Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:49:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-GLBSE Public call for investments in Mining co  (Read 7620 times)
Mr. Piglet (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 10:33:23 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2013, 06:44:23 AM by Mr. Piglet

Hello,

as many might be aware, Butterfly Labs started providing some interesting mining equipment. The best one being quite expensive compared to the singles, I was wondering if anyone would like to finance a mining rig.

Name|Hashing power (mhash/s)|Power Usage (watt)|Price (USD)|mhash/$|mhash/watt
Single|832|80|599|1.388981|10.4
Mini-Rig|25200|1250|15295|1.647597|20.16
Source: http://www.butterflylabs.com/products/

As you can see, twice the power efficiency and almost 20% more mhash/$. It is an interesting options but quite prohibitive. Up here in Quebec I have cheap hydroelectricity so I was wondering if anyone would want to invest in a mining operation.

If you'd like to potentially invest and get my private info and, PM me. Also, add namjies on skype to have a chat. I'll have a group for news about the operation, to keep people updated.

Contract (motion) pending with creation @ GLBSE.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mr. Piglet (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 01:28:05 AM

My creation fee should be on it's way Nefario.
Mr. Piglet (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 06:55:52 AM

Update: website created and being improved on in prevision of IPO (see main post edit)
BinaryMage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 01:07:27 AM

Hope you're ready for some questions.

1. "Cheap" electricity? Numbers, please.
2. BFL has a hugely backed-up waiting list. It could take multiple months for the hardware to arrive. Thoughts/plans?
3. According to what I see on your website (quoting for reference)
If equipment maintenance expenses are less than 10%: 10% will be kept for electricity and administration fees. [...] 40% of generated bitcoins that are kept aside will be kept for: repairs of broken mining equipment if possible and interesting costs-wise, replacement of broken equipment and purchase of new equipment.
50% cut from profits? This seems excessive. The 10% for electricity and administration is fine, but 40% for replacement? IMHO that's way off the mark. You mention that could also be used for purchasing more equipment, but you don't elaborate. Who decides when/what?
4. You state that you're planning to verify your ID. Do you have any references here on the forums (people you've dealt/worked with before)?

No ill intent, I just like information. Wink Thanks for your time!

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: