Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:55:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to invest 550 BTC?  (Read 16411 times)
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:10:55 PM

in my view btc is the ultimate investment. 2014 performance is kinda depressing but the year is not over yet.

hodl.
TimeWatch

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:13:13 PM

Hi all!!
After years of mining and trading, now I own about 550 BTC. What's the best way to invest this sum?
What would you do with it?

Thanks!!
You own a shitload of money and you are so naive on investments things.I suggest you invest in some real shit.I believe that sum could help you establish any good profit making business either online or in the offline world.
homm88

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

BTC/Doge

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:02:47 PM

in my view btc is the ultimate investment. 2014 performance is kinda depressing but the year is not over yet.

hodl.

I agree in a sense.

Eventually, there will be a cryptocurrency developed that's marginally better than Bitcoin due to some advantage. Sure, the features could be added to BTC later too, but the Bitcoin devs would be playing catchup then.

But I see 2015 as a very bright year for Bitcoin still.
zdaz14

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:44:04 PM

Invest in dank of course!  Grin Grin

Hey, man, he's going to change the world with his guitar skills.
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:44:20 AM

Hi all!!
After years of mining and trading, now I own about 550 BTC. What's the best way to invest this sum?

Thanks!!

Firstly, I'd avoid announcing to anyone in the future that you have this sum of BTC. Don't want any targets on your back.

If it were me, I'd keep a good deal in cold storage and continue trading to hedge. I don't feel the BTC-denominated investment scene is very, ummm, reliable....

lol he only has 2 post and both the same but in different language, he wants to tell everyone, if its true thats nuts.
ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:17:20 PM

waw if I had that much, I do not dare to invest. might be better made ​​in money, and investing in the real world Smiley

steven.G999

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:44:03 PM

I probably would not invest that much btc, imagine if it's not exposed to the scammer lost: D
tradaplaya

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:52:34 PM

You could always look into the PAMM accounts at BTC-e. some of them are making a nice return on investment.

Check it out, if your looking for a passive investment income.
Handtouch

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:51:06 PM

That's a lot of money, It could be even enough to retire, if you would buy just food and to pay all taxes... And all investments are risky... I would suggest just keep them.
Sinecoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:40:24 PM

You should invest in protecting your 550 btc and hold onto it until the next halving happens.

center]
         ▄▄▄█████████████████
    ▄▄████████████████████████     
 ▄█████████▀▀▀            ████▌     ███▄
▐█████▀▀                  ▐███▌     ████
▐████                     ▐████     ████
▐████       ▄▄█████████████████      ▀▀█
▐████     ▐███████████████████▌
 ████▌     ███████▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄▄
 ▐████      █████       ██████████████▌
  █████     ▀█████     █████▌  ▀▀█████
   █████     ▀█████   █████▀     █████
    █████     ▀█████▄█████▀     █████
     █████     ▀█████████▀     █████
      █████      ▀█████▀      █████
       █████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄█████
        ▀█████▄           ▄█████▀
          ▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
            ▀█████▄▄ ▄▄█████▀
              ▀███████████▀
                 ▀▀███▀▀
BookiePro▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   BookiePro.fun   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████ █ █
  The World's Betting Exchange 
         ▄▄███▄███▄
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ██▀ ▀█████████████
   ▄██ ███▄██████████████
  ████ ██████████████████
   ███ ███████        ███ █▄
▄█▄ ██ ███████   ████████ ▀▀█▄
▀██▄ ████         █████ ▀██▄
  ▀█▄▄ ████▀▀▀   ▀▀▀█████ ██ ▀█▀
    ▀█ ████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█████ ███
       ███████   ████████ ████
       ██████████████▀███ ██▀
       █████████████▄ ▄██
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
             ▀███▀████▀▀
   Bet with  ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Play Money

Win Real Bitcoin 
|   5 BTC ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Prize Pool

World Cup 2018 
  Download 
Now
[/center]
whalebone

Activity: 388
Merit: 101

Bountying for a $100T crypto economy

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 11:15:53 PM

I'd drop 25 BTC into low volume anonymous alt coins and convert 2-5% to fiat at each tidal rise just to cover your non-digital operating costs.

2015 is going to be an epic year for BTC and the digital finance realm.

Get your TRI address on moordetro.it & add it to your cryptoprofile on ODDBANK.info ig: @curiousbank @oddb.io @humorless_profit twitter: @curiousbank
CoinRollin

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:22:20 PM

550 BTC is almost half million dollar, first be sure they are in safe. Also whatever amount of btc you have, invest in where you're best.
fa

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:47:14 AM

Hi all!!

Thanks!!

You can check out JUA, bitcoin bank by ChinaBTC (one of top 5 major btc exchanges in China), daily 0.025% interest for current deposit / 1.3~1.4% for fixed deposit (opened for 6 times, 1000~2000btc amount each time. Almost always sold out in minutes, but currently fixed deposit is not available).

URL http://save.jua.com

In Chinese JUA(聚啊) means collecting and saving treasures.
Now it has around 30k BTC savings in all.
I don't work for JUA, and I dont have that many BTCs like you, but I managed to get considerable btc income last month.

(You can change top corner flag to alter webpage language, and check the introduction yourself.)

For other top exchange markets in China, there are also OKCoin's BiShengBi (Meaning btc generated by btc, presently not open to public), and HuoBi's BitVC (at about 0.012% daily interest for current deposit / 1.2% for fixed deposit, currently fixed deposit is not available). I now have my both JUA and BitVC income every day, but ChinaBTC's JUA is easier to use and has higher pay back.
Biochemical

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 11:29:14 AM

Give it to someone who understands investment, do not try anything by your own, you can end up loosing all of them.

Good luck.
valvalis

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:46:49 PM

Property is the best for investing.
But always learn about what would you invest before you invest in it.

█▌▐█
▄██████▄▄
  ▀████████▄
     ▀███████
       ▀██████
         ▀█████
           ████
         ▄█████
       ▄█████
     ▄███████
  ▄████████▀
▀██████▀▀
  █▌▐█
..DeFiXy.......████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███   ██████████████   ███████   █████████   ██   █████   ██████████████████   ████
.$0.50.
███████   ██   █████████   ██   ███████████   ███████████   ███████████   █████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.......JOIN NOW..
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:58:42 PM

I would buy a house, rent it out and wait one year and sell it for a big profit.

I'm not sure if most people want to be a lowly landlord or property dealer. Also in a lot of countries .gov managed to inflate huge bubbles so it's quite risky in most developed countries.

My advice to OP:

Diversification is key.

I would leave some in btc, precious metals (physical), property (carefully selected), land. I would definitely invest some in creating bitcoin companies.
Nellyx

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:20:06 PM

Mix up what you invest in, dont put all your eggs in one basket!

Try property, metals, currencies. Not sure what else.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:11:26 PM

take 448 BTC... put it in a paper wallet with super secure password... then encrypt it with gpg... ofcourse don't forget either password...

the 2 BTC remaining... have fun with that... check out the scamurities sub forum..... invest 2btc in said forum... when you lose the 2BTC, and 99% of the time you probably will... just be glad you have the 448BTC as your nest egg.....

now take the 448 BTC remaining... and don't touch it... unless you want to sell it slowly.... do not invest... investing in BTC is shall we say.. another name for someone else to take your money.

and yeah yeah I' sure others will say I'm talking shit.... how many people have made sizeable gans ? or lost it all ? Whle it might be fun to invest 0.005 and get back 0.0006 the first month... then 0.007.. then 0.0008... after a few months it will go in the opposite direction.

You have obviously been doing somethig right to collect that much BTC... weather its from buying.. stealing.. gambling or what ever.. what ever it is.. keep doing that, if you must Smiley

justahack

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:32:10 PM

You might check out what Dan Larimer and his crew are doing over at BitShares. If it works, it could revolutionize finance using the blockchain.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:47:32 PM

I would buy a house, rent it out and wait one year and sell it for a big profit.
Where would you buy a house right now? It depends a lot on country, location... you can lose money speculating with this right now.
And wow OP, 550BTC is a fuckton.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: