Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:03:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scottish Independence May Be Coming Soon  (Read 5020 times)
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:43:34 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 01:01:31 PM by Balthazar

So if they become independent, is england going to bomb the shit outta them as Ukraine is doing in crimea? Grin
I don't think that London would need any kind of bombing to resolve this issues by force, because there are enough troops on scottish territory.

Looks like you're confused a little. Smiley It's a Donetsk Republic who have seen a kind of ultimate solution through humanitarian bombings shortly after referendum. Nobody bombed Crimea because it would be a suicide for the Ukraine.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Paya

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:56:42 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 01:11:27 PM by Paya

I am not familiar with rules for the Scottish referendum. Do they need 50% + 1 "yes" of all registered voters, or they're counting only those who actually cast their vote?
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:02:29 PM

So if they become independent, is england going to bomb the shit outta them as Ukraine is doing in crimea? Grin
I don't think that London will need any kind of humanitarian bombings because there are enough troops on scottish territory.

Looks like you're a little confused. It's a Donetsk Republic who have seen a kind of ultimate solution through humanitarian bombings, shortly after referendum. Nobody bombed Crimea because it would be a suicide for the Ukraine.  Roll Eyes

Yea, i was oversimplifying because of the funny parallel.
And "humanitarian bombing", ahahaha. nice one. ^^

However,are you implying that they actually have to be independent to cease fire as it happened in crimea?! go vote dombassers.. Roll Eyes
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:31:28 PM

OK, another offtopic message Smiley

go vote dombassers.. Roll Eyes
They already tried this way and got the bombs & shellings instead of answer. New ceasefire agreement includes a local elections in these regions, but it seems that none of the parties is going to follow this agreement. They have too many mutual trust issues.

However,are you implying that they actually have to be independent to cease fire as it happened in crimea?!
With exception for Sevastopol's incident there was no fighting in the Crimea.  Roll Eyes Because RoC and LPR/DPR situations are very different.

• First, it already was an autonomous republic with own judicial, legislative and executive power. It had a legitimate parliament and direct control over police forces.
  • Second, a significant part of population here is presented with military personnel, retired officers and their families. They have the skills of warfare, usage of military equipment, etc. In contrast to the Donbass, the military professions are dominant here.
  • Third, there were ~10k of russian troops stationed according to treaties. According to these treaties, they were obliged to maintain the security measures in case of emergency situation.

That's the reason why Ukraine never tried, and would never try to do anything there.

P.S. It's interesting that in case of UK - Scotland situation is a kind of opposite. Despite the fact that referendum was allowed by the central government, there are military bases on the Scotland territory. These bases could be used for suppression because there is no 3rd party to stop them.
murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:35:24 PM

P.S. It's interesting that in case of UK - Scotland situation is a kind of opposite. Despite the fact that referendum was allowed by the central government, there are military bases on the Scotland territory. These bases could be used for suppression because there is no 3rd party to stop them.

It is a rather bizarre suggestion that the UK would use military force to prevent Scotland becoming independent, having just held a referendum on that subject. If Scotland votes for independence, it will become independent. I don't think even the most fervent Yes supporters think anything like that would happen.
The same is true for Northern Ireland. It has been the stated position of the UK government for decades that if a majority of Northern Ireland residents voted for parties supporting independence, the government would work with them to achieve that.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:40:12 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 02:50:46 PM by Balthazar

It is a rather bizarre suggestion that the UK would use military force to prevent Scotland becoming independent, having just held a referendum on that subject. If Scotland votes for independence, it will become independent.
I don't see anything strange or controversial in this suggestion. Look to the Germany or Japan for examples. They won't use force directly, but simple presence of these bases there gives them some additional influence on the government. No matter good or bad. However, I think that it's not our business.
murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:53:53 PM

It is a rather bizarre suggestion that the UK would use military force to prevent Scotland becoming independent, having just held a referendum on that subject. If Scotland votes for independence, it will become independent.
I don't see anything strange or controversial in this suggestion. Look to the Germany or Japan for examples. They won't use force directly, but simple presence of these bases there gives them some additional influence on the government. No matter good or bad. However, I think that it's not our business.

If Scotland became independent, those bases would (eventually) be transferred to the new Scottish government.
The logistics are likely to take a while to sort out, given that Trident is based there, and the UK want it and Scotland doesn't.
There is no suggestion that the UK would maintain a permanent military presence, as the US has done, Scotland wouldn't want that, and the UK certainly wouldn't want to pay for it.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:54:34 PM

I have a feeling that if Scotland secedes from the UK, then it might trigger a chain reaction. Northern Ireland will be the first one to follow Scotland, as Catholics are nearing a majority there (also, most of the protestants are of Scottish origin). The Isle of Man and the Channel Islands might also witness strong nationalist movement. Wales is quite unlikely to secede, as ethnic Welsh are a minority there.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:24:26 PM

http://rt.com/uk/187624-england-scotland-independence-rally/

15000 migrants are proud to be british for $1/day
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:37:30 AM

The latest polls show the naysayers sneaking it at the death
Have no beef in this, but hope for the scots that whatever they decide works out or them

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 09:35:28 AM

The latest opinion poll (by Yougov) puts YES in the lead with 51% (against 49% for NO). And with less than 100 hours to go for the polls, I have a feeling that this will go to the wire. The winning margin (for which ever side it might be) will be less than 1%. Reminds me of the Quebec (Canada) referendum, where NO beat YES by less than 1% of the votes....
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 01:26:19 PM

If they vote yes guys, I'm seriously considering driving over to Scotland and talking to the SNP to see if they'd be willing to adopt an entirely new currency, does anyone else in the UK have some free time that they'd be able to go as well? We could also see if we can't get Max Keiser over there too because it looks like he's back in London now, I could offer people lifts if you're on the route.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:28:44 PM

If they vote yes guys, I'm seriously considering driving over to Scotland and talking to the SNP to see if they'd be willing to adopt an entirely new currency, does anyone else in the UK have some free time that they'd be able to go as well?

I don't think they will adopt any currency other than the UKP or the Euro. Since they are going to join the European Union, I think they will prefer the Euro. Also, the British won't be too keen to allow them to use the UK Pound either. There is some discussion going there about the creation of Scottish Pound, but I don't think that will be a viable idea.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 01:55:07 PM

If they vote yes guys, I'm seriously considering driving over to Scotland and talking to the SNP to see if they'd be willing to adopt an entirely new currency, does anyone else in the UK have some free time that they'd be able to go as well?

I don't think they will adopt any currency other than the UKP or the Euro. Since they are going to join the European Union, I think they will prefer the Euro. Also, the British won't be too keen to allow them to use the UK Pound either. There is some discussion going there about the creation of Scottish Pound, but I don't think that will be a viable idea.

It will be if they do it efficiently that's why they need to talk to people who'd know about that sort of thing.
DhaniBoy

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:49:34 PM

freedom is the birthright of all nations in the world, taken with the struggle for independence, sometimes many lives must be sacrificed for a freedom, colonialism no longer in accordance with the principles and rights of the nation, even this is not in accordance with the rights of a human person, scottish entitled to independence, as well as with the independence of Palestine is part of the human right to be fought by all of us. hopefully we can fight for the rights of our independence, our nation, and other nations in the world ...  Tongue

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:55:04 PM

British PM heads to Scotland hoping to boost 'No' vote

Edinburgh (AFP) - British Prime Minister David Cameron on Monday makes his last visit to Scotland ahead of this week's independence referendum, hoping to boost the "No" vote, with polls predicting a very tight race.

Meanwhile, Queen Elizabeth II reportedly made her first comment on the referendum.

British media said the 88-year-old monarch told an onlooker after attending church near her Balmoral estate in the Scottish Highlands on Sunday: "Well, I hope people will think very carefully about the future."

More...http://news.yahoo.com/rivals-bid-votes-knife-edge-scotland-referendum-114656453.html;_ylt=AwrSyCWeDxdU.yYAoL3QtDMD

I'm definitely rooting for the Scots to pull this off.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:46:56 AM

Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:09:43 AM

That's correct because Homo Sapiens is animal too.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:39:44 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 09:53:51 AM by Balthazar

Some families in the continental ukraine are considering their relatives in the crimea as traitors. They've also removed them from social network accounts, email contacts, phone books etc. I thought that only ukrainians are capable to think this way, but it seems that idiots are the same everywhere Grin

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/13/dad-cuts-all-ties-with-daughter-and-deletes-her-from-facebook-because-she-is-voting-for-scottish-independence-4867494/

Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:21:02 AM

Whatever happens on thursday’s vote, one thing is certain, this photo will haunt you for the rest of your life:

https://twitter.com/ThePoke/status/511084494195933185/photo/1

Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: