Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:31:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bit-Pay offers daily direct deposit to SIX additional countries (GBP, EUR)  (Read 2070 times)
BitPay Business Solutions (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 06:39:38 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2012, 09:36:48 PM by Bit-pay Merchant Solutions

Bit-Pay can now support SIX additional countries with daily direct deposits into the merchant's local bank accounts.  The countries include the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the Netherlands.  This brings the total number of countries to nine, including the United States, Canada, and Mexico.

Merchants can accept bitcoins with any of our versatile, easy-to-use payment tools. Merchants can choose to keep the bitcoins, or have some of all of them instantaly converted to their local currency.  The funds are transferred directly to bank accounts every business day.

Bit-Pay will collect a processing fee from each payment. It is important to note that our payout is guaranteed in the merchants local currency. So if they set an order price in Pesos, they receive that exact amount of pesos, minus our fee. It does not matter how many bitcoins we collect, how long it takes us to sell them, or what we can sell them for. The merchant has zero volatility risk of accepting bitcoins with Bit-Pay.

The processing fees are as follows:

GBP, EUR:  3.99 % all inclusive for order processing, currency conversion, and funds transfer
No Hidden Fees!  One low fee is all you pay for everything.

Typical funds transfer time is 2-3 business days.

Login to your account and select the "Direct Deposit" icon to see the new payout choices!

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 02:42:51 PM

When will you support China ?  Wink

teste

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 03:48:52 PM

Any plan to support Brazil?

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2012, 03:55:54 PM

The banking rules in Brazil are strict, and in China even stricter. 

To open a bank account there, you need proof of local residency.  As volumes pick up, we may be able to justify the costs to invest in this, but for now its not the best use of the capital we have. 

If you have a specific merchant that is interested, by all means contact me, and i will see what we can work out.

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2012, 03:57:18 PM

you guys are awesome, thanks for enabling euro transfers with your service. Any chance you raise those limits for businesses ?
And here goes another, the euro wires are sent internationally or from within SEPA zone ?
Thanks

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2012, 04:01:24 PM

you guys are awesome, thanks for enabling euro transfers with your service. Any chance you raise those limits for businesses ?
And here goes another, the euro wires are sent internationally or from within SEPA zone ?
Thanks

We have two stable sources for Euro transfers, so even if one becomes disrupted we can still operate for our merchants.  They are not available to all EURO/SEPA countries just yet though, just the 5 countries I mentioned, plus the UK.

Right now we don't have any businesses hitting the limits, but we do have options in place incase we need to go higher.  it's a paperwork hassle, so there's no need to burden every account with it.

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2012, 04:08:23 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2012, 09:47:23 AM by paraipan

Thanks

We have two stable sources for Euro transfers, so even if one becomes disrupted we can still operate for our merchants.  They are not available to all EURO/SEPA countries just yet though, just the 5 countries I mentioned, plus the UK.

Right now we don't have any businesses hitting the limits, but we do have options in place incase we need to go higher.  it's a paperwork hassle, so there's no need to burden every account with it.

nice to know, hope i get to do the paperwork of the online marketplace soon and get to use your service in Madrid, Spain
i will surely contact you guys if i get in troubles with the transfer limits on bit-pay  Smiley

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 03:48:22 AM

nice to know, hope i get to done the paperwork and the online marketplace real soon and get to use your service in Madrid, Spain
i will surely contact you guys if i get in troubles with the transfer limits on bit-pay  Smiley

Great!  We look forward to working with you.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 11:30:01 AM

Do you also pay out in USD to EU bank accounts? The USD fees are much lower (probably due to higher volumes in exchanges? I personally don't really get why you wouldn't just do USD <--> EUR outside of MtGox in that case, but well...) and 3.99% means I might often have fees above Painpal ones.

Anyways, it might still take a while for my project(s) anyways and I'm looking forward to the day on which you support all SEPA countries... Wink

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 04:59:13 PM

Hello bit-pay,

Do you have some stats about your services? Can you tell us approx. how many btc are spent using your services, and the trend (growing, stagnating, decreasing)?

Yes I know I'm curious but I think it would be a good indicator of the health of the bitcoin economy.
Raphael
Steve

Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 05:51:21 PM

We processed over 7000 BTC (about $35,000) worth in transactions during April and that is strong growth over the previous month.  This represents bitcoins being used in real commerce to buy real goods and services.  We are happy with our progress thus far and believe that several more years of investment will yield good results.  Looking forward, our continued growth is dependent on our ability to attract more merchants selling higher priced products.  We believe that our ability to deliver risk free, next day deposits for very large, international orders sets us apart from many other payment processors.

(gasteve on IRC) Does your website accept cash? https://bitpay.com
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 05:53:50 PM

We processed over 7000 BTC (about $35,000) worth in transactions during April and that is strong growth over the previous month.  This represents bitcoins being used in real commerce to buy real goods and services.  We are happy with our progress thus far and believe that several more years of investment will yield good results.  Looking forward, our continued growth is dependent on our ability to attract more merchants selling higher priced products.  We believe that our ability to deliver risk free, next day deposits for very large, international orders sets us apart from many other payment processors.

Awesome! So both Bit-pay and BitInstant saw excellent growth in April. Great to see corroborating figures.

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 05:58:16 PM

Awesome! So both Bit-pay and BitInstant saw excellent growth in April. Great to see corroborating figures.

I would expect our numbers to be much, much smaller than what goes through the exchanges.  Bitcoinica doing $1M/month is just crazy as well.

Bitcoin will probably track many other commodities like oil, gold, etc.  There is much more activity in trading them than in actually using them.  Gold and Silver, for example, regularly trade volumes on the exchange in one day that is equivalent to their entire annual production!

unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 06:28:46 PM

Thanks, that's very very good news. Better than the results of biitinstant, because that means the bitcoin economy is alive, and not only in the back market. I hope you keep on growing Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: