02:34 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 05:13:16 PM by Nemo1024

How long do you not deposit on bitstamp?

About a month. I usually do monthly deposits. Guess it was bound to happen, seeing as I never checked the payment information once it was in my bank's payment register.

Well, next times I'll conduct thorough checks. Smiley

You always loose something on transfers. 30 euros is not that bad.

That wasn't just transfers, but the fee to return my money back to my account, taken by the recipient bank, because the recipient account no longer existed.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
FYX

Activity: 120

BitVestors.com Community Manager

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 08:56:22 AM

I never heard of such fees charged by a bank for something like that...
But at least you got your money back Wink

BitVestors.com - Professional Bitcoin Earners Platform
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: