Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:59:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning : Scam website  (Read 2420 times)
ku4eto (OP)

Activity: 194
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:12:34 PM

Guys, please BE AWARE OF the following scam website:
bitx10.com

I do not know if someone actually posted such a link here, but if someone was advertising it should be banned ASAP. I am working for a hosting company and just received an abuse report regarding this website :

Message: Fraudulent Site being hosted: bitx10.com Please note that the owner of the above mentioned site runs a fraudulent scheme and have thus far funneled thousands of dollars through the website. He offers people ten times their money back within a day. If one however go into detail and analyse the deposits received against the payments being made its very clear that no money is ever returned to any investor. All this information is readily available on the Bitcoin blockchain for anybody who is willing to do a bit of leg work. The payouts being listed on the site is all a scam and most probably money that is just bounced form one account to another to create the impression of \'payouts\' As they say, suckers are born every minute and this is clear by the number of deposits this person is raking in. For today alone there is more than ten already. If at all possible can this site be shut down before more innocent people lose their money to this scammer. Regards ****  ( censored by me )

I blocked the account, but it was total scam. Be aware of the possible things you encounter.

I will also copy/paste a part of the Whois information :

Domain Name: BITX10.COM
   Registrar: NAMESILO, LLC
   Whois Server: whois.namesilo.com
   Referral URL: http://www.namesilo.com
   Name Server: DNS1.FREEHOSTIA.COM
   Name Server: DNS2.FREEHOSTIA.COM
   Updated Date: 17-aug-2014
   Creation Date: 16-aug-2014
   Expiration Date: 16-aug-2015
Domain Name: bitx10.com
Created On: 2014-08-16
Expiration Date: 2015-08-16

Registrant Name: Thomas Ben
Registrant Street1: United States
Registrant City: New York
Registrant State/Province: NY
Registrant Postal Code: 94203
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1 347-517-8427
Registrant Email: caspersunlight@yandex.ru

Admin Name: Thomas Ben
Admin Street1: United States
Admin City: New York
Admin State/Province: NY
Admin Postal Code: 94203
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1 347-517-8427
Admin Email: caspersunlight@yandex.ru

Billing Name: Thomas Ben
Billing Street1: United States
Billing City: New York
Billing State/Province: NY
Billing Postal Code: 94203
Billing Country: US
Billing Phone: +1 347-517-8427
Billing Email: caspersunlight@yandex.ru

Tech Name: Thomas Ben
Tech Street1: United States

Tech City: New York
Tech State/Province: NY
Tech Postal Code: 94203
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1 347-517-8427
Tech Email: caspersunlight@yandex.ru

The above mentioned information is all fake, the provided details for the account were actually from Netherlands.

The domain will no longer be hosted on any of our platforms ( including Freehostia ).  
The account was blocked right away, and i have advised the one who reported it to also forward this report to the registrar, to have the domain Superlocked ( serverHold ).

I will attach screenshots of what the website looks like. I  may as well actually report it to the Registrar.

The domain is currently not operationable, but soon it may come online again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 05:38:36 PM

I'm glad you guys blocked the site, its was me who sent that email to you.

Just a hint for all bitcoin users. There are many sites out there offering 'scams' like these i.e. double your bitcoin etc.. Another one I reported which was also shutdown was doubleurbt.com

Before you fall for any of this do a bit of homework and go look at the blockchain. With the bitx10.com site they offered 10 times your deposit within 24 hours which should already set off all kinds of alarm bells in your head.

If you look at the address they gave on the site you would see that no funds were ever returned to any of the deposit addresses meaning no return payments were made. Yes, they could have done so from another address but if you take the addresses of those who sent funds to this site you will see that they never received a ten times payment within 24 hours either meaning that nobody got their 'ten times' return.

There are also several PTC (Pay to click) sites where you surf sites and get paid. However, before they pay you they ask that you first send them btc to confirm your address which is clearly a scam. One such site was surf-profit.com which I also had shut down. Before it was shut down close to US$29,000 was sent to the owner of the site with nothing ever being paid back to the people.

So do your homework, unless of course you love giving money away for nothing  Wink

Hasher99

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:11:28 PM

bitx10.com

I do not know if someone actually posted such a link here, but if someone was advertising it should be banned ASAP. I am working for a hosting company and just received an abuse report regarding this website :

Message: Fraudulent Site being hosted: bitx10.com Please note that the owner of the above mentioned site runs a fraudulent scheme and have thus far funneled thousands of dollars through the website. He offers people ten times their money back within a day. If one however go into detail and analyse the deposits received against the payments being made its very clear that no money is ever returned to any investor. All this information is readily available on the Bitcoin blockchain for anybody who is willing to do a bit of leg work. The payouts being listed on the site is all a scam and most probably money that is just bounced form one account to another to create the impression of \'payouts\' As they say, suckers are born every minute and this is clear by the number of deposits this person is raking in. For today alone there is more than ten already. If at all possible can this site be shut down before more innocent people lose their money to this scammer. Regards ****  ( censored by me )

I blocked the account, but it was total scam. Be aware of the possible things you encounter.

I will also copy/paste a part of the Whois information :

Domain Name: BITX10.COM
   Registrar: NAMESILO, LLC
   Whois Server: whois.namesilo.com
   Referral URL: http://www.namesilo.com
   Updated Date: 17-aug-2014
   Creation Date: 16-aug-2014
   Expiration Date: 16-aug-2015
Domain Name: bitx10.com
Created On: 2014-08-16
Expiration Date: 2015-08-16

Registrant Name: Thomas Ben
Registrant Street1: United States
Registrant City: New York
Registrant State/Province: NY
Registrant Postal Code: 94203
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1 347-517-8427
Registrant Email: caspersunlight@yandex.ru

Admin Name: Thomas Ben
Admin Street1: United States
Admin City: New York
Admin State/Province: NY
Admin Postal Code: 94203
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1 347-517-8427
Admin Email: caspersunlight@yandex.ru

Billing Name: Thomas Ben
Billing Street1: United States
Billing City: New York
Billing State/Province: NY
Billing Postal Code: 94203
Billing Country: US
Billing Phone: +1 347-517-8427
Billing Email: caspersunlight@yandex.ru

Tech Name: Thomas Ben
Tech Street1: United States

Tech City: New York
Tech State/Province: NY
Tech Postal Code: 94203
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1 347-517-8427
Tech Email: caspersunlight@yandex.ru

The above mentioned information is all fake, the provided details for the account were actually from Netherlands.

The domain will no longer be hosted on any of our platforms ( including Freehostia ).  
The account was blocked right away, and i have advised the one who reported it to also forward this report to the registrar, to have the domain Superlocked ( serverHold ).

I will attach screenshots of what the website looks like. I  may as well actually report it to the Registrar.

Thanks of letting us know of such scams,scams generation is the cause of more and more bitcoin hungry people who believe in such
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:16:11 PM

Such a shame to see more and more scam websites, it's always a good thing that they get found out but in the time it takes for them to get found out they could have  taken thousands which is a shame. Thank you for letting us know about this.
crazyALT47

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:17:46 PM

bitx10.com

How do you know it is a scam site if the domain is not pointing anywhere?
Envrin

Activity: 318
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:18:24 PM

You mean a 1000% return on my money every 24 hours isn't possible?

I'm shocked.
niktitan132
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:23:40 PM

I hope users are not so stupid that they believe in 10x return of investment...a return of 10x is impossible to make in 1 day.Then,why the owner of that site doesn't invest his own BTC and get 10x return of his own investment every day with such methods everyone would have been a millionaire...
niktitan132
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:24:55 PM

bitx10.com

How do you know it is a scam site if the domain is not pointing anywhere?

The domain points to the website and it's online.
RustyNomad

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 06:28:30 PM

You should have read the intro on the site. Something about that they found a discrepancy in the btc code which resulted in more coins being paid out than what was sent and they found a way to manipulate this and make 1% per transaction. They however did many transaction and by doing so managed a TWENTY times returns. They said that this 'error' in the code would be fixed at some time so people needed to act fast while it could be manipulated.

In order for them to make the 20x return they however required more btc so they wanted investors and was then willing to split the gains 50/50 i.e. the 10x return.

EDIT: Seems like the site is back up again.

Here is the intro from the site:

No matter how secure and innovative would be Bitcoins, they are just some bytes on a digital storage medium and they can be copied as well as any digital information. We've thoroughly studied the Bitcoin client from within and have found an almost imperceptible but very significant flaw (associated with the commission), using it we have committed a Bitcoin transaction in which the recipient has received more Bitcoins than the sender has sent. Unfortunately, the difference is not so great (about 1%) and if you make only one transaction by a small amount your capital will not increase much, but if you make transactions permanently and by a large amount, you can get rich very quickly.

 We've discovered this flaw recently and have not yet managed to win a lot, but every day we multiply our money twenty times and want to do it more. We all understand that such a freebie can not continue for a lot of time and this flaw will be found and corrected in the near future, but until that happens, we want to win as much as possible. That is why we have launched this website, where you can make an investment and we will multiply it twenty times. Half of this money we will give to you, it means that your investment will be returned to you tenfold in the next 24 hours.

 All you have to do is to transfer some Bitcoins to address listed below (we do not accept investments below 0.01 Bitcoins) and your investment will be multiplied tenfold and will be transferred to your wallet within 24 hours.

ku4eto (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:34:21 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 07:16:40 PM by ku4eto

This scammer is sure quick about changing the hosts. The scam website is now once again operational at the same domain . This time is hosted by :

ns3.qhoster.net.   ['80.83.123.79']   [TTL=172800]
ns2.qhoster.net.   ['192.241.207.205']   [TTL=172800]
ns4.qhoster.net.   ['176.126.245.40']   [TTL=172800]
ns1.qhoster.net.   ['146.185.168.204']   [TTL=172800]

www.bitx10.com -> bitx10.com -> [ 192.169.82.254  ]

I have taken this to a registrar level report. I hope this time the domain gets SuperLocked ( serverHold ). Unfortunately i cannot make such report as a represantive of another hosting company as i can get fired for this. Instead i made this as a client request. If they decide to not super lock it, next step is ICANN.

Aaaand edit :

Hello,
The customer has been suspended immediately.

QHoster are actually quite fast.

Aaand edit #2 : the even better news :

Thanks. The domain has been suspended and will no longer resolve.

It seems that the Registrar superlocked the domain, currently i am not able to dig any NS from the available web variants. In Thursday i will be able to check it from the work , as currently my Linux distro is not working.
dekodoge

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:18:01 PM

This your man?

http://vk.com/caspersun

Sergey Viktorovich Bugre
!!!
Birthday:November 4, 1985
Hometown:Childbirth
Relationship status:Married to Yulia Scherbakha
Studied at:Chubarevskoe School '04
Languages:Russian , Ukrainian , English
Father:Viktor Bugrim
Siblings:Marina Zareshnyuk , Elena Bugrim , Sanya Bugrim
They are:Rostislav Buğra
Show full information
niktitan132
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:18:22 PM

You should have read the intro on the site. Something about that they found a discrepancy in the btc code which resulted in more coins being paid out than what was sent and they found a way to manipulate this and make 1% per transaction. They however did many transaction and by doing so managed a TWENTY times returns. They said that this 'error' in the code would be fixed at some time so people needed to act fast while it could be manipulated.

In order for them to make the 20x return they however required more btc so they wanted investors and was then willing to split the gains 50/50 i.e. the 10x return.

EDIT: Seems like the site is back up again.

Here is the intro from the site:

No matter how secure and innovative would be Bitcoins, they are just some bytes on a digital storage medium and they can be copied as well as any digital information. We've thoroughly studied the Bitcoin client from within and have found an almost imperceptible but very significant flaw (associated with the commission), using it we have committed a Bitcoin transaction in which the recipient has received more Bitcoins than the sender has sent. Unfortunately, the difference is not so great (about 1%) and if you make only one transaction by a small amount your capital will not increase much, but if you make transactions permanently and by a large amount, you can get rich very quickly.

 We've discovered this flaw recently and have not yet managed to win a lot, but every day we multiply our money twenty times and want to do it more. We all understand that such a freebie can not continue for a lot of time and this flaw will be found and corrected in the near future, but until that happens, we want to win as much as possible. That is why we have launched this website, where you can make an investment and we will multiply it twenty times. Half of this money we will give to you, it means that your investment will be returned to you tenfold in the next 24 hours.

 All you have to do is to transfer some Bitcoins to address listed below (we do not accept investments below 0.01 Bitcoins) and your investment will be multiplied tenfold and will be transferred to your wallet within 24 hours.

They have written a good intro story for this site. lol But,the story isn't true!  Wink
RustyNomad

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 07:46:16 PM

They have written a good intro story for this site. lol But,the story isn't true!  Wink

Just a pity so many have fallen for the scam already.
ku4eto (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:04:24 PM

This your man?

http://vk.com/caspersun

Sergey Viktorovich Bugre
!!!
Birthday:November 4, 1985
Hometown:Childbirth
Relationship status:Married to Yulia Scherbakha
Studied at:Chubarevskoe School '04
Languages:Russian , Ukrainian , English
Father:Viktor Bugrim
Siblings:Marina Zareshnyuk , Elena Bugrim , Sanya Bugrim
They are:Rostislav Buğra
Show full information

I am not sure if this is the proper man.

Anyways , the email caspersunlight@yandex.ru is also linked in the Whois information for another domain : makebtc.us , which seems to be as well hosted in QHoster , where is as well currently suspended. I will maybe as well file a second Registrar level report for another superlock. But i am too tired, probably tomorrow.
suman66

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:59:16 PM

Thanks for informing me about this website
foxcoin07

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:32:25 PM

I think the website changed it's name a bit. BitX10.org I was looking for reviews on the .org website to see if it's a scam and found this. I'm wondering if they're the same.
bigasic

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:43:08 PM

Yes, the new scam site is .org now, not .com.. They did a good job.. website looks legit.. the only problem is that there isnt any leaks as to get bitcoin 10x for free.. I hope most of the "deposits" listed are fake, surely the returns are..
ciprian220

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:44:45 PM

thanks for info!!
foxcoin07

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:14:51 AM

@bigasic I looked at the deposits. it looks real but that could be planted. I'm disappointed though I was hoping it would work. it would've been nice to BTC that easily.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: