View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:02:41 AM

do you think it will rise up again ?

One day! Good luck  Wink

Xiaoxiao
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:05:12 AM

Or it might hit a painful sub 100 and stay there for years.  not out of the realm of possibilities.
screwUdriver

Activity: 346
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:09:54 AM

Or it might hit a painful sub 100 and stay there for years.  not out of the realm of possibilities.
I don't think it will go down this low. Bictcoin has traded between the mid 400's and the lower 700 range all year (post gox). I don't personally see it going much lower then the mid to low 400 range (in the past it has always rebounded strongly when it got to these levels).
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:21:32 AM

I don't think it will go down this low. Bictcoin has traded between the mid 400's and the lower 700 range all year (post gox). I don't personally see it going much lower then the mid to low 400 range (in the past it has always rebounded strongly when it got to these levels).

The problem with that statement is that eventually, you run out of buyers. Everyone who bought the last 2 or 3 bounces in this range has made decent money IF they sold. But many (perhaps most) did not so they are full. Also, eventually you run out of suckers and the buyers get beaten down until they are too wary to buy at these prices again and again.
The main point I am trying to make here is that just because it has done this before, does not mean it will continue to do the same. Many traders who use trend lines will tell you that a trend lines get broken on the 4th test. So they all fail to hold at some point. Even though it may not last long (or it might) a spike that gets through still counts and that is all that is needed to break a trend.

nuff

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:34:21 AM

You can't run out of buyers in Bitcoin. You may eventually run out of sellers though
TRex95

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:44:56 AM

The problem with that statement is that eventually, you run out of buyers. Everyone who bought the last 2 or 3 bounces in this range has made decent money IF they sold. But many (perhaps most) did not so they are full. Also, eventually you run out of suckers and the buyers get beaten down until they are too wary to buy at these prices again and again.
The main point I am trying to make here is that just because it has done this before, does not mean it will continue to do the same. Many traders who use trend lines will tell you that a trend lines get broken on the 4th test. So they all fail to hold at some point. Even though it may not last long (or it might) a spike that gets through still counts and that is all that is needed to break a trend.
You could make the same argument about running out of sellers when the price gets to the 700 range.

I would argue that a lot of people who bought in the low 400 range likely sold at higher prices and now potentially have more money to invest/speculate with.
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:55:33 AM

of course, it must be back, and I wait to the moon with bitcoin.

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:04:35 AM

Or it might hit a painful sub 100 and stay there for years.  not out of the realm of possibilities.

You could make the same argument about running out of sellers when the price gets to the 700 range.

I would argue that a lot of people who bought in the low 400 range likely sold at higher prices and now potentially have more money to invest/speculate with.

Absolutely! I'm not saying that as a Bearish statement. Only that you can't count on something because that is what happened last time. I know that it works the same way in the other direction, but we're talking about the lower end here. $400 is in far more immediate danger than the $700 level, and as prices drop, some people that had no intention to sell, may find their incentive to sell, and before you know it, panic is in full swing.

Those who did actually sell what they bought at $400, sold them to someone. Likely at a price that is higher than it is now. It's not as if when you sell, you sell to some money machine... You sell to someone else who has emotions when money is at stake. There are two sides to every trade, and people are panicky.

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4457

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:26:39 AM

you can't count on something because that is what happened last time.

Not once or twice perhaps, but if it keeps repeating the same pattern again and again it's prudent to take notice.

Doing something again and again and expecting a different result is  just plain... crazy.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:08:13 PM

no it will never rise again it will go down deep into negative numbers long enough to make you owe your house and your car to the people who have no bitcoins and then it will continue falling down.

i am satoshi
bonipper

Activity: 246

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:13:13 PM

no it will never rise again it will go down deep into negative numbers long enough to make you owe your house and your car to the people who have no bitcoins and then it will continue falling down.

I think it will go much lower than that.
cowandtea

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:16:50 PM

Yes, just a temporary drop as merchant are converting 100% of the bitcoin to USD immediately.

Unbelive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:22:31 PM

Yes, just a temporary drop as merchant are converting 100% of the bitcoin to USD immediately.

So you think USD will go up?

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:26:46 PM

Yes I strongly believe The price of a Bitcoin will go up.  I think there is no reason to think it won't go up in the future.  Their has been no changes that address the reasons for Bitcoin's existence in the first place.  Bitcoin has more of a reason to go up today then it did in the past years.
JerryCurlzzz

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:52:04 PM

You can't run out of buyers in Bitcoin. You may eventually run out of sellers though

You can't run out of buyers? I've been watching price action all of 2014 and it seems that each support level we drop to, we run out of buyers each time. Sure, there's plenty of buy support at $1, but how about $400, $500? $700?
HomerS

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:14:54 PM

Or it might hit a painful sub 100 and stay there for years.  not out of the realm of possibilities.

Absolutely! I'm not saying that as a Bearish statement. Only that you can't count on something because that is what happened last time. I know that it works the same way in the other direction, but we're talking about the lower end here. $400 is in far more immediate danger than the $700 level, and as prices drop, some people that had no intention to sell, may find their incentive to sell, and before you know it, panic is in full swing.

Those who did actually sell what they bought at $400, sold them to someone. Likely at a price that is higher than it is now. It's not as if when you sell, you sell to some money machine... You sell to someone else who has emotions when money is at stake. There are two sides to every trade, and people are panicky.

i don 't fully understand these complicated considerations. I saw it much easier. a lot of people bought bitcoin last autumn because it was something new, so it created a great demand. So it was a unequivocal superiority of demand over supply and the price rise.
Now although bitcoin is accepted in a lot of shops and a lot of people use it - which is important, without it the bitcoin finished - but the consequences is stabilize prices around 500 or less.
Maybe you think something similar in another words.
falllling

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:51:39 AM

bitcoin is going to nowhere but down! sell before the final capitulation!
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:38:05 AM

The honey badger of money does what it wishes.  Honey badger take big nap.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:25:42 AM

Yes, price always rise, and always fall.

Any more specific question? Like if we will broke the downtrend and get back to the 500's/600's/700's/HTI wharever?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: