Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:52:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RIP] Altcoins - "It was a thing"  (Read 4278 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:43:57 AM

1) Agreed, only a small subset of current investors care about 'this "anon" crap'. I think it's a fair statement that Bitcoin hasn't yet scratched the surface for things like offshore account, given that the estimates are over $20 trillion, worldwide.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/frederickallen/2012/07/23/super-rich-hide-21-trillion-offshore-study-says/

What exactly is going to replace Swiss banking in the coming years?

2) Too much gibberishtalk...no one is going to read your rants.

i don't say things with out a specific reason.. so it's not gibberish you just don't understand my point (or you say)

you agree with the "Anon" comment i made but hey that is not what this is about or the Future of what ever banking.
the point is.. Altcoins are a dead scene.. on it's last leg limping along engulfing investors money.
so you side stepped the point entirely.. while i made a point of WARNING people who have the lost a lot of their money invested etc *so far.

people should be extra cautious investing new money into Altcoins right now and some may want to consider getting out.
saying that is not going to help me with my coins and my portfolio value but its the right thing to say and the honest thing to say here.
and that takes precedent over my own selfish greedy needs.
i am still being selfish but i always look at the big picture on things (when others can't or won't)

the toilet needs to finish flushing so we can build it back up again with real investors and decent quality supporters
who are in it for the long haul.. regardless of their personal portfolio value.
Guys who invested in Bitcoin/Litecoin sat back and waited and held through the up's and down's and that is why they made big money.
I hold my coins now and i don't care what their worth.. not worried about it at all really.. well as long as they don't go to 0 LOL

we need to shake out the *excessively greedy.
all of us wanted to make some money but i don't consider all of us "greedy" ..a question of excessive greed or not.

A good example is myself.. i have had opportunities to make some large profits from scam coins by private tip info given in advance
or being invited to premine a coin before a public launch or by taking kick backs etc and i have said NOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

I have a limit and i stop and i just can't cross that line.. the money is NOT worth it.
And i do think i could get away with stuff and not get caught but that is not the point.. I WOULD KNOW !
i have integrity !
THESE are the type people who need to be held in high regard around here (and there is many of them)
and they have their seats reserved for the Altcoin wave #2 the rebirth i think.
We need to start over fresh with REAL supporters who support the concept of digital currencies..
NOT the concept of digital ponzi scheme tech LOL

Every single word i say here at Bitcointalk is a steal toe boot on the necks of everyone keeping pressure on them permanently to do the right thing !
Why ? because in a selfish way this will benefit me and everyone !
Making a positive scene with quality people and standards and integrity will attract the Richard Branson's into the world to crypto currency tech
and we can then hopefully avoid attracting kids from Reddit to buy into Ponze / Doge Scheme coins with their after school 12 GPU's they bought.

Guys we let greedy irresponsible stupid children take over the Altcoin scene and we are right now suffering the consequences.
They made a big stinky corrupt mess and sold out and ran off.
Doge coin should have went nowhere !
It should have never reached the heights of popularity it did.. that was appalling and the equivalent of taking a fat stinky shit on Bitcoin itself Sad

Bitcoin is king until a true contender for its crown arrives and i would like to be able to see it when it comes along
but i can't !
Because the greedy selfish name changing leeches in our scene flooding us with so much scammy clone'y corrupt garbage  Roll Eyes
if a truly legit contender is posted here in the ANN section i won't see or hear about it for months probably.
It's not just about market dilution decimating our coin prices.. it's flooding us with so much scams / p&d ponzi's its hard for legit coins to get noticed.
Things are a mess.. it's REALLY bad and i think we're going to get worse price wise before we get a lot better.

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mashac

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:22:40 PM

I am skeptical Bitcoin will do much either.. so far it's hovering around $500 for a loooong time.
It always seems to correct back to that estimated value.
It will take a bloody miracle for it to hit $10,000 any time soon and how long will that take ?

Lol.. so this is your problem. Altcoins diluted the crypto market and your precious BTC didn't reached $10,000 as fast as you expected. Then you got butthurt and went full retard. Rest is history. Grin
amacar

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:29:08 PM

I think that altcoins are not dead. A few of them have a potential to replace bitcoin. If we look at bitcoin it is not really so good. Slow confirmation times (who will wait 60 min for 6 confirmations when buying sandwich and juice), bad distribution and so on. I will wait what future brings, but for now I have all my "savings" in BTC
chicken65

Activity: 770
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:13:12 PM

Im barely six weeks to this scene (not new to trading btw)

I was attracted by Bitcoin for one simple reason - I despise fiat and its resulting enslavement for all humans.
So I arrived and bought a few Bitcoins. Price going down, fair enough Im use to fluctuating markets.
Then I noticed there were other coins, then I was shocked to see there are hundreds of them. Immediately I thought
thats a major distraction on multiple levels, and essentially diluting the potential power of BTC.

I now see this scene filled with monumental greed, scammery, an abundance of amateurs
from the traders (some of who are barely teenagers) to the devs/programmers who are stupidly deemed by many as benevolent
angels who can do no wrong, Then theres the exchanges, none of which I have much faith in.

i have a couple of small investments in other alt coins but I don't really see them going anywhere. I may continue to buy a few more Bitcoins, but on the other hand I may stick to what I know which is metals. I do want to buy more Bitcoin, but right now I see a stagnant and perhaps failing market across
cryptos. I do hope im wrong.

Those who have no interest in the prime directive of what Bitcoin is supposed to be about, and your all about making a quick financial killing (literally speaking btw) then go and invest in arms manufacturers, specifically tank manufacturers. Rheinmetall would be a good place to start. Some huge orders are about to happen there if the Nato idiots gets their way. I dont need to explain why

One last thing: What concerns me the most is despite all sorts of good news for BTC adoption the price continues to falter.

Anyway, good luck to all  Smiley

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:17:33 PM

I am skeptical Bitcoin will do much either.. so far it's hovering around $500 for a loooong time.
It will take a bloody miracle for it to hit $10,000 any time soon and how long will that take ?

Lol.. so this is your problem. Altcoins diluted the crypto market and your precious BTC didn't reached $10,000 as fast as you expected. Then you got butthurt and went full retard. Rest is history. Grin

thanks any other stories about magical unicorns you wanna make up ?
it needed more dragons son lol

reality check time kid..

i was on cryptsy chat and this forum since bitcoin was $60 running my mouth as i always do (being held accountable)
and i always said i figured Bitcoin to $10 grand was simply laughable and i highly doubted it would get there any time soon *if at all.

which is why i sold off 75% of all my Bitcoin at about $990 and the rest not long after at a lower price.
I had no belief at any point it was going to 10k and i was more than happy to sell at a thousand dollars a coin.
i think BTC at a grand per coin is waaaaaaay over priced considering most of the world still does not use Bitcoin.

If there was some new ETF regulations as the Legendary"ETF"Vlad has mentioned over the lat year
and it went on stock market portfolio's over night then yeah maybe its proper value is 1k or 10k
but with the usage and user base we have now and what BTC has had going back 6 months i think 1k is on the high side
and i have said that all long in some way or another.

sorry no "Gotchya" for you son lol

The truth hurts so it's best to make up lies about people and try and attack them..
that will shine up your rose colored glass's and make everything look 'perty'  Kiss

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:57:03 PM

I don't think that alt-coins have made any serious impact on BTC so far.....and I'm agreeing with most of what Spoetniks posted.
This scene is basically eating it's own arse for a quick profit......we should be looking outwards at the big wide world of mainstream adoption, genuinely useful features, user-friendliness, etc...instead much of the alt-coin scene seems to concentrate on separating n00bs from their wallet contents as quickly as possible.

Just a pity that S can't see how NXT is actually exactly what he's looking for in a crypto-currency, so we're probably doomed to argue it out until the end of time. Grin

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:36:38 PM

@EvilDave you don't think Altcoin have impacted Bitcoin ?
Have you seen Coindesk ? The Altcoin News stories are posted side by side with Bitcoin !
You can't just wish they were separate..

Compare doing a Google search on Bitcoin right now vs what you would have seen a year ago.. how does that look ? LOL

Pretending Altcoins have not taken a fat shit on BTC and damaged it's price + reputation is pure naive and ignorant bullshit !

and i have harped on this point for ages too.. because few people ever agree or even see what i am saying.

All you had to do was look at the height of popularity with "Doge Scheme" coin back when it was big..
when the cheerleaders and bag holders were running across the web spamming every web site they could
with insane retarded lies about how it's waaaaaaay better than bitcoin and it's market cap was almost beating Bitcoin
and how it would overtake Bitcoin in Market cap and price REALLY SOON !!!!!!!1111 'much profits' and 'very' this and 'such' that.. etc etc
and i seen this greedy deceitful idiots barking on weird and random and surprising places that had ZERO to do with crypto too !

where did these mouthy losers go ?

you don't think a lot of people got screwed over on Doge and countless other "Doge Scheme" coins ? and how it was directly linked to Bitcoin itself ?
What is "Doge Scheme" coin worth now ? 0.00000025 ? and way back ?
That is a lot of poor people with empty wallets / Bank Accounts ..having to explain to people who they borrowed money from to invest from etc
And empty wallets suckered on Ponzi schemes is not going to make Bitcoin look good.. wake up guys !
Seriously wake the fuck up !

Stop biting the hand that feeds you Mensa Genius's  Roll Eyes

When you support shitcoin's that damage Bitcoin your a self-destructive idiot.
Why ? because your goal is obviously to CASH OUT to --> Bitcoin.. but the act of cashing out scam coins makes BTC worth less over time.. smart ? get it ?
i doubt it ..this is Bitcointalk where guys who run Exchanges defend these "Doge Scheme" coins getting rich while chanting "Free Market" and "User Demand"  Roll Eyes
well congrats idiots you fucked it up bad... like i said you would all along.. i told you so !

rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:52:17 PM

The whole cryptoscene has been a farce since BTC went on its first pump and then dump, then accounts got hacked, people began to treat it as a commodity, criminal activity ensued, a handful of people controlled the exchange rate, exchanges shamelessly pumped the coin themselves.

There is no dignity in BTC, it is an Albanian Pyramid Scheme, and the little alts in comparison are nowhere near its league in promoting horrible behaviour and greed.

BTC is John Steinbeck's "Pearl" so watch you don't get your head blown off!

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 12:19:04 PM

Go home kids.. Nothing to see here!

It's all over but for a handful of sorry bagholders.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:12:54 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2015, 05:49:04 PM by illodin

Go home kids.. Nothing to see here!

It's all over but for a handful of sorry bagholders.

Yes it's all over again.

Who's gonna be the next Quark? Or the next Nxt? Or the next Darkcoin?
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:50:21 PM

hey what doesn't kill ya ... makes ya yadda yadda.

i know a fat lady and she's not singing ... but the field is tighter.

wanting to launch a new coin ... best of luck ... better to bring something new to the table ... kinda tough since the ETH theme basically means the NXT level is both a network and operating system all wrapped in a blockchain.

but why bother with creating a new network when you can just pump an asset?

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
d0om

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:04:15 PM

Alts are getting dumped like yesterday's garbage.

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:08:36 PM

Alts are getting dumped like yesterday's garbage.

I told these guys who are responsible for it every step of the way month after month after year..
there *used to be a large crowd here that would try and argue with me by discrediting me and trolling me..
they vanished !
as i said they would..
i even predicted the downfall of Dogecoin and when then posted i told you so when it happened.
all along the whole scene just mouths me off calls me a troll etc

whether people like me or not my predictions have be on the money spot on !
and i warned the scene what they were doing is self destructive.
but they won't listen.. and kept on doing it (shady greedy shallow crap)

a key part of the problem i think is simply, patience !
people are not willing to wait and invest in something legit.. they want profit's and lambo's asap !
this behavior and mentality cause the scene to invest in hollow valueless garbage
and that in turn is support.. support for crap coins.
if you buy them or mine them and sell them etc you ARE supporting them.

NOW ?
We have the legit guys.. which if you look at the post history these are the same guys who argued with me 24/7 for years
now parading around agreeing with me because it's trendy (and because they have no choice they killed the altcoin scene)
these same guys are full of shit and will go back to pumping crap coins as soon as a new big crowd comes here..
Who am i talking about ? the top 10 on CoinmarketCrap.. all bullshit coins except 1 or 2 pretty much.
They all just play the legit angle.. better than not trying but still.. still crap coins.

Did i see even one of you out there agree with me when i had to fight Gliss who runs CoinmarketCrap ?
Sorry but i was on my own.. and an army of cheerleaders came after me calling me a troll etc (the usual routine)
then once again i have the fuckers cornered and they realize i was right and i had them on the ropes publicly
and bam !
CoinmarketCrap now an Asterisk besides coins.
and that is because i personally suggested it and bitched them all out (they were using IPO coins to manipulate the list/markets)

I have *often single handily kicked this entire global scene's ass.

i do something and then things are changed and different forever.
while the rest of you out there were hiding.. making money off anything you could.
NOW ..you all want to play Altcoin Morality Police Hero.
Once you destroyed the altcoin scene and most guys left LOL

I fucking told you so idiots.. you fucked it up and only now in desperation agree with me.
Congrats for ruining a good thing and pissing on the potential.

When i posted on the Doge coin ANN topic is was a cancerous embarrassment (when it was launched)
You guys should have stepped up and agreed with me and avoided it.
What did you all do instead ?

NOW you all bash it like it's normal.. hypocrites all of you.. utterly full of shit !
Go look at the Doge coin ANN topic and find my first comment early on.
and see if even one single guy agreed with me.. you won't find ANYONE !

This crap is dead..
And i sure as hell will not advise anyone i know friends or family or even strangers to get involved in this stupid crap ./period

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:21:16 PM

Are you saying you don't like altcoins?
gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 10:42:27 PM

Altcoins have had a major price increase recently so I don't understand some of these opinions.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:06:42 AM

Call me what you want but i am right.. always !
Look at my post history like you said guy and you will see all of my predictions were accurate ..end of story.

Don't like my shitcoin sez dev coin cloner.. then your a troll  Roll Eyes
how creative did you just make that one up NextGenCrypto ?

And what a nice name too "NextGenCrypto" LOL
So uhh what is a NextGenCrypto ?
Is that a new wave of shit coins parading around masquerading as legit ?
With bag holders playing the long con ?

Let me guess the more convoluted this crap coin is and the more you guys loiter around spamming
the more legit it becomes right ?

But hey if you can't refute any point i made you can always just call me a Troll.

everything on CoinMarketCrap is a clone except Bitcoin itself.
And how many of them had any merit to warrant a launch ?
virtually none.
8,000 coins and i am a Troll ?
are you guys high on drugs ?
brain damaged ?

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:54:08 PM

At end the only altcoins to bring real value were not backed by the Bitcoin source-code, while BTC keeps rightfully leading the crypto revolution, its coins like Monero that bring real alternative to both Bitcoin and Fiat currencies.

Monero's just another shitcoin don't kid yourself and drag others into yet another pumped up shitcoin.

Couldn't said it better.. they cloned the whole code and are saying they are the future what a joke.

Dog shit Monero hype  Roll Eyes

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 02:01:06 PM

LOL bullshit.. i laughed my ass off and mocked the hell out of all the guys said 10k was coming..
I said unless it goes on the US stock exchange with strict regulations .. it's not happening.
And back in late 2013 Bitcoin to 10k was being posted on troll Boxes all over 24/7  ..by morons !
While i said that i also said i was cashing out everything i can at 1k per BTC too !
I said the frenzy of bad behavior woudl kill Crypto and take Bitcoin down with it *to some degree.
And i was right.. as ALWAYS !

2016 and look around Shill's..

I TOLD YOU SO !

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 02:38:27 PM

I think we'll see another big hype and maybe a new BTC bubble around/after the halving. This upsurge in price together with improved awareness and acceptance (in comparison to 2013) will inevitably lead to the next big wave of shitcoins.
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 03:34:09 PM

Sounds like you dont like altcoins just because you don't like them. 

It kind of weakens your scam accusations though. 

Since you dont like altcoins inherently you'd say anything to discredit them so why should we listen to anything you say.

Youre like the old racist guy in 12 angry men.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: