Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:57:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has reached the tipping point  (Read 14058 times)
TYDIRocks

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:29:58 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 05:32:09 PM by TYDIRocks

I don't see Bitcoin going away any time soon.

Why not?

if you know anything you know it is fundamentally flawed which has been all but admitted now by the lead developers.

How is it "fundamentally flawed"? Please enlighten me.

Import new address/private keys with ease: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101161
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:17:19 PM

I think bitcoin will worth 1200$ within 1 month.

I highly doubt it.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
waldocarter

Activity: 378

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:19:29 PM

Why not?

if you know anything you know it is fundamentally flawed which has been all but admitted now by the lead developers.

How is it "fundamentally flawed"? Please enlighten me.
Bitcoin detractors will always state that and give 0 facts. Apparently the only non-flawed crypto is their own pump & dump scheme.

devphp (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:05:40 AM

Price action gives strong signals. Bitcoin has stagnated, price in USD is not going anywhere. Bitcoiners invest in other technologies, in those that show at least some advancement and progress. 2014 is the year of Bitcoin peak as a technological break-through. Its price may still grow a bit or not, it doesn't matter. It has served its purpose and is quickly turning into a fertilizer for the soil of crypto technologies on which innovations will blossom.

R.I.P Bitcoin. You did good. You will be remembered.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 08:09:36 AM

I think (more like hope) the price will rise. They always said lots of people used to say "bitcoin will never reach $10" and look where it is now.
LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 09:14:08 AM

Price action gives strong signals. Bitcoin has stagnated, price in USD is not going anywhere. Bitcoiners invest in other technologies, in those that show at least some advancement and progress. 2014 is the year of Bitcoin peak as a technological break-through. Its price may still grow a bit or not, it doesn't matter. It has served its purpose and is quickly turning into a fertilizer for the soil of crypto technologies on which innovations will blossom.

R.I.P Bitcoin. You did good. You will be remembered.

Grin

I couldn't have said it better.

R.I.P. Bitcoin

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
kattekop

Activity: 194

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:19:50 PM

In good times there's applause, in bad times there's despair.
Profit from despair! Smiley
Coinoman

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:06:04 PM

Yes. Next step XXXcoin!
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:17:19 PM

Agreed. I also think the tipping point has been reached or at least will be reached in the very near future. A lot of people will most certainly call me crazy, but Bitcoin is dead to me.

O RLY?  Roll Eyes
https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions-excluding-popular?timespan=all&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address=

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:28:10 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 06:44:45 AM by Spoetnik

But it's not the tipping point after which it grows exponentially, no. It's the tipping point where people start fleeing it en masse to other technologies and undervalued cryptos. After all, why would you buy Bitcoin if you can buy something cheaper, which does the same, or even better - if you can buy something cheaper which does the same and then a few other things. Bitcoin was the bootstrapping crypto, now is the time for other technologies to take its place. It won't happen overnight, but the process has begun.

... which does the same

your high on crack buddy  Roll Eyes

i think your blind and i bet you suffer from bag holder syndrome.. bullshitting yourself in the hopes of getting rich one day.
i quoted you for a reason Wink
your delusional..

FUD first & ask questions later™
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:52:42 PM

you have a problem reading chart because bitcoin is rising

saying that other coins will surpass bitcoin, when their solely purpose is to make your bitcoin bag bigger, fucking funny

I think bitcoin will worth 1200$ within 1 month.

I highly doubt it.

you would have said the same before the 1000 pump
JimminyCricket

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:39:19 PM

https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions

Yeah, its flat-lining
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:58:39 PM

Nope, you just have the wrong time frame
https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions?timespan=all&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address=

JimminyCricket

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:28:29 PM

If the median breaks through 80,000 per day, then I'll concede you're right. It looks flat across February - August to me.
sandpaper

Activity: 373

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:58:14 PM

Sell me all your BTC then for $300 each. Thanks
pork pie

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:15:57 PM

Why not?

They will probably eventually fix any really big problems. The first bitcoin wallets are now unusable because of today's wallet improvements, and I expect today's wallet will be unusable in another five years because the devs will gradually add new improvements.
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:56:18 PM

Not even an original troll post OP. smh.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
Zombier0

Activity: 435

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:01:31 AM

All go For LTC

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 05:27:11 PM

What can be belying about the number of transactions is that BTC may be the entry point from fiat into the crypto world. More transactions do not necessary translate to BTC being well supported. It can also mean that other cryptos may be the reason why BTC is being transacted so much.

What would be interesting is the value of BTC over time AND the number of transactions. If transactions increase but the value of BTC is trending downwards, then it is a signal of the beginning of the end of BTC and it may well be a protracted downtrend.

It is interesting to note that Crypto 2.0 is beginning to take shape with NXt being the first one off the block followed by NEM.

Crypto 2.0 is no more about a coin but more about an ecosystem in which the value of assets in the ecosystem may be more than the value of the coin itself. The purpose of the coin is used to fuel the transactions instead.
LiberyOrDeath

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:02:07 PM

But it's not the tipping point after which it grows exponentially, no. It's the tipping point where people start fleeing it en masse to other technologies and undervalued cryptos. After all, why would you buy Bitcoin if you can buy something cheaper, which does the same, or even better - if you can buy something cheaper which does the same and then a few other things. Bitcoin was the bootstrapping crypto, now is the time for other technologies to take its place. It won't happen overnight, but the process has begun.

Has it not occurred to you yet that all the other coins have their value in BTC? Your statement is absurd.

Let me give you an example. There are hundreds of currencies in the world today. Most of them are worthless garbage, and one think they have in common that each currency has its value denominated in USD.

BTC is to altcoins, what USD is to fiat currencies. Capish?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: