Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:35:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scottish Independence May Be Coming Soon  (Read 5018 times)
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:05:17 PM

On a matter as time sensitive as this, the old folks should not vote at all. Let the younger generations have their say in what kind of world they will live in for the rest of their lives. The older generation is directly responsible for what ails much of society today. Yes, I'm playing generation politics here which is unfair and discriminatory but I don't care.

Do you realize what you say?

No one should be denied of any rights because of age. The older people have experience. It isn't only about pensions, it's about taking risks, and it's quite normal that the young are bigger risk-takers. The same goes for driving.

Taking educated risks is the way forward. The route away from stagnation. The route away from Brittan.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:26:20 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 11:16:01 PM by Balthazar

On a matter as time sensitive as this, the old folks should not vote at all. Let the younger generations have their say in what kind of world they will live in for the rest of their lives. The older generation is directly responsible for what ails much of society today. Yes, I'm playing generation politics here which is unfair and discriminatory but I don't care.

No one should be denied of any rights because of age. The older people have experience. It isn't only about pensions, it's about taking risks, and it's quite normal that the young are bigger risk-takers. The same goes for driving.
I haven't seen such idealism during a long time. Populist decisions are good in short-term but could result with inevitable crash in the long term. A majority of older people would always prefer to vote for populist decisions rather than good long-term solutions, that's a main issue of the representative democracy. Populists are exploiting them by offering lower taxes, higher pensions, "stability" etc. It's the same everywhere and their experience is usually irrelevant.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:07:45 AM

I haven't seen such idealism during a long time. Populist decisions are good in short-term but could result with inevitable crash in the long term. A majority of older people would always prefer to vote for populist decisions rather than good long-term solutions, that's a main issue of the representative democracy. Populists are exploiting them by offering lower taxes, higher pensions, "stability" etc. It's the same everywhere and their experience is usually irrelevant.

The same is true with women. Women as a group like to preserve the status quo. They hesitate to take risks, even if the relation between risk and reward is highly favorable. In politics most women vote for candidates that either look trustworthy or offer comforting messages. Not so much because of serious interest in political topics.

So without women being allowed to vote we would see a lot more progress in the world. Just saying. Cheesy

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
leannemckim46

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:51:40 AM

The outcome of the vote will impact younger voters more then older voters. His argument is that more people whose lives will be impacted the longest should vote in larger numbers.

A vote that affects all voters for the same amount of time (for congress or the president for example) is a very different story because such a small percentage of votes will die before they have the chance to vote again for the same issue.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:55:10 AM

With the results in from all 32 council areas, the "No" side won with 2,001,926 votes over 1,617,989 for "Yes".
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 08:32:00 AM

Poor scotland. They dropped this opportunity to cut loose, the next one is not going to be so peaceful.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 08:33:11 AM

Poor scotland. They dropped this opportunity to cut loose, the next one is not going to be so peaceful.

They were a bunch of pussies, I honestly think that was part of the problem, because they were talking about things like trying to keep the pound and so on, that's not what somebody who truly wants independence does.
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 08:38:14 AM

They were a bunch of pussies, I honestly think that was part of the problem, because they were talking about things like trying to keep the pound and so on, that's not what somebody who truly wants independence does.

I guess people are just afraid of the unknown. Specially the old people, they dont want their habits to change. Very sad that they refuse the young their independence and a much brighter future away from pounds, banksters et al.. embrace misery and cowardliness.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 08:40:41 AM

I guess people are just afraid of the unknown. Specially the old people, they dont want their habits to change. Very sad that they refuse the young their independence and a much brighter future away from pounds, banksters et al.. embrace misery and cowardliness.

Not to worry, the old people will be dead in 20 or so years and the Scottish might get another chance Tongue
Arctic

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:21:56 PM

I think you'll find that in 20 years time there will be a new batch of old people to replace the current ones...

Time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:43:56 PM

I think you'll find that in 20 years time there will be a new batch of old people to replace the current ones...
I guess that won't help.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=788220.msg8892843#msg8892843

Westminster officials shouldn't take any part in organization of local referendums. Otherwise we'll see the same results every time.
Paya

Activity: 334

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:52:18 PM

This referendum isn't the end of the world, Scots might get another chance in 15-20 years. This generation probably lost it, though. Independists will have more than enough time to rethink their strategy and to find out why the majority of people wasn't convinced that independent Scotland would be better for them.
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:54:37 PM

This referendum isn't the end of the world, Scots might get another chance in 15-20 years. This generation probably lost it, though. Independists will have more than enough time to rethink their strategy and to find out why the majority of people wasn't convinced that independent Scotland would be better for them.

Yea right excatly the same as the majority of people are going to take their time to figure bitcoin is freedom. Maybe next generation. Fucking sheeps. Roll Eyes
leannemckim46

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:49:48 PM

I would disagree. The scottland economy would be much weaker without being part of the UK, and having their own currency would mean less stable prices. One reason why many people did not vote "yes" was because the Bank of England said that an independent scottland would not be able to use the british pound after an 18 month grace period

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 12:20:12 PM

When 'Yes' means 'No'...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUR-HgAtwtg

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:47:21 PM

I would disagree. The scottland economy would be much weaker without being part of the UK, and having their own currency would mean less stable prices. One reason why many people did not vote "yes" was because the Bank of England said that an independent scottland would not be able to use the british pound after an 18 month grace period

pff you dont have the beginning of a clue as to what could happen. This is like the global warming scam, you are all afraid and crave paying taxes and be dominated by some psychopathic elite. If bitcoin taught me something, it is that independence is precious. Every single people should be independent. Sure it may not be easy in the beginning because those fucking banksters et al are going to crush you with their money (werent the banks in scotland threatening to flee to london? rofl fucking joke those scums), trying to prevent you from breaking free from this corrupted and enslaving system.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: