Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:14:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PROOF that GAWMiners Hashlet Is Not A Miner  (Read 10218 times)
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:42:57 PM

From what I understand, the Haslet is a virtual miner. I believe that GAW has pooled a bunch of hardware and are selling off software based virtual slots, e.g. Hashlets, similar to what Droplets are to VPS. They sold off so many hashlets that they had to temporary stop sales and are currently expanding the mining hardware side of things, in order to increase the number of haslets available for sale.

Mining profitability is good, price increase due to the low availability has also made the hashlets a good deal with a price increase from $16 to $40.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hustler100

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

In Crypto We Trust

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:28:57 PM

I thought about that and I think there might be something suspicious with the whole price bumping issues.
Also the whole hashlets packages they provide without detailed info  Undecided
murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:33:54 PM

this is a picture of Josh with the scrypt miners

Those are just boxes on warehouse shelves.
Nothing is plugged in, where are all the wires?

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
Klubknuckle

Activity: 285

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:42:54 PM

Agree, where is all the wires, mining farm shouldn't be so neat.

IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:46:49 PM

This is one of Genesis Minings setup, expensive at the moment compared to a hashlet but at least you can see cables etc.

zdaz14

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:52:33 PM

https://i.imgur.com/9YTH5mB.jpg

Behind it?
murraypaul

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:20:40 PM

Behind it?

You can see between and under each shelf. There is nothing there.
No power, no networking, no air conditioning.
You can see stacks of pallets in the background. It is a warehouse, setup to take a nice photo.
This is a crypto datacentre: http://imgur.com/a/CcIhX

rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:31:19 PM

I guess no one else here has worked logistics or knows what a datacenter actually looks like.

See the plastic wrapped pallets behind that 1 rack of hardware? Do you see any power cords going to/from the hardware?
This setup to me, looks like it was built for either the purpose of taking this picture, OR its housing empty cases for hardware.

zdaz14

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:43:36 PM

Heres another image to check out. Let me know what ya'll make of it.

https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fhashtrader.s3.amazonaws.com%2F383574542ffbe3665a55d7af4227404c88025fd1e52a.jpg&t=543&c=JQ7C-tGE1fmHjA
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:44:59 PM

Again, no wires, no ac. The only wires I see are running those lights.
murraypaul

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:46:14 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 05:14:35 PM by murraypaul

From the way the fans are pointing, it looks like that is meant to be the hot isle of the datacentre.
Where is the air conditioning?
If the machines are operating, why is the guy on the left leaning against several of them, completely blocking the fans?

More photos of real datacentres: http://www.businessinsider.com/warehouse-men-200000-bitcoin-monthly-2014-8

zdaz14

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:55:44 PM

From the way the fans are pointing, it looks like that is meant to be the hot isle of the datacentre.
Where is the air conditioning?
If the machines are operating, why is the guy on the left leaning against several of them, completely blocking the fans?

All fair points.

I'm wondering if this was when everything was being set up and they wanted a photoshoot while it looked nice? I shoot professionally and would have requested to do the shoot prior to it looking hectic with wiring.

I really like GAW and have made my ROI already because of their free gift (sold it, they gave it to everyone too) so now everything is just additional income. Only a few dollars a day but hey, better than nothing. I just threw some spare cash into it (recent graduate so I don't have a few grand to drop like others lol).
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 11:44:44 PM

What are you even talking about here.
Of course a hashlet is not a miner.
GAW showed 2 of their data centers and said they own 3, their exact location was posted along with the google maps photos.

Youre debating whether a picture of a warehouse with the miners stacked on shelves is actually a working data center? Give me a break.

s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 11:57:14 PM

GAW showed 2 of their data centers and said they own 3, their exact location was posted along with the google maps photos.

Youre debating whether a picture of a warehouse with the miners stacked on shelves is actually a working data center? Give me a break.

Anybody who has been in a data center knows that the difference between a warehouse and a data center.

Crawl back into your hole Panda
zdaz14

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 11:58:51 PM

Common sense suddenly strikes this thread.
EvilPanda

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:12:26 AM

Anybody who has been in a data center knows that the difference between a warehouse and a data center.

Maybe hitting a wall with your head will move some dead cells inside, but I doubt it.

rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:13:12 AM

Where are those photos or those locations? Please post evidence, or it didn't happen.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:16:16 AM

Maybe hitting a wall with your head will move some dead cells inside, but I doubt it.

I hate to say it, but s1gs3gv has a point. The 2 photos that are floating around now are clearly warehouses. Not to mention the scale at which gaw is talking about with prime, you would want an actual server farm setup. Controlled environment, hermetically sealed, etc. Even if their "warehouse" or "data centers" are located in the northeast, summer humidity would kill the hardware regardless of how many fans you have pointed at them, and in those photos there are 0.
EvilPanda

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:24:37 AM

I hate to say it, but s1gs3gv has a point. The 2 photos that are floating around now are clearly warehouses. Not to mention the scale at which gaw is talking about with prime, you would want an actual server farm setup. Controlled environment, hermetically sealed, etc. Even if their "warehouse" or "data centers" are located in the northeast, summer humidity would kill the hardware regardless of how many fans you have pointed at them, and in those photos there are 0.

I disagree. GAW posted these photos to show the miners they have, it's not the actual data center. That's why I wrote what I wrote 2 or 3 posts above you. The actual datacenters were posted on hashtalk few weeks ago and someone found they still have coordinates in the descriptions, I'll add them in a sec.

Here you go (copied from another thread not hashtalk, because their new forum is really slow Sad)

Manfred87's Picture Proof of the Hardware:

Interpretation is on everybody himself.

Fact: In only two month they build up a very large Mining Center in the East
( https://hashtalk.org/t/gaw-miners-generation-a-hosted-update/1347 )

Could be Fake: Datacenter West ( no Pictures from inside )

Mirrors:
http://www.xup.to/dl,45783567/zenminer.zip/
http://www.file-upload.net/download-9405717/zenminer.zip.html
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ufsvvh

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 12:26:56 AM

strange stuff going on here

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: